Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 7:03 AM
do mods get added to every users game on my computer
if i download a mod with the user bob is it on user jacks game? By user i mean when u first turn your computer on and it shows a screen of users to select
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 8:00 AM
If you're talking about package files that are stored in the EA documents folder, those packages will only be available to the user who "owns" that documents folder. So, no, it will not be available to all users just because it's in one of the users documents/mod/packages folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 8:58 AM
thanks eskie227
Theorist
#4 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 4:13 PM
You can set it up so packages go in the Program Files folder and then all users will have access to them.

Resident wet blanket.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 5:55 PM Last edited by Belzader : 22nd Jun 2012 at 6:13 PM.
To have mods availible for all users on computer one can use mklink, (which is basicly a virtual shortcut to another folder on computer) to only have them in one place.
Which might be what previous poster ment, using that it doesn't matter where the folder it links to is but the link have to be in every users The Sims 3 folder.
Theorist
#6 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 8:29 PM
Not exactly, although mklink does work great for things like this. Originally when people started using .package file mods, there was a framework you could download that would configure TS3 to put your user-created .package files in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages or something like that. I never changed to putting user-created mods in the Documents folder because I liked them better in the original Program Files location and no need to have to create junctions in every user's save game folder.

Although using mklink to create junctions is still necessary if you want to share one single copy of store items or things downloaded from other sites that are in .sims3pack format.

Resident wet blanket.