Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 11:53 PM
Default The Tricous
They're pretty mysterious to me. Their house, their names, and the fact that there is a dead Tricou in TS3 suggests they've been downtown for a very, very long time...

Out of 8, 1 died from old age, 2 to a fire, and the other 5 to starvation. I did some digging, which I will put under a spoiler because it's long.

What do you think? How long have the Tricous been dead? What about the two fire victims? How come so many of them starved?

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 12:39 AM
Wow, soulfire --- that's interesting. I don't play them much since I started playing with Tarlia's cleaned hoods. But the Tricou's are a family that stick in my mind. They were a little weird ; imo.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 12:41 AM
Well, remember too that Jon Smith has the kids who are townies: Kestrel, Orion, Swan, Patrick, Loren, and Tiave, as the game files have them (they get randomized names from your name list like all the other downtownies). And there's also Rainelle Neengia buried at the family home with the kids. Without hacks, doesn't moving graves to a community lot mess up the death type? I think I have a Pescado hack about that, and I always move graves either with Hoodchecker or in inventory, and I'm sure there's a reason why I'm supposed to do it that way (not that I remember it correctly).

Sometimes I like to make the Tricous all vampires.

Given the alien visitors the sim-world is prone to, why couldn't there be satellites in their Victorian era? They just wouldn't belong to the sims . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 1:22 AM
They've obviously been dead for quite a while, despite their relatively modern clothes. I always believe the Tricou are supposed to be vampires, due to the coffins in the basements and the strangeness of their house. In my game, their story is this: they were the highest ranking clan of the vampires, higher than the Grand Vampires even. This is why Kvornan and Kiernan took the Tricou name; it just has more power begin it. However, living among humans, they had to hide their vampirism for fear of persecution. Sometime after Jon died, Gvaudoin accidentally revealed the family secret and the Tricous were forced to hide in their house, The people started a fire to lure them out, which killed the teens. The rest hid out until they ran out of food and starved. After that, the people declared the house cursed and that's why it had no residents. A few decades before the game starts, the truth of the family has become urban legend. Rainelle Neenegia doesn't believe it and moves into the house, only to die of fright because of the spirits of the Tricou. Her mysterious death reignited the urban legend and no one has settled there since out of fear.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 12:10 PM Last edited by maxon : 29th Dec 2014 at 2:34 PM.
Ah yes, I interpreted the family as vampires too and that they had been dead for some time. I resurrected them and they live in Sirencester in the House of Fallen Trees next to the old cemetary (one of my better builds) and just down the road from the undertakers. It gave me a chance to use some of those lovely Victorian skins from All About Style. I wrote a story about it at the time called Tricou Treat which featured two of my then teen sims called Constance Sororah and Alexander Crumplebottom. That was fun - I used to post on usenet. I raised Neengia too but the big eyes annoyed me so much (I dislike anime influences), I raised her as a zombie. The story was she'd come to the house as a maid and been scared to death (picture). I followed up with a story called Tricou Situation as their story developed. The two sisters eventually had two more children: Violette and Saffronelle (I had fun thinking of the names) - a sister each for both Gvaudoin and Fricorith. Anyway, they're still there except Gvaudoin went to university and eventually shacked up with Alex's brother Edward who still runs the sports store and gym in Sirencester (he's going to retire soon). Despite still having a penchant for exotic eye-make up and slightly gothy clothes, she's fairly normal. Fricorith was a moody teenager who became a moody adult who went into the gamer career and does psychadelic drugs. He also escaped his weird family though. The rest still live at home though Violette and Saffronelle are both teenagers now and I have to decide whether they will go to university.

I did copy one of the men to be the downtown grand vampire but I'm thinking I might change that to Count Grundstrom and Madame Blavatsky who were characters in Tricou Situation.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 1:40 PM
Well, Jon can't have been dead any longer than the youngest Tricou bastard's been alive +9. I've left this very mysterious in Drama Acres. Notorious rake and polygamist cult leader Jon Smith Tricou and his entire family (except for the secondary wives who got out in time with their kids) all died under mysterious circumstances. Since the house got too glitchy to play, the latest theory, promoted by his daughter Lora in her biopic, is that the unobtainium contamination in the basement had a deleterious effect on everyone's psyche and this was exacerbated by the cult mentality.

I shallowed the heck out of that basement and nobody ever wandered down there, though since Lora's husband is an eco-guru I did consider putting a cowplant down there. Lora's family is safely moved out now, but they seem to have brought the light effects with them. I've read that there's a way to change that light by getting into the code for the lot, but I don't remember where I read it, much less what you were supposed to do.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 2:01 PM
ooo yes there is and I've forgotten too. The copy of the file I used for the new Little Carping neighbourhood doesn't seem to have the problem, probably because it's a new lot file (or was when placed). I didn't know before that some people can't see down into the basement. I've always been able to (must have always had a good enough graphics card). Jennicor and Jonathon (as he is in the UK game) have their coffins down there. It's a long trek up in the evening though. More fun if Jon does it as a bat and Jennicor 'Blehs' her way up.

I didn't bother with the townie Tricou's (didn't bother with the townies when Little Carping was rebuilt) but that's a great way to account for them. Terminus ante quem indeed.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
They've obviously been dead for quite a while, despite their relatively modern clothes. I always believe the Tricou are supposed to be vampires, due to the coffins in the basements and the strangeness of their house. In my game, their story is this: they were the highest ranking clan of the vampires, higher than the Grand Vampires even. This is why Kvornan and Kiernan took the Tricou name; it just has more power begin it. However, living among humans, they had to hide their vampirism for fear of persecution. Sometime after Jon died, Gvaudoin accidentally revealed the family secret and the Tricous were forced to hide in their house, The people started a fire to lure them out, which killed the teens. The rest hid out until they ran out of food and starved. After that, the people declared the house cursed and that's why it had no residents. A few decades before the game starts, the truth of the family has become urban legend. Rainelle Neenegia doesn't believe it and moves into the house, only to die of fright because of the spirits of the Tricou. Her mysterious death reignited the urban legend and no one has settled there since out of fear.

ooo I love that theory.

In the megahood I'm using, the illegitimate children didn't come with it, so I recreated Orion Teens in CAS. The story behind it is that Jonathan Tricou's ghost impregnated any women to pass by his gravestone. Those women gave their children to orphanages and after they were too old to live there, the teens just wondered around aimlessly around downtown. Orion knew of his ancestry and after he went to University, and moved into the house of fallen trees and decided he was the heir. He married Juliette Capp because she was from a rich family, and they have 1 son together named Oxford Capp, and 1 step-child named Philip Capp - his father is Romeo Monty, which is why Juliette was arranged to marry Orion.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 3:26 PM
I love love love the Tricous. They're pretty much my favourite family along with the Curious' and the Specter-Nigmos'.

My theory is that only Gvaudoin and Fricorith were vampires among the family, since I've always taken it they all lived together in the HoFT and there are only two coffins there, and since the two are unique in having fire deaths. Perhaps they didn't die in 'fire' technically, but rather burned to death from sun exposure (especially when you note that vampires can't die from starvation, so that kind of rules out the others being vampires - at least at their time of death).

I think the teens were buried at home rather than in the cemetery was because the remaining family members feared their graves would be desecrated or destroyed if they'd been moved to a public graveyard, due to public fascination or stigma at the time.

My theory about Jon Smith is that he applied to adopt the downtownie teens shortly before his death, but since he died during the adoption process it was never legally recognised. That's why they all have him listed as their father, while him and the rest of his biological family have no knowledge of them (the one-way family tree is too odd - seriously, all the other deadbeat dads in-game at least remember their illegitimate children ). Also why the teens don't seem to resemble each other, or Jon himself. I still have no idea why he wanted to adopt them though, if they're of any significance or if he had a plan for them.

And slightly off-topic, they have amazing genes! I don't know how many of you bred the Tricou adults again after resurrecting them, but they make gorgeous children.
After I resurrected them, Jennail and Kvornan had twin girls Brynja (left, in blue) and Hortense. The only unfortunate thing is that teenage Brynja has developed a crush on Tommy Ottomas D: he doesn't look too bad compared to his siblings, but we've all seen what those genes produce...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 11:58 PM
Default my theory kind of matches the OP a bit -
Now if you see there, the death types and the timeline of the sims games and what era -

I’m a massive fan of interview with the vampire, and vampires in general. I’ve always assumed the Tricou family to be vampires despite them not being as such when resurrected [wth?]

I’ve always thought the Tricou to live in LA like Louis, Lestat + Claudia did, in The House of Fallen trees around the same time vampires “existed”, for me it’s 1792. So uh, Yea they’ve been dead for quite sometime. Agreeing with that first post there were no satellites [again, wth???] So like the OP I also set the death to fire since that was very much so a thing that also occurred in my book. (Forewarning, I must have read Anne Rice’s books a billion times. My mom even took me to get them signed by her! So mostly everything I’ve got about the Tricou family despite their last name being Romanian in origin but is easily confused and considered to be French…which is most of LA; a lot of my theory is going to match that of Interview a bit.)

Like Louis + Lestat they had money, Jennicor and Jon. Jennicor obtained it about the same too. As for their offspring who were born (and turned their spouses) took on Jennicor’s vampirism as opposed to being turned like Claudia was (and therefore bringing Armand and his “buddies” to attention…) applies to the 3rd generation, Fricorith + Gvaudoin.

Note: Jon’s other children are not mentioned because the timeline to me doesn’t add up from 1792 Louisiana to have children in modern day downtown in which they are roaming around somewhere with game generated names. They are basically irrelevant in my game.

Death:
Now, Jennicor, Jon, Gvaudoin, Fricorith, Jennail + Kvornan are away from the home leaving Nylissit + Kiernan there. My theory is they were found out about being vampires killing people off for feeding and the like, were burned.

Upon returning to the home they’ve perished entirely. What was left was brought to the cemetery near the house. As it stands:

Jennicor
Jon
Jennail
Kvornan
Gvaudoin
Fricorith
Nylissit - R.I.P/Fire
Kiernan - R.I.P/Fire
Over the years they became more careful, assuring the people they’re not vampires and it was a freak accident, no one will hear from them anymore.

In effort to be more careful they had to share while the blood was still warm as cold can kill a vampire. This…caused some issues between Jennicor, Kvornan, Jennail and the kids naturally. Jennicor in all her efforts and love for her family (Jon was able to continue eating normally as he’s mortal, he turned down the opportunity like Louis should have basically.)

Jennicor…eventually starved herself to death by giving her share of the blood to her Jennail, Kvornan + grandkids instead. She was moved to the same cemetery as Nylissit + Kiernan. The kids had decided it’d be easier to leave entirely instead of risking getting caught again since they were bound to be found out picking people off in effort to not be caught. They left in the middle of the night unnoticed and went their separate ways to avoid being traced back.

Distraught about losing their niece and son, Kvornan + Jennail efforts strong still were careful about picking off…until it was too difficult and tried to make for a new town but ended up starving on the way. They were found later by Jon who was out gathering supplies…they were transported to be with the rest of the family.

Score card:

Jennicor - RIP/Starvation
Jon
Jennail - RIP/Starvation
Kvornan - RIP/Starvation
Nylissit - RIP/Fire
Kiernan - RIP/Fire
Gvaudoin - MIA
Fricorith - MIA
About a decade goes by, Gvaudoin returns to check in on things as they left w/o warning. She discovers Jon, her grandfather, has passed away of old age in the time she and Fricorith had run away. But she didn’t find him at the house, she only found out by asking everyone in town that could even recall his name. At least he was buried by Jennicor. Gvaudoin wrote a letter to Fricorith knowing he’d show up sooner or later, stating what had happened and hoping to hear back next time she’s in town.

As suspected Fricorith does come back…and he stays…Gvaudoin..however did not make it out of town that night. She wasn’t up to times on what had happened since she’d originally left. People were more paranoid and quick to kill on site…She got hungry…had to eat and tried to pick off royalty so she could travel farther…ended up burned to death and buried in the backyard at The House of Fallen Trees.

Jennicor - RIP/Starvation, Gothier Greens
Jon - RIP/Old age, Gothier Greens
Jennail - RIP/Starvation, Gothier Greens
Kvornan - RIP/Starvation, Gothier Greens
Nylissit - RIP/Fire, Gothier Greens
Kiernan - RIP/Fire, Gothier Greens
Gvaudoin - RIP/Fire, House of Fallen Trees
Fricorith - MIA
He sold all the furniture he could to get whatever money under a different name so no one would suspect him as the vampire he is…sharing the Tricou name. He had to get out alive and get far far far away.

Decades and decades pass…, its 2005 and young (technically old as fuck) Fricorith had made peace for himself after fighting the possibility of being caught and burned. He now resides in the busy suburb of Moonlight Falls. Where he lived with a pretty young girl and a dog. No kids and plenty of food…He mostly took the elderly and terminally ill. His partner worked in a hospital and would scout for him and let him in after hours to feed. She didn’t really know much of him, he changed his last name to Smith…forgetting the Tricou bit entirely.

She got curious…a bit too curious and did some research while he was away from home. Thinking to herself, “Fricorith is quite a strange name.” Asked around, spent hours at the libraries and researching names, origins…even towns…

Fricorith returned to his home to spend time with her…to find she’d gone…packed all her things and took the dog. There was a note, “I know what you are monster. Don’t come looking.” And with that, the house went ablaze with him inside! He went peacefully…thinking to himself and being thankful to have gotten this far, met her and not angrily or bitterly…missed his family but they’d be reunited soon.

She found everything. “Tricou family are MONSTERS!" "Tricou in for the kill, watch your chickens!" "Tricou children are suspicious" "Tricou family burned and buried!" She was mortified…she KNEW what he was but was told the tales of his family as scare stories around Halloween! The trust was gone…his name wasn’t Fricorith Smith…for in fact it is Fricorith Tricou!

Fricorith - RIP/Fire, Moonlight Falls
He said his last goodbyes whether or not the townsfolk could hear him over the flames. It was over…

After he’d passed and the blaze faded…there was a historical fan in the crowd that night…he’d plead his case to the coroner demanding “This Tricou child must be reunited with his family in Louisiana at once! He must not be buried in Moonlight Falls at all costs!" Plead and plead and plead til the coroner and had enough he angrily made arrangements because transportation of this sort was expensive and time consuming but he wanted this obsessed historian to quit pestering him.

Fricorith Tricou was further buried next to his cousin at The House of Fallen Trees (because I’m a TS2 player and that is where I resurrected him from).

Fricorith - RIP/Fire, House of Fallen Trees

That’s my stupid theory because I look a good backstory and vampires. The Tricou family as soon as I resurrected them turned them in to vampires as they should have already been.

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay