Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:25 AM
Default Mod issues after downloading Cats and Dogs?
Are there any known mod issues after the new Cats and Dogs was installed? I can't adopt pets or interact with adoption pets and I can't seem to find the mod causing the issues. When I go to click on the adopt action after theyre dropped off it just removes any actions and my sims stand there stupidly. Any ideas? I really dont wanna have to go through and take out all of my cc and slowly put it in.... cuz I HAVE A LOT.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:35 AM
the only way too fix it is too look for updates of your mods and cc sims 4 studio fixes cc items. you would have too a 50/50 of your mods too find which are broken and need updates anything before nov 9th 2017 will need a update
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:50 AM
well crap... my mods folder is over 2.6 gbs lol Thats gonna take forever.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:58 AM
pets patch pretty much broke everything mod related and cc items. you should post on mccc they will help you figure out what too keep and what too get rid of.
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 7:30 AM
Just disable Script Mods in your options menu if you don't want to take anything out....
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 6:34 AM
I'm having a few issues too. Mainly my Sims won't stay asleep. When I send them to bed, they get in, then wake up again after a second or two and get back out of the bed. They'll nap for a while when I use that option but that's it. Even when their energy level is super low they won't stay asleep. I know it's gotta be cc or mod related. I tried to fix things with sims 4 studio, but it still happens. It's gonna be awful having to go through my whole mods folder to see what's causing it :/
dodgy builder
#7 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:41 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 14th Jan 2018 at 11:54 AM.
I tried doing the list of patches following sims4studio. I don't have that many problems, except a couple of skirts with displaced bits. I have like tons of CC. You could try downloading here.

click tools in the top menu and batch fixes for object and cas. It said it fixed lots of issues for me.

Be wear though, game changing mods I treat very differently. They need to be redownloaded.

Quote: Originally posted by drippingstars
I'm having a few issues too. Mainly my Sims won't stay asleep. When I send them to bed, they get in, then wake up again after a second or two and get back out of the bed. They'll nap for a while when I use that option but that's it. Even when their energy level is super low they won't stay asleep. I know it's gotta be cc or mod related. I tried to fix things with sims 4 studio, but it still happens. It's gonna be awful having to go through my whole mods folder to see what's causing it :/

If you go through your gamechanging mods only, do you really have that many? Then I would say you have too many mods. They need to be updated, so keeping that many is always going to be a major hassle.
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 3:01 PM

Try taking out any stereos in the same room or a room directly above. I'm having that same problem and I think some cc stereos that are turned off aren't really "off" and are waking your sims up. It might be all stereos, haven't had time to test since the last patch.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:40 PM

I just started Sims 4, have base game, pets and parenthood. No mods. And they won't stay asleep.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Melba 1496
I just started Sims 4, have base game, pets and parenthood. No mods. And they won't stay asleep.

I wish I could help you out with what's causing it. It turns out my problem was definitely mod related. Once I removed the culprit from my mods folder, my sims can finally sleep. I hope you're able to find and fix the problem because I know how absolutely annoying it can be. I saw someone say somewhere that it could be a tv or radio/stereo turned on close by, or a dog barking that is keeping sims awake? It's definitely worth checking into. Is there any thought bubble over their heads when they get out of bed? Or do they just behave like mine did and act annoyed?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

If you go through your gamechanging mods only, do you really have that many? Then I would say you have too many mods. They need to be updated, so keeping that many is always going to be a major hassle.

No, thankfully I don't have all that many mods, and I've cut them down even more now. I did finally find the culprit though. I was the "share beds with anyone" mod. Once I removed that everything was fine and my sims could sleep again
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 6:49 AM
Didn't the earbuds once give the same problem? Making sims getting up right after going to bed?
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 12:20 AM
When playing with your Pets are you suppose to be able to interact with them the same way you do with your Sim. When I click on my Pet I can not give them commands , In Sims three you could. But I can not do any thing with them unless doing it by making my Sim do it.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 9:31 AM
No, you can't. You have to interact with them without controlling them. There might be mods out there, you can use.

Next time, make a new thread if your question is not related to the subject in the thread. A question like this can go in the long "stupid questions" thread. If you would like to know about mods, you can post in the wcif or "where can I find" forum, at the top of this forum.
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:55 AM
Default Thank you I think.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
No, you can't. You have to interact with them without controlling them. There might be mods out there, you can use.

Next time, make a new thread if your question is not related to the subject in the thread. A question like this can go in the long "stupid questions" thread. If you would like to know about mods, you can post in the wcif or "where can I find" forum, at the top of this forum.

Thank you for your answer, sorry I irritated you with my question. Next time I will place my questions in the " Stupid Questions " Thread, really???? How Rude.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:45 AM
Volvenom I think Abagail was actually responding to the OP by confirming her observation rather than asking a new question.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
dodgy builder
#17 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Volvenom I think Abagail was actually responding to the OP by confirming her observation rather than asking a new question.

Abagail: Ah, my bad. I didn't see that. Sorry. The only thing missing from my previous statement, was a smiley. It was just a general statement from me. It looked like you used the thread to post an unrelated question.

I don't know why someone called it stupid question thread, but it's where "the questions you ask while passing by" goes.