Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#326 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 5:36 PM
Oh, it's definitely corrupt! But all the base game hoods ship corrupted. Play it till it explodes and get a cleaned-up version next time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#327 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:15 PM
For what it matters, if you're attached to your Sims (born in game or CAS), extract their appearances with SimPE and make note of their personality somewhere. You can re-create them then when your hood goes boom.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#328 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 8:41 PM
Apparently, it is normal..according to this :
scroll down until you see Life leading up to the sims 2.
They actually talk about finding her fingerprints.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Bella_Goth
And here...
https://www.destructoid.com/blogs/T...gs-278931.phtml
Once more..
http://aminoapps.com/page/sims/9477...-examinations-1
The list goes on.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#329 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 10:57 PM
Nope. They're gone, except for bits and pieces of information like Bella's family tree, which is what causes corruption when sims are deleted. This information, and the sim references that the career reward pick up, and other bits and pieces, are like loose wires hanging around after you rip an outlet out of the wall. They're still able to hook up with new information, and this can have weird results. For example, Cassandra's ID number was deleted, which left the game free to reuse the number - it doesn't keep track of ID numbers that have been used, only of those currently in the game. So the number could be assigned to a new sim, which could be a cat or a CAS elder or a newborn, and all the information still hanging around waiting to reference her ID number will hook up with it, so you'd get something like a cat who thinks it's Cassandra. And replacing your objects package won't do a thing about it - this is neighborhood corruption, not game corruption. Your game software is fine, but your Pleasantview is living on borrowed time. Read the sticky thread about corruption and good game hygiene, and you'll be better prepared.

The developers gave Bella a Death Token without actually killing her, which accounts for her Around-but-not-Really status. If you want to play with Bella, her family, and your current sims, you'll need to do some extracting - either of the Goths, if they're the only ones you want, or of your own sims, if you decide to move them into a new Pleasantview and play with all the premades.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#330 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 11:18 PM
In short, finding her fingerprints in a shipped Hood is normal, as the shipped 'Hoods are shipped already corrupted. You deleted some sims and this is a very bad thing to do, but it was already broken, so don't feel bad.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#331 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cinziamilo
Thank you!
Then she came back to life. If I knew that it was that easy, I would never have deleted her family.

deleting sims corrupts the neighbourhood. Never delete sims, alive or dead. If you really like playing this hood I would make a backup and run hood checker and let it clean up what it can.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#332 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 12:58 AM
No, not just that. There's a decent chance that some of the shredded pieces of deleted Sims can get attached to newly-created Sims and result in weird things such as wanting to go on dates with toddlers or dogs.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#333 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Well now you do know. And some hoods have been known to last a rather long time even after corruption.

I had one last 7 years. My computer died first.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#334 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cinziamilo
Thanx, that's useful too. For now my game doesn't have any problems tho. Maybe because my current Sims didn't know the deleted ones. I read that only if they chat/gossip about the deleted ones the game could get errors.

You may not see the issues, but it is corrupted with data now being misread. Corruption only gets worse, it won't fix itself. Gradually or quickly, this is mostly the luck, the misread data amounts until either your sims or hood will vanish/stop loading. It doesn't matter about knowing other sims; as soon as you make a sim and place it in the sim bin from CAS that sim has a character file and if you delete them it shreds their data because the game does not properly delete them. If you make backups and use Hood checker often it may keep going for a long while. Some people like DezzyBoo get lucky, others find their hood going up in a fiery ball after one week.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#335 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 1:48 AM
When my old hood corrupted (a bunch of character files ended up shredded due to a saving mishap), I couldn't even get it to load. It stalled and froze on the loading screen.

Mad Poster
#336 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 3:36 PM
Don't frown at luck! You've got your sims safe (don't forget to make notes on their personalities and anything else you consider important), so have yourself a ball till you can't anymore. You'll be more careful next time you start a hood.

Mad Poster
#337 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:57 PM
After 10 years since this thread started it is still going strong.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#338 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:01 AM
Maybe the main reason why they made a Bella Goth into strange town... I am sure they wanted us to let her have a new family Maybe Mortimer Number #2 in strange town and Alexander Jr and Cassandra And Maybe Alien Don Or Maybe they wanted us to make her a man so she can have her new life Maybe things were not working out for Mortimer and Bella because of Don wanted Bella and not Cassie so he used Cassandra to get to Bella but since Bella told him no Most likey Don Asked Dina to get rid of Bella before she told Cassandra before her wedding day! .. Since Don can't have Bella he went for her Daughter. and Dina and Nina Most likely planned the aliens to take away Bella so also Dina could also have Bella's Husband Mortimer since she already had her Brother so she wanted more Money since Bella's Brother had nothing. The plan most likely was to get the Manor!
Alchemist
#339 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 10:05 PM
Pleasantview's Bella; plan to eventually reunite with Mortimer after wedding another sim.
Strangetown's Bella; might pair with a pregnancy-produced alien.
Mad Poster
#340 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 2:03 AM
I wonder why cinziamilo deleted all her post in every thread but for 2 help thread from 2012?

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Top Secret Researcher
#341 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:52 AM
She hasn't been here since January. Something might have happened, but eh, did not know the gal.
Page 14 of 14