Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 6:45 PM
Default What should I buy from the store? (Only 2107 Simpoints Available)
So, I was gifted 20 Euro worth of simpoints. I spent some, and I'm left with 2107 simpoints. I want to spend it before the store shuts down, but what should I buy? I'm loking for some nice clothes/hair, for any lifestage. I'd also like some toddler/child furniture. I'd like to stay clear from Worlds, though. Any tips? Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 7:22 PM
You want to stay clear from Worlds? That would be at the top of my list if I was able to use the store (it's broken for me). Maxis towns come with interesting items like a pizza oven for pizza and bread, a wishing fountain that grants wishes, or a slot machine.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
You want to stay clear from Worlds? That would be at the top of my list if I was able to use the store (it's broken for me). Maxis towns come with interesting items like a pizza oven for pizza and bread, a wishing fountain that grants wishes, or a slot machine.

I actually have Monte Vista. It's fun, yeah, but I'd like some clothes & hair. I might buy Luck Palms, but I doubt I have enough. Anyways, my friend is buying a world soon, I can convince her to give it to me
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 7:47 PM
I've bought very little store content myself, but I've scoured the store for the free items and I got some of the worlds on Origin (which, actually, is a good point. Some but not all of the store worlds are on Origin and they frequently get discounted in Origin sales. So if you're thinking about getting a world, check to see if it's on Origin first. If it is, wait for a decent discount on Origin. Don't waste simpoints on it. They disappear so quickly and they're horribly overpriced). Obviously it depends on what kind of stuff you like, but the way I'd think about it is

- What do you feel you don't have enough variety of in your game?
- Can CC fill that gap effectively?

And then go from there.

So, for me, I can be pretty picky about CC hair. I like my game to be very maxis match and I often have trouble finding enough CC hair in the kinds of styles that I'm looking for. and I've found that personally, most of the store/world items that I really wouldn't want to give up are hairs. So if I got gifted some simpoints, I'd probably get lots of hair. I'd also take a look at the worlds that aren't on Origin, and I'd go through the premium content for items that add new gameplay functionality that I think I'd enjoy.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 8:26 PM
If you're wanting clothing/hair for all lifestages: Check out the sets/items under Everyday Clothes. Also Homecoming has some half-decent formalwear and jewellery items.

Toddler/child stuff: have a look at some of the subsets of Kids 2010 and/or Tip Top Toddlers (there's some overlap, so with Complete Your Set the Tip Top Toddler set will reduce price on Kids 2010). Luxe Kidswear is a cute sleepwear set mainly for children.

In terms of other stuff: baby swing premium item (cheaty as in fills all motives, but can be used by both toddlers and babies and gives babies something to do other than being stuck in their crib), multi-tab premium item (allows sims to listen to tabcasts, children and teens can use to do homework, can read books on).

However, I'd also caution to keep an eye on the Daily Deals. Currently there's Grandpa's Grove at a 50% discount, with Full Hewnsman (to cost 600 points) and Everyday - Cool Summer Nights (to cost 504) coming up. Seriously, deals can be absurd. The Old Mill set? About 3 weeks after its release I got it for less than 400 points due to it randomly popping up on the daily deals! The list is currently rotating, but a new list will be in place sometime this week. Also, check for simpoint ads as you can get 5 points a time -- not an excessive amount, but can bolster the points you have left.
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 11:25 PM
I second Katya Stevens's advice about everyday wear and I would also recommend, from my own preferences, the cultural outfits and storybook/faerie clothing. I have a few of those because they're generally well-made and it can be hard to find well-made CC that fits the bill when it comes to those categories. (It's there, there's just less of it.) The Indian and African sets are useful, as is are some of the items form the Happily Ever After and Faire Folk sets.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com