Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 6:05 PM
I refuse to pay the bills
I downloaded a '' higher bills '' mod and then forgot about it.

Two weeks later I started playing, my sim Jessica Pressley is a resident in Starlight Shores, trying to become the next big super popstar.
She lives in this crappy trailer next to some old warehouse and she can't really afford paying her bills (a scenario that makes me love the game and I refuse to cheat because honestly it's so awesome that she's trying to become famous yet can't pay her bills).

But I don't want her expensive TV or her expensive bed to be taken away, so I deleted the front door only placing it if she ever needs to leave or enter. Is the repo man going to enter anyway?! Is he going to take something crappy like he always does (a lamp or a plant) or something expensive not that she has to pay 3844 simoleons?!

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 6:50 PM
Deleting the door will not save you, the repo man has a teleport. :/
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 7:09 PM
Put everything in your inventory on Repo day and use cheats to age Repo man into an early grave so you can sell his remains? Mayhaps you need the Frugal trait to do that...

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 7:37 PM
Hahah, we'll see
Theorist
#5 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 8:00 PM
If you're paying attention, on repo day when the repo man arrives at the house, going into the console and typing "resetsim name" where name is the repo man's name will make him go away. Since his arrival makes your bills reset, he won't come back for several more sim days of delinquency and then you can just do it over again.

Although the trick is not to miss him. Usually the game pops up a message and wants to focus the camera on the house, but I've managed to miss it now and then.

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:25 PM
There are settings in Retuner that might help. They can be found: From City Hall or a Computer>NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>By Tunable XML>Sims3.Gameplay.Services>Repoman and/or RepomanSituation.
Not sure how to advise you to set them though. If you need help with the value settings I suggest you ask that over in Chatterbox at NRaas.
Scholar
#7 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:28 PM
My sim once shot the repo-man because I forgot to pay the bills, worked like a charm.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:48 PM
I like to use MC to murder the repo man's ass personally.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 10:08 AM
I'm not going to cheat or change him through mods or kill him - it was about not losing any stuff.

Anyway, he just teleported right in and even though the bill was on 3844 he took:

Livingroom sofa
TV worth 3700
4 lamps (no lamps we're left)
Bathroom mirror
Shower
Wardrobe
Some kind of plant
Kitchen table
Kitchen chairs
A bush?!
Makeup
Bathroom zink

I had a bed, toilet and a small kitchen after he left .. how could he take so much stuff?! Just taking the tv and perhaps a chair should be enough but leaving me with 5-6 furnitures?!
One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:38 AM
It's called depreciation. Items are never worth the same as the original purchase price you paid. Just like IRL. Buy a car. Drive around town for a month. Try to sell it. You won't get what you paid (unless it's some exotic supercar, of course).

Sorry for the painful not paying your bills lesson. At least your sim still has a bed. Personally, if I were playing the "challenge", I would've just killed the repo man too.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:41 AM
Wow - that's harsh! Moral of story: Pay your bills! Maybe your star should have sold off something first. Or maybe, the higher bills mod is set a little too high? I find trying to get ahead financially in this game hard enough without higher bills, depending on what route your Sim takes. I've done a couple in the entertainment industry (musician and magician), but didn't follow them very far. They didn't make scads of money, so they were never doing awesome.

If only avoiding the landlord or the repo man was a feature of game play for certain types (personalities) of Sims. That could really add something.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 1:03 PM
No, actually I love the mod, opens up a whole new dimension to the game. Money has always been way too easy to get, but now I (she) has to work hard for the money! And the fact that all her stuff got taken away just makes the storyline even better, now she has to shower at the gym or use her friends tv and showed against their will meanwhile trying to get famous

Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 8:48 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself There is something fun about playing poor Sims. I do like them, myself.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I'm not going to cheat or change him through mods or kill him - it was about not losing any stuff.

Anyway, he just teleported right in and even though the bill was on 3844 he took:

Livingroom sofa
TV worth 3700
4 lamps (no lamps we're left)
Bathroom mirror
Shower
Wardrobe
Some kind of plant
Kitchen table
Kitchen chairs
A bush?!
Makeup
Bathroom zink

I had a bed, toilet and a small kitchen after he left .. how could he take so much stuff?! Just taking the tv and perhaps a chair should be enough but leaving me with 5-6 furnitures?!

Repoman works two jobs. Repoman and burglar? Sounds like a perfect combination to me.

Edit : Oh and repoman's wife owns consignment store.