Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 7:33 PM
Default My Female Sim Couple Tried For Baby and it Worked?
I made a new save file yesterday, with my ladies, Allegra and Elisa, and they got married. Of course, they got the wish to WooHoo with each other for the first time, and I complied with their wishes. But, when I went to click 'WooHoo', I noticed that they had the 'Try for Baby' option. Curious, I had them try for a baby the next sim day, and it worked! Elisa got pregnant and they ended up having triplets, Alice, Cooper, and Frankie. I was confused, however, because I do not have a pregnancy script mod on this computer, (I do on my other computer.) and I did not think that I could do that without a mod. Can someone explain?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Or maybe you have NRAAS or Awesomemod they can do that i think.

Woohooer specifically on the NRAAS front. Looks like Same-sex try for baby defaults to on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:36 PM
Well, I thought it was the NRAAS mod at first, but the only NRAAS mod I have on this computer is the careers one, and I don't have any pregnancy mods at all, I checked. It must have been a glitch then. Elisa got the wish for the "father" to read a pregnancy book, I thought that was pretty funny.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:33 PM
Yup the Sims games are pretty glitchy (they are made by EA...) so technically anything can happen.

I never got babies from gay couples before- usually they adopted, though... (but i once will have the Woohooer mod... i also heard that NRAAS mods can make a teen and an adult move in together or even two teens. Or somesuch. But i never had it much because i drooled on my keyboard while thinking too much about Pokèmon and so i had to reset back and reinstall everything. But my dad will give me the Generations, Supernatural, and Showtime EP packs once i get to stay calm\mature enough...)

And "father" might just mean "other parent" in this case. Also what if it's one of these glitchy Ottomasian pregnancies in which Elisa's triplets' father can be anyone from Arlo Bunch to Nida Khan to Lane Clementson to Bobby the Stray Dog to the Grim Reaper to Xerop Ptujik the Alien to Genie Midlock to Layla Lufti to Emit Relevart to Jordi the Simbot to X0R-B4-B0T the Plumbot to Gwen Glover and anyone in between?

It could be, but would that person then be listed as their parent in their family tree?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 4:00 AM
It is in the case of the unborn Ottomasian twins, so i guess it would be the same for that. Have you tried to put a family with a pregnancy in the bin, and then moving them to another neighboorhood? Like moving the Keatons to Twinbrook and Justine's son is not Marty's but Amy Bull's or Shark Racket's!

I would, but Allegra and Elisa have since died and I am now playing as their son and his wife. If it happens again with anyone, I will try that.

future paleontologist
montana state university
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 7:09 PM
In the family tree, Allegra and Elisa are the only parents there, so it seems like it was just a glitch.

future paleontologist
montana state university