Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:51 AM
Default Crashing if I place a Diving Spot
I'm following the instructions here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Move-and-Pla...Island-Paradise

If I place a diving area and then diving 'lot' in Bridgeport the game crashes to desktop. Sometimes it doesn't, but then it refuses to save (error 12). What could that mean? I've done all steps for fixing error 12 and I even checked and found out that it doesn't happen if there's no diving area. So the error is most definitely related to my attempt to create a diving spot in Bridgeport.

I thought maybe the cheats are at fault, but it's not like there's another way to place diving areas but activate them.

So I'm simply lost as to what the possible cause could be. Too many lots in Bridgeport? Too many sims? Or maybe I'm thinking in an entirely wrong direction.
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 5:49 AM
Can I ask a moderator to move this thread into CAW forum, please? I think maybe it'll have more success there. This glitch doesn't seem to be technical, after all, so maybe people who're into world building have heard of issues with diving spots. (I've found at least one post with a similar issue via google search, but alas with no solution)
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Nov 2023 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
I'm following the instructions here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Move-and-Pla...Island-Paradise

If I place a diving area and then diving 'lot' in Bridgeport the game crashes to desktop. Sometimes it doesn't, but then it refuses to save (error 12). What could that mean? I've done all steps for fixing error 12 and I even checked and found out that it doesn't happen if there's no diving area. So the error is most definitely related to my attempt to create a diving spot in Bridgeport.

I thought maybe the cheats are at fault, but it's not like there's another way to place diving areas but activate them.

So I'm simply lost as to what the possible cause could be. Too many lots in Bridgeport? Too many sims? Or maybe I'm thinking in an entirely wrong direction.

I know this was posed years ago but I am currently having the same exact problem but in a custom world. Was there any fix or information???