Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 1:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Constant flickering everywhere
first: i'm not sure what to choose "guided mode" or "enhanced mode", i'm very sorry if I chose the wrong one! and i'm sorry if some of the sims-words i use isn't the right one in english, but i play the game in danish.

I recently installed all of the sims 2 games on my computer. I haven't played it for years, and last time it was on a windows vista. Now I have windows 10.

What happens is that no matter what mode in the game I'm in (neighborhood view, building, regular playing and so on) there's this constant glitch, where everthing is flickering! it's very frustrating, and i'm very photosensitive so i feel ill after playing the game for a short while. it doesn't flicker so much when i don't move the screen at all.

i found this video, where someone is having the same problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve4uo_ox4w8

i've searched everywhere for answers, and i have tried everything. the only thing i haven't tried, which is something that everyone seems to recommend, is following some tutorial from a tumblr post. but every link i find to that tumblr post, is a link to a post that have been deleted.

does anyone know how to fix this? or do anyone have the tutorial from the deleted tumblr post?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 5:36 PM
There's a fix described right there in the comments of that UTube page.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc