Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Thanos : 5th Mar 2017 at 12:36 AM. Reason: clarify that this is solved
Default (solved) Make burglar appear (it's not a teleporter question)
I have started a new neighbourhood, customizing absolutely everything sim in it (including the NPCs, except for those that would be unsafe to modify, I already know that part). I created a single sim for a testing lot, where I make every NPC appear and then modify him/her with several hacks around suck as insimenator, teleporters, etc. But I don't know what to do about the burglar. I know that, some random night, it would be generated for the burglar scenario (shows up in the lot, build and buy modes are disabled, my sim call the police, etc.); but I would like to customize the burglar before playing actual families. The burglar is not around yet, because the game has not generated it yet, so the usual ways to customize a sim are useless at this point. Is there a way, with some cheat, hacked object or whatever, to "force" the game to make the burglar show up? Meaning, not a teleporter, but starting the burglar scenario.

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 8:58 PM
Yes. Testingcheats on, shift-click on the mailbox, I think it's an option there.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:19 PM
testingcheatsenabled true Control click mail box, NPC, then burglar,

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:24 AM
That doesn't seem to work. I click that, wait the whole night, and nothing happens.

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:40 AM
So no mods that would stop him/her showing? There is a PCSims police set on the Graveyard that has a stick that summons one, but it would work from the same principle as the cheat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 2:17 PM
Wouldn't the mailbox just create the NPC? Or is there a separate option to start a burglar scenario?

If it creates the burglar, you could just summon him to the lot with a teleporter and do the makeover. It doesn't have to be during the burglar scenario, does it?
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:40 AM
Here you can get a buglar scheduler http://simsky.parsimonious.org/ensimsky.php
Go to TS2 Objects and scroll down
So you can make a buglar appear. Maybe it helps...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 5:41 AM
How about just exporting the burglar(s) to your SavedSims folder and then edit with BodyShop?..Why going through so much trouble trying to make him/her appear, when there is SimPE & its useful AltSimSurgery (plugin) function?
Any edits can then be made without any sim having to meet them first.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 12:35 AM
The buglar scheduler was what I needed, the thief showed up fine. Thanks!