Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
MM forever.

I have two new questions for you guys since this topic is all about TS2 hair...
Who are your top 3 Maxis-Match creators?
Who are your top 3 Pookleted creators?

Maxis-Match----Poppet, Drool Worthy Sims, and Rented Spaces' s Remi edited hairs.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 8:10 PM
That's one thing that bugs me too, the gaps in the 3t2 conversions. A lot of the times the hairs I love in Sims 3 are extremely gappy when converted to Sims 2 and the all the gaps bug me.
Scholar
#53 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:23 PM
I like both Maxis-match and Pooklet, but not necessarily for the same hairdo. Maxis-match works well for plainer, simpler hairstyles and Pooklet for fancy ones, so I have both - and I also have hair colours that are neither because I like a variety of colours and shades in my Sims' hair. People have lots of different shades of hair, and while my game is relatively low in CC (never more than 1.5 GB - at least until I get my new computer), I prefer some variety within each of the colour "families".
Mad Poster
#54 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:54 PM
You are very unkind towards my downloads folder. I have new hair now
Mad Poster
#55 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 7:17 PM
Favorite three creators: Javiera, Aquilegia, and Almighty Hat.

Javiera and Aquilegia did the default replacements of all the hairs except the store hairs, Almighty Hat . . . I must have thousands of hers, since I use all the colors. It helps me to recognize sims. I know the Capps all are in the strawberry-blond-to-auburn range, so I never look at bright red hair and think 'That's one of the Capp girls.' Nope, bright red is one of the Pleasant girls.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#56 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:47 PM
I love MM so much, but I have very little of it because creator's have their sites very hard to navigate through (mostly tumblr pages). I wish it would be as easy as getting pookleted from MTS.

I try to stay with MTS and TSR because of this issue, but MTS does not have a lot of maxis-match and TSR has every file seperate. Like, I want a certain hair, I have to go on a hunt to find every hair color of that mesh.

And sorry to all you pookleted fans, but this is my opinion.. I hate pookleted with a passion.

P.S. Did I mention I love emoticons?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 10:16 PM
Go to Trapping Crushes, click hair and scroll through. Tons of MM.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#58 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 11:21 PM
Also, if you do as Jo says and go to a Tumblr like Trapping Crushes to find creators you like, you can then get a Tumblr account yourself (you don't have to use it, but it gives you a way of tracking new posts from people whose stuff you like) and follow creators you like. Then you just look at your dash occasionally to see if someone's posted anything new. No need to go looking around at many different Tumblrs individually which, yes, can be a pain in the butt to do. That's precisely why I got a Tumblr account. I didn't intend to use it, at first. I just wanted to be able to follow and thank people whose stuff I downloaded...but then I ended up using it. *sigh*

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 2:43 AM
Both. I like the less shiny versions of Pooklet hair. Pooklet did this beautiful retexture of Nouk's Boyish hair on GOS advent thread and it was literally the best of both worlds. I like Remi textures too, but Pooklet textures are my one true love.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#60 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Also, if you do as Jo says and go to a Tumblr like Trapping Crushes to find creators you like, you can then get a Tumblr account yourself (you don't have to use it, but it gives you a way of tracking new posts from people whose stuff you like) and follow creators you like. Then you just look at your dash occasionally to see if someone's posted anything new. No need to go looking around at many different Tumblrs individually which, yes, can be a pain in the butt to do. That's precisely why I got a Tumblr account. I didn't intend to use it, at first. I just wanted to be able to follow and thank people whose stuff I downloaded...but then I ended up using it. *sigh*

I know, I have an account already, lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#61 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 3:44 AM
Just put Trapping Crushes into Google it should be at or near the top.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#62 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EAMaster
What is Pooklet? i don't know whats pooklet means

Sorry for replying so late, but here..
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...882#post3860882
Forum Resident
#63 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:19 PM
I use a mix. It just depends on the sim for me, really. Some things look weird/amazing on certain sims.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 4:18 AM
Sims look realer (is that a word?) without the 'realistic' hair, if that makes any sense at all. If not, good. That's what I like.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 10:25 PM
I know what you mean. The "realistic" hair looks unrealistic to me because it is too perfect and it doesn't move properly. While MM is not realistic, it fits the impression of the sims and fits better into that impressionistic idea of a human, hence it is more of a believable rendition of a person. Believable vs realistic - I seem to remember having this conversation with AndrewGloria on an older thread

Looking through the Trapping Crushes site I'm not even that keen on most of those. The textures I like, yes, but the meshes again look very posed and magazine-perfect, I can't see the hair moving in a natural way with the sim's head so I wouldn't use those hairs.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#66 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 3:15 AM
I personally will download hair that are animated. heck..this is sims 2, and sims 2 hair *should* be animated. Of course, this can be hard to tell, by just pictures...otherwise, I also will download hair that does not look like a sim is going to a formal dinner, or meet the president..ya know. I love normal hairstyle, like my own. But i do prefer Pooklet's color for them.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#67 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 3:37 AM
We all have our own Uncanny Valley triggers. Isn't it lovely to have so many choices?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#68 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 8:17 PM
Cats are better than dogs.
Sims 2 is better than any other Sims game.
Xbox 360 is better than Xbox One.
Maxis-Match is better than Pookleted.

But that's my opinion.
Scholar
#69 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 3:34 AM
I don't have any colours/textures I won't use -- I'm dubious of 3t2 meshes after downloading some disappointingly gappy ones, and I tend to prefer Maxis-match because it's more flexible, but I think Pooklet colours can also be adorable on the right Sims. It really depends on the Sim; while I did doll Chloe Curious up in fancy non-MM hair for a photoshoot for the calender contest, I personally think the choppy, brashly red, slightly punkish style she starts out with suits her personality so well that I can't bear to change it in normal gameplay. Jules O'Mackey, by contrast, looked awful to me to start out with, and very much needed a glossy ginger flapper-bob style to make he look as good as she should. Unless I've decided a Sim is actually going to do some serious work on their hair, they generally stay in the same colour and texture and within a shade or two of the colour and shade they started out with, whether they be premades with Maxis hair, townies who spawned, or kids who grew up into it. A baby just grew into a toddler in my game with some gorgeous chestnut bunches that I think are Pooklet colours, and while it's not the hair I expected for her, I think she'll stay with hair resembling it for life -- or until she becomes a rebellious teen and needs to use some unnaturals to show her scorn for the adult world of squares.
Page 3 of 3