Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Helpppp
In my sims 3 game i have downloaded Skintones, one hair and a few clothing. and they didnt show up! Please someone help me and tell me how to get them to show up! I also downloaded the Inteen from Sexysims2.com and NONE of the CC has gone in, I've become VERY VERY aggervated with this sim 3 game! If someone can help me it will be a blessing!

Thank you
-Toni

*~SMiiLEYy~*
*~La Toya Jackson is my idol!~*
"Makin' Love Under The Palm Trees"-La Toya Jackson
*~R.I.P. Michael Jackson~*
"is Moonwalking across the clouds with James Brown" - Me
*~Toni Marie~*
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:29 PM
Click on the Help dropdown at the top of the page. Then "Sims 3" and then "Installing .package files" - read that and do what it says. Strongly recommended is the helper monkey linked on that page.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:30 PM
Another problem im haveing is, my game wont load, it comes to the main THE SIMS 3 and then it just does nothing???

*~SMiiLEYy~*
*~La Toya Jackson is my idol!~*
"Makin' Love Under The Palm Trees"-La Toya Jackson
*~R.I.P. Michael Jackson~*
"is Moonwalking across the clouds with James Brown" - Me
*~Toni Marie~*
Site Helper
#4 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:36 PM
Does your problem look like this:

If so this is a problem inside of the game code. There's no solution at this time, but you can try deleting your cache files and then starting the game again.

Pescado has written a small program which will just loop, deleting your cache and restarting your game as long as it crashes. You don't need to use this, but I find it easier than doing it manually each time:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15585.0.html
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:47 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 15th Jul 2009 at 5:27 PM. Reason: Made it into a FAQ - changing link
It sounds more like they have a freeze when loading than a 2-ray crash. If it -is- a 2-ray crash (unfixable versions of which are extremely rare - most people have them due to something that CAN be fixed) then brute forcing it without addressing the issue really isn't going to help.

Try these steps here first: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Loading_Crashes

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM
Mootilda,

The 3booter does nothing in the following situations:
- Downloaded a mod that is not compatible with the patch
- Downloaded a mod that is compatible with the patch but you haven't patched yet
- Corrupted save games

So, really, just stating it as the solution to every single "crash" problem is not helping, when there is absolutely no troubleshooting and no examination of the issue at hand.

In future, I would prefer you do not link to the 3booter program unless extensive troubleshooting of the issue has been done first becuase, in all honesty, it's really a last resort.

Thank you.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.