Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 2:45 PM
Using my own videos on TV doesn't work
I'm sure plenty other people had this issue already, I just searched through forums and I can't seem to find anything on why it's not working.

So, I know that the videos you put in Docs -> EA Games -> Movies -> Broadcast -> whichever folder you want, have to be:
  • 128x128px
    15 frames per sec
    .AVI extension

Done all these requirements when I edited the video to put it in the folder. It's a 10 seconds video, so it's not that long or big.
I used the same program I used in the past, Prism Video Converter (just that the free trial this time) - all the times in the past, it used to work, if I recall correctly.

For some reason, after I put the video in the folder and opened up the game, I can keep a TV opened as long as I wish on the certain channel, my video won't come up. It's just the normal channel with commercials and whatever.

What should I do?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 11:49 PM
Perhaps you have to compress your video it to a codec the game can decompress, such as DivX, Xvid, VP60, etc.

If the video is uncompressed, perhaps the game doesn't play it.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Perhaps you have to compress your video it to a codec the game can decompress, such as DivX, Xvid, VP60, etc.

If the video is uncompressed, perhaps the game doesn't play it.

Hmm, I must have missed that one. Thanks!
I tried the VP60 format and it works.