Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 5:30 PM
Default Homeworld opportunity does not register
The problem is: I'm playing a thief and I have the following homeworld opportunities:

1. opportunity to go to France and deliver a package.
2. opportunity to go to Egypt and jog for a few hours.

Problem is, every time I go, the game doesn't realize that I traveled.

I'm playing Pets with patch level 1.29 and yes, the mods are all up-to-date.
I'm using Twallan's traveler mod, master controller, story progression, and overwatch, and a lot of other ones that I think don't apply to this.

I happens when I save to a new file before traveling, when I save to the same file, and it also happens when I don't save before I travel; I tried all options.

Is that a traveler mod issue perhaps? Or a general cc issue?

Thanks for any pointers.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:08 AM
I have the same problem. I think it may be a traveller mod issue. I have removed the mod, and will try again, and let you know how I get one.
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 2:14 AM
I quit the game without saving, so that my sim was still in Twinbrooks. Then I removed the traveller mod, and restarted the game. Then I sent my sim to China, and he had the option to deliver the package. He delivered it, and was told he was to be commended. So now he just has to return home again to complete the opportunity.

What I think I will do from now, is play without the traveller mod. And just put it in if I need it to play out my stories.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 2:16 AM
Thanks for testing! Now I just have to remember to take out the mod next time the opportunity comes up.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:04 AM
You might want to mention this on Twallan's forums... if he's not already aware of it, that might be a Traveller bug that he can fix.
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:14 AM
Twallan updates his mods all the time as well. Sometimes a glitch won't exist in several versions, then it crops up in one version and then it vanishes in the next version. So if you mention it, he may mention why it may be happening or how you can fix it. Or a new version of Traveller will suddenly appear. Or if your version is more than a week old, you might as well check for a new version. With Twallan, you could already be 3 or 4 versions behind by now.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 6:09 PM
It's possible that it's happening, because I'm playing an older version (1.29 patch level).

Although sheridanhoughton didn't say which version s/he uses. Since I'm not planning on updating my patch level until Seasons is out, it might have to wait anyway. Still, it's probably worth mentioning. Thanks for the input!
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:17 AM
I am completely patched, and I check twallan's site most days to see if there are any updates, so I am pretty sure I am on the most current version. So it isn't because of playing an older version.

the thing with traveller is that it changes the way the holiday destinations behave - i.e. sims can now decide to live in them, and we can play them as our base town. So it is understandable that it might muck up the overseas opportunities.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 1:17 AM
I figured as much.

I have been contemplating taking it out anyway, since I don't really use custom worlds as vacation worlds (Jericho is too nice to just be a vacation). All I have to do is remembering to save before traveling myself, really. I don't really remember why I put it in in the first place.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 8:12 PM
Not to shill for Twallan or anything, but the ONLY way I've been able to keep Opportunities between worlds active is with both Traveller and Error Trap installed for the whole time I'm doing it.

I have issues with Error Trap and Band Gigs, which it tends to dump on reloads, but I always use it when Travelling.