Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:09 PM
Default You Better Listen To Me You Little- I Mean, Stupid Sims!
Yo.
So, I have never done rotational gameplay before. I want to try it and I was sick of my current neighborhoods so I reseted them all. So I am currently adding all EP addition stuff (shopping districts, downtown, etc.) so I will be ready if I ever decide to play the pre-made households and after that I am going to make my own hood.

Which makes me come to my question..

Will sims automatically move-in?

I hope they won't. I want to start off with three couples, live their lives (kids, grandkids, etc.) and move in more sims to the neighborhood as needed. But I want them to be MY sims..
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:16 PM
My experience is that a brand new neighborhood, with most of the anti-spawning mods installed, not using one of the pre-made neighborhoods, nets you four hundred sims. Simgaroop has a collection of tutorials about making neighborhoods with a varying level of customization (not including the level I want, alas): http://simgaroop.dreamwidth.org/36499.html
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:34 PM
Okay, then can someone please link me to these files/links?:
NoTownieRegen
AntireDundacy
No Stray Respawn
No SS Respawn
No Dormie Respawn
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:50 PM
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Okay, then can someone please link me to these files/links?:
NoTownieRegen
AntireDundacy
No Stray Respawn
No SS Respawn
No Dormie Respawn
Look at the sticky notes. Marka93 has made a list of all the essential mods and has provided links on where to find them.
Inventor
#6 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:54 PM
Even if that page didn't exist, if you do a search through google you can easily find them.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 7:59 PM
Thank you all.
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 8:00 PM
Here is Pescado's hack directory: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html (warning: consider MATY to be a read-only forum: do not ask questions there. If you have a question about something you read there, ask it anywhere but there).

Here is cyjon's directory: http://cyjon.net/ (there is where I got the one to have one professor of each type)

Here is boiling oil's directory (he has some other things to limit population size): http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=34

for the posters before me: why post, if you're just going to tell a person to google it? that adds nothing to the conversation.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 8:03 PM
Do you mean in the hood generally, or into houses specifically? Those mods limit the number of NPCs Sims that are added to the hood, but they are not placed into houses even without those mods. Sims do not automatically move in houses. You need to move them from the bin into a house, and townies only move in by the player's actions.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 8:56 PM
Yes, this is not an open world. If it's not on your screen, it's not happening. You are playing the game; it is not playing itself and all major decisions, like who lives where, are yours to make.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 9:02 PM
Quote:
Will sims automatically move-in?

Not sure I understand that. All the playables are already in their houses when you load up the reset pre made hoods. There are more than 3 of them. There are also pre mades in houses in Blue Water Village and Downtown. if you don't want pre mades you need to remove the templates or instal clean and empty templates.

Sims you make will show up in the sim bin. You need to decide which house you want them to live in and place them in that house.

Sims can not decide to leave or move in, this is Sims 2-thank Plumb bob.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 9:09 PM
The reason why I asked if the OP meant moving into houses automatically is that in Sims 3, without a Story Progression mod Sim families randomly move in and out. Story Progression mods like Twallan's stops the automatic move out, but the mod will move Sims into a different house if it needs to (the family is too big for the house they are in, the family just had a baby and they need a house with a crib, etc).

Sims 2 is not an open world and Sims do not automatically move anywhere. The player controls all move ins.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 11:11 PM
"the family just had a baby and they need a house with a crib"

This is one of the stupidest things about Story Progression to me. "Oh no, we don't have a crib! Better move house!" Or, you know, you could just BUY one from the CATALOG. Gah. Stupid sims. And it means I end up putting cribs in every house just in case they have an oopsie baby. Stupid.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 11:25 PM
That is why I end up in edit town adding cribs to various houses, and changing anything else that would trigger an inspection fail (A combination of Story Progression and Master Controller "inspects" houses, and if a family doesn't have something they need, they at times get moved, or I catch it in time and change it before they move.)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 11:46 AM
I suppose it's sort of better that they don't buy a crib, I mean how stupid would they be about placing it. You'd end up playing the house to find the crib right next to the stove catching fire or something.

Still, I'm sure they could write some kind of code for it. Find 2x2 space, at least 4 squares from stove, toilet, fireplace, noise-creating items. If no suitable 2x2 space available, THEN move house.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 12:37 PM
I remember playing the interior decorating job and the sims brother wanted her to make over his house and add things for the baby. I arrived to find it was a tiny little swamp shack that was supposed to house him, his wife and new baby daughter. There wasn't even a 2 by 2 space available. So I tossed every item that wasn't essential such as the TV and side table and shoved the crib in one corner. They weren't happy because they had less furniture or something. I was like dude you already had nothing! Now at least your baby has a crib. I guess it was partly my fault as I tossed him out and he was a self employed type and I guess they can't progress? IHe never did anyway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 1:12 PM
I do like the interior decorator job but they can be so picky sometimes!