Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#176 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 10:27 PM
And here are some pictures of my challenge family

Here is the father, Saku. He looks like a happy "customer", don't you think?

flying home for the first time

Soon the first son, Santeri was born.

So cute

And here is toddler-Santeri

More pics later

If you are wondering, I'm using custom skintone (default replacement) by Lucia Carlota in MTS2 (here ).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:09 AM
I just started this this morning, because it sounds like a funny challenge! I will be using boolprop to get the guy abducted.

I will keep you informed!
Field Researcher
#178 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 9:37 PM
Just starting this challenge!

So far, I have got the father abducted and pregnant. I'll post pictures soon.
Forum Resident
#179 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 12:05 AM
Great pics! I really loved the Nanny ones.
Test Subject
#180 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 9:25 PM
This challenge is wonderful. I have been reading this thread for a bit and I decided to take a stab at this challenge. I started it, and have been working on it off and on this past week. Funny as all heck. Will have pics to post soon.
Field Researcher
#181 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 1:08 AM
ok, like totally late, but Maranatah - lol's, that's great, sorry the nanny getting abducting herself amuses me.

and to TrillianRikku I hope u have better luck than last time...

and did SL just like fall off the face of the planet? idk, what do u guys think of the sending him through college first idea?
Test Subject
#182 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:04 PM
Hmmm....I may start this challenge as soon as I have enough time xD Anywayz, sounds interesting...good work :P
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 7:15 AM
This looks really fun. I'm a softie for aliens. :D
Field Researcher
#184 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 10:33 PM
I've been playing out this challenge and my male sim just gave birth to twins who looked exactly like him - same eyes, hair and skin. It was really weird. Especially when you look at the family tree and see that the 'father' of the twins is a really creepy looking alien.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Test Subject
#185 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:07 PM
I finally got around to doing this one! My pics;

And here is our Mommy/Daddy to be, Howell Jenkins (anyone who gets that is my new best friend).

No idea how to turn off the abduction cutscene, or take pictures of it, (anyone care to explain?), but you can guess what happened 3 days prior...

Okay. I started out with twins, and for some reason they're identical (even though one's a girl and one's a boy). Anyway, here's the first son, Maddock! That's a Welsh name. All these kids are going to have Welsh names.

Here's Maddock's twin sister, Lunet. I think. It's kinda hard to tell who's who.

Why, hello Bella! Nice that you've come to visit. You know, they tell the strangest stories about you in Pleasantville...

The twins were decent as infants, but now here's Maddock entering his terrible Toddler years.

Oh yeah, did I mention he has one Sloppy/Neat point? And one Grouchy/Nice point? Everything else is maxed or close to maxed. He's going to be fun.

And there's Lunet. I hate to say this, but she's probably the ugliest Sim I've ever seen! But she's cute...from the back...

Here's our third little spawn! Finally; a green alien! He's a cutie named Broderick. And a lot easier to care for than his siblings.

Howell practically lives on espresso lately.

The toddlers are almost kids, and Broderick is almost a toddler, and there's one on the way, so I'll be back later. (Such a fun challenge!)

~“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.”

-Winston Churchill
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 2:20 AM
Hi! I found this challenge as I was suffering from a bad case of insomnia last night and thought I'd give it a try. I have been playing TS3 since early June but thought that this challenge sounded like fun. I've spent hours DLing skins, etc for my aliens....now to just get started. I realized as I was working through all the CC today how much I had missed it. I really like TS3, but the possibilities are so much greater with TS2 at this point.

Now to get started...
Thanks for the great idea and the super stories I've read.
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:28 AM
OH NO!
I am only pregnant with baby 2 and my sims needs have tanked. Boy, do need maxmotives! He's sleeping now. Maybe he'll survive. I am not sure, though, his fun will ever come out of the red.
Test Subject
#188 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:56 AM
Wooh! Got a lot to show;

There was one day where everyone refused to be potty trained. There were a lot of hygiene failures that day...

Maddock turned kid! *adores the duckie PJ's*

I was stupid and forgot to take a pic of kid Lunet...so, here she is with toddler Broderick (who has his daddy's hair. Awww.)! Such a cute pic...

I'm not really playing for points (I might), but I got the pic anyway x3

New baby Gwendolyn! She's a toddler now, (again; no pics yet), and I am SO glad to finally have a kid who has a lot of NEAT points! I got really sick of the other three leaving puddles, plates, scarfing their food disgustingly (though they finished quickly) and sniveling whenever I asked them to clean! So, she might end up being my favorite. And Howells. And the nanny, for that matter.

Shortly after Gwen toddler'd, we got new baby Baeddan! None with alien eyes yet. I'm a little dissapointed...

I'll leave you with some funnies;

Pengu: I HAVE CONQUERED!

Ah, here comes the nanny in her horse-and-carriage. What, yours doesn't?

Everyone in Strangetown has a strange obsession with stealing my newspaper. Especially...

...the nanny. I've caught her like, three times already. The kids aren't that bad.

Here, we discussed why they don't have a mommy...or another daddy, I guess. (You can see kid Broderick).

~“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.”

-Winston Churchill
Instructor
#189 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:30 PM
My Sim (Paul Xenophilia) is doing fine so far and started of with a set of twins (work, nothing but work). Since his eldest daughter Andromeda turned into a child he has at least a little much needed help.

Two questions have arisen so far.

Question 1:

really no aspiration reward objects? What about the little green learning bottles for the kids which give them the nice glow and the even nicer learning abilities. Similar for the Thinking Helmet: it's a bitch for my poor over-worked father to develop any abilities without it.

Even worse: all the aspiration points he's collecting are just lying around and collecting dust. He's far beyond the 30 000 he needs for his one Elixier of Life.

Question 2:

Not entirely sure about money cheats. I'm allowed 70 000 up front, or 50 000 up front (= one motherlode) and then 1000 each day? Or just the 20 000 daddy Sim starts with and then 1000 each day?
Instructor
#190 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrillianRikku

Meet Alexander Drinkman
Virgo
Family/Knowlage
LTW: have 6 gandkids
just your normal working class joe trying to get by and perhaps find love along the way.

Yay, your Alexander looks handsome! Best of luck to him.
Test Subject
#191 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 11:01 AM Last edited by Talia247 : 3rd Oct 2009 at 9:18 PM.
This looks awesome!! 2 questions though:

1. How does the dice roll thing work? Is it that every aspiration has a number on the dice and then u roll it and the number is the aspiration? Do you allot the numbers to the aspirations yourself?

2. Can I rather than post pics here, make a story on the exchange and post a link here?

If these questions sound stupid....WELL KILL ME FOR BEING NEW!!

***If you've never posed for a fake picture in a mirror, you need a life.***
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:54 AM
No spamming the thread for me, but here is the tag to my challenge. It sorta turned into a story. >.>

http://simsforaranya.livejournal.co...story:+seahorse
Instructor
#193 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 7:01 PM
I made a little house with a fruit orchard, a greenhouse, and a fishpond, so on his good days mom/dad Zeno and the little ones can fish or farm for food. Firstborn Anise had her gold Gardening badge before she was a teenager (I don't know what I'll do when she's gone), and Parsley and Zeno both have silver Fishing badges and can catch enough that not only is there always fish on the table, there's enough to sell, too!

Zeno's currently preggers with his seventh, after which he'll get a short respite until Anise ages and moves out-- I'm playing with the "Pollination Tech loves his job" handicap, so up you go again!

ETA: Talia, the challenge STATES that rolling for aspirations works the same way as the Legacy Challenge, so go look at the aspiration chart for the Legacy Challenge! "New" is one thing, "didn't read the instructions" is another!

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#194 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 10:30 PM
:)
Well. This is my very first post and challange . and i think its a cool idea. ive just started and daddies called ross ledger and he has an unusually large nose.
i have a question-what house are you yousing for them??
thanks
Instructor
#195 Old 24th May 2010 at 1:57 AM
Well, my INTENTION was to play with the "Techie Loves His Job" restriction, but apparently my telescope's borked due to a new stuff pack, and Zeno didn't have enough Lifetime Aspiration points to get "look for aliens". Bah.

I had Seasons/Free Time installed, so I gave my family a fishpond, an orchard, and a greenhouse. Naturally, everybody in the household has at least bronze badges in both Fishing and Gardening at this point. It's helped a lot with the money-making, and with keeping food in the fridge.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 29th May 2010 at 2:58 AM
I'm trying this and having fun. (Though I'm not keeping score. If I was, I would probably be way in the negatives considering how many hygiene failures the toddlers went through. No time to teach toddler skills because I'm struggling just to keep them fed and Dad alive.) Four babies so far, and #5 is on the way. Eldest is a child, due to be a teen in a couple of days.
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 1:53 AM
Technically I failed, because I didn't manage to get the 7th kid. I got up to six, then I just ran out of time. There were four girls and two boys born. Three are now teenagers, with two children and one toddler. I've had fun, and I intend to continue playing until all the kids are grown. If nothing else, it broke my previous block of never getting kids out of childhood.
Scholar
#198 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:15 AM
I had been thinking about trying this challenge for awhile as I've never done anything with aliens and it sounded fun. I started today and holy crap is it kicking my butt! My poor Sim is currently pregnant with his 3rd child with the first just aging to child and the second to toddler today. I have to admit I broke down and had to call the repairman prior to the 3rd abduction. Everything in the house was broken all the toilets were backed up and when the final non-broken sink in the kitchen blew I gave in. Meanwhile my Sim was passed out on the lawn after being tossed out of the spaceship and his hunger level was dangerously low. Yeah so didn't even make it to 3 kids before I had to cheat a bit.

Still I only got the stuff fixed and he still has to try to clean up the mess. Fortunately for him both of the first born have 10 clean points, so once they age it might be more manageable. Lot's of fun and the kids are actually cute seems I chose a winner of a Polly tech replacement. I have been taking some pictures but I have to figure out how to actually post them as something other than tiny little screenshots. Anyway I have throughly enjoyed reading everyone else's stories and I'm really going to try to play the rest of it out.
Test Subject
#199 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 2:43 AM
Sooo annoying!
Quote: Originally posted by alwayskatharine_SC
I've only tried boolProp, but I'm having trouble getting mine abducted as well. When I shift click and select 'get abducted', he leans into the telescope as if he's going to look at something, and then he's automatically bounced back into a standing position. I though maybe I needed a patch, but it seems I'm all up to date... it's very frustrating. I've had people abducted through boolProp before- why not now?! Sigh.

Im on my brothers account trying to do this challenge and the same thing is happening to me! Im beginning to think of just pretending that he got abducted and then using the tombstone of L and D *Summoned via boolprop cheat* to alien impregnate him. I would really like to get him truely abducted though so if anybody knows how to solve this then please
Scholar
#200 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 7:02 PM
This is my first attempt to load photo's. I haven't a clue what I'm doing so bear with me if this totally doesn't work.

Hopefully this is a few shots of my challenge family.

Meet the Azimov's.

Felix enjoying a beverage.

The first night.

First birth, he never did get that gardening finished.

Meet Baby Orion.

Orion as a toddler, learning to be charming.

Meet Baby Sirius, now that's a cute baby.

If this works I've got more to post at a later time.
Page 8 of 10