Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:09 AM
Default i hope they have a religous ep
so that way you don't have to buy it and put magic in its own ep. not that i will get the magic one
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:13 AM
I'm not sure your post makes sense to me. And no, really, I doubt they'll make a religion EP, because then, they'd have to leave some religions out or give then uneven content and... well, you know what'd happen.
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:14 AM
yea but it would still be nice
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:16 AM
I don't know. What features would that EP have that'd make it so "nice"? (Never mind that you didn't even explain your first post, that obviously confused me)
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:21 AM
well have crosses, bibles, churchy things, and of course other religious things from other religions. pray to Jesus, (other religious figures) have an option to go to church or other religious buildings. make it an expansion pack by its self so that way you can buy it if you want to.

i don't want magic stuff on my sims, (witches potions, vampires, werewolves ect.)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:24 AM
So would praying to religious figures give you bonuses or something? Wouldn't atheist/agnostic/otherwise non-religious sims be at a disadvantage compared to religious ones then?
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:27 AM
well the point is you don't have to put it on your sims the sims 3 with out the ep would be the same.

your going to have me think about what the praying will do.
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:34 AM
oh i got it, i know they won't do this but have a new thing like hunger and social, ect. but have it be religion and its based on aspiration points with new wants, every time you get to the end of praying you get points and the more points you get the more religious decorations you get.
Banned
#9 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_French_Sim
I don't know. What features would that EP have that'd make it so "nice"? (Never mind that you didn't even explain your first post, that obviously confused me)

One great feature could totally be a whole control en masse type deal where you instill fear into the other sims heart forcing them to convert to your particular sims religion! </sarcasm>
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 8:51 AM
The zealot NPC.

*imagining a group of sims coming to your door*
DING DONG
"- Hello?
- REPENT OR DIIIIE"
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:03 AM
thats not it at all you don't have to buy it
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:04 AM
besides religous people and sims don't kill we just pray for you
Banned
#13 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:09 AM
while a religious ep would make an interesting ep, it would never be made as there will be someone or a group of someones that will make a stink about it for many reasons, I'll name a few...

Their religion wasn't included
There's other religions beside that person's/group's religion

If it were all made up Sim religions we'd have something like....

"X part of that sim religion resembles my religion and it's blasphemous!!!!!1111"

There are too many reasons for me to list, and EA wouldn't put out an ep like that as they'd get too much flak from people.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:12 AM
Example of conflict:
Satanists may want satanist sims if there's a religious EP. And what would happen when conservative Christians (like, apparently, the OP, see other posts) find out?

A right sh*tstorm.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 9:49 AM
The only kind of religion I want in the sims is if they'll worship the mighty Llama.
Banned
#16 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
The only kind of religion I want in the sims is if they'll worship the mighty Llama.

A grilled cheese religion would be awesome too :D
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 10:41 AM
yeah that would be good. they could make up there own sim religions which would be good. id defo buy that.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:05 AM
no no no
As an atheist I would feel personally offended by a religious themed expansion pack. I think it's a horrible idea, for all the reasons mentioned in this thread, -and then some. There are far too many religious freaks in the world trying to stuff their believes down other people's throats, and I seriously don't need that cr*p in my game too.

Quote: Originally posted by squzalkitty
you don't have to buy it

It's a matter of principle really. I don't think it's politically correct to make one. Besides, I like to buy all the EPs for the Sims games, because even if I don't need/like much of the content they still have some cool features/objects that I don't want to miss out on. See the problem?
To be honest I find the thought of a religious EP just as offensive as an erotic one, with brothels and 'working girls' included. Come to think of it, I think I find it even more offensive....
Alchemist
#19 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:27 AM
Bad idea.. If they put certain religions in game but not others, people would be offended and i don't think they could put all of the religions into the game because there is like hundreds.
#20 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

Hear hear

*nods*
Alchemist
#21 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:43 PM
Hah, a religious EP is less likely to happen than even an adult one (which also won't happen). As there is no Jesus or other religious figure in the Sims universe, which is also cartoony to the point of stereotype (just look at the vampires, witches etc) they'd have to be made up and as Safyre said, that would open an entire can of worms.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Scholar
#22 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:44 PM
All for the Llama religion

Yup, Jack Thompson would love this one;
"The Sims 3 gives rise to religious fanatics!"
Because, you know, anti-paedophilia rants can only get him so much attention.

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wycked
As an atheist I would feel personally offended by a religious themed expansion pack. I think it's a horrible idea, for all the reasons mentioned in this thread, -and then some. There are far too many religious freaks in the world trying to stuff their believes down other people's throats, and I seriously don't need that cr*p in my game too.

As a Christian I feel personally offended by your statement. If you think that religious people are that way, you've got it all wrong. It is a mere stereotype. Sure, some are that way. But the majority are not freaks, like you say.

As for the idea, it might be cute, but too many people would get their panties in a bunch over it. Like others have said, if they were going to ever do such a thing, it would probably be a llama worshiping religion.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Forum Resident
#24 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alliemarie2323
As a Christian I feel personally offended by your statement. If you think that religious people are that way, you've got it all wrong. It is a mere stereotype. Sure, some are that way. But the majority are not freaks, like you say.
I don't think that post was an attack against religion as a whole, to me, it sounded more likely to be a rant against zealots.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#25 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:38 PM
Guys, this is REALLY not the place for a religious debate.

Regarding hoping for a religious EP, as my wise old grandma has always said, "Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which fills up faster." It ain't gonna happen, period.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Page 1 of 5