Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:10 AM
Default What if? I got an idea!
I've heard that there will only be one neighborhood- Pleasant Valley and we won't be able to make our own.
Right now I came up with a weird thought. I've heard that this city has got many regions/suburbs/inhabited areas. So what if Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville are all suburbs of Pleasant Valley?
I hope, hope, hope!
That would make everybody happy and all the neighborhood storylines would be continued. Of course there would be other suburbs too but I would love to see the three maxis hoods as Pleasant Valley suburbs. Well.......I can tell you that they are located outside the town.
Let's say for example:
On the northeast of Pleasant Valley there is a big lake area, on the northwest of Pleasant Valley there are great farming areas and on the south of Pleasant Valley there is a big desert!
Yay! Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown.
And maybe Riverblossom Hills,Desiderata Valley, Bluewater Village and Downtown too?
Downtown should be the center of Pleasant Valley.

But what about Sim City? We ALWAYS keep hearing about Sim City but we never get to see it unless it is in the Sim City game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 7:17 AM
Not to rain on your parade but this is just wishful thinking. I seriously doubt that this will happen. That is why they changed the name to Pleasant Valley so as to keep the familiar originality of the Sims style of suburb. Besides, wasn't this idea from your other similar threads about this? I don't even think there will be any familiar families because of the fact that there is one neighborhood. I think it's time for a change. If Maxis made decent families that we grew attached to, they will make even more exclusive for Sims 3.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Not to rain on your parade but this is just wishful thinking. I seriously doubt that this will happen. That is why they changed the name to Pleasant Valley so as to keep the familiar originality of the Sims style of suburb. Besides, wasn't this idea from your other similar threads about this? I don't even think there will be any familiar families because of the fact that there is one neighborhood. I think it's time for a change. If Maxis made decent families that we grew attached to, they will make even more exclusive for Sims 3.

I know this is wishful thinking but I HOPE it will happen (but I think the chances are like 1%). Many people have said that they will continue the Goth storyline and the other Pleasantviewers and I find it weird to only continue one of the neighborhoods. Maybe we will see 4 or 5 TS2 families who have moved to Pleasant Valley. For example: the Goths, the Dreamers, the Curiouses, the Grunts and the Summerdreams? It would be very cool. When this Pleasant Valley is HUGE and contains 90 houses why not put in some old families???
It would be cool if there was a desert and some farming areas somewhere outside the town. I may have mentioned this in a former post but not as detailed. I don't remember it......
#4 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:25 AM
Eh, to me it sounds weird having a large desert smack-dab next to a lush suburban town...

It would be nice if we could have all 3 towns updated for TS3, but it doesn't seem likely. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think only Pleasantview will be updated this time around
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 5:37 AM
Oceanborn, You are very obsessed with these families I see, lol.

And it's not even Pleasantview either, it's now Pleasant Valley, a completely new idea of a town but still suburbia to stay true to The Sims. They just kept the name similar because it's just become a typical name style for the game. It has not been mentioned that there will be returning families, so while yes it may seem unfair to leave families out, EA knows this and therefore knows that the fairest solution is to NOT include any of the families so as to NOT leave any out. TS1 and TS2 only connected in this sense because TS2 was merely just to introduce us to the new generations and genetics systems and so having some of the families return was just for fun. It is not needed for Sims 3 because Sims 3 is not about introducing us to the same families that we can now age and die off. Sims 3 is a totally new game that won't have anything to do with the original other than features, objects, etc. I don't want all three TS2 'hood families to be dumped into one 'hood. Why would EA do that? They kept a separate one with aliens because they knew that many people weren't going to be interested. So they can just delete it and not have to worry about them in Pleasantview (the most popular). The suburbia style is what made The Sims and so you shuoldn't be surprised that Sims 3 would continue with the suburbia idea. I know you are desperate and extremely sad because things are not going the way you had hoped, but let's face it, now with Spore coming out this year, that is probably only going to make Sims 3 less likely to need aliens in the games because EA would probably rather separate the two. I mean The Sims original didn't even have aliens at all to play. It was only meant to be a Sims 2 thing and who knows for Sims 3. The main focus is not aliens, it's simulated humans. And so I think Spore will probably just take over the whole creature idea. This will disappoint some of the people who liked creatures in the Sims, I can imagine.

And if the creatures cannot be like how I wanted them to be in my Creatures thread, then forget it. I don't want them at all. Why have useless creatures just for the look? Seriously.

Actually, what they need to do is just have a separate Sims game for creatures. That way the main focus would be them and it would be more likely that they can be true creatures.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
Eh, to me it sounds weird having a large desert smack-dab next to a lush suburban town...

It would be nice if we could have all 3 towns updated for TS3, but it doesn't seem likely. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think only Pleasantview will be updated this time around

I hope they won't continue the Pleasantview storylines either. No one or all!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 11:44 AM
Like I've commented before, for what I've seen in TS3's screenshots, the nhood looks perfectly "normal", too normal even. There isn't a single house that you could point and say it was the Goth's. Also, while in TS1 & TS2 we had aliens lurking in the game's box, there isn't a single non-completely average Sim in TS3 screenshots. Yet, the game is still in development, even the 'humans' are looking all the same (while I must confess that the lack of aliens and of his Majesty the Grimmy is bothering me, maybe even more than how boring the nhood looks).
So far, there is no sign of even a single storyline being followed (not even the Goths').

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaoticNeutral
Like I've commented before, for what I've seen in TS3's screenshots, the nhood looks perfectly "normal", too normal even. There isn't a single house that you could point and say it was the Goth's. Also, while in TS1 & TS2 we had aliens lurking in the game's box, there isn't a single non-completely average Sim in TS3 screenshots. Yet, the game is still in development, even the 'humans' are looking all the same (while I must confess that the lack of aliens and of his Majesty the Grimmy is bothering me, maybe even more than how boring the nhood looks).
So far, there is no sign of even a single storyline being followed (not even the Goths').

Let's hope the box won't tell what's in the game! If everything inside the game should be on the box there would be no room for it at all!

Frankie, I didn't say that the main focus is aliens but they are there for a reason. From TS1 to TS2 they skipped from alien abduction to alien pregnancy and Strangetown. Is the "alien" thing going to be completely abandoned in TS3??? People in Pleasantview can also get abducted and alien pregnant even if it's a "normal themed" suburb. And are you sure maxis knew that Pleasantview would be the most popular neighborhood in TS2? What if they presumed that Strangetown should be the most popular and it ended up to be Pleasantview! How do we know that maxis planned for Pleasantview to be the "main hood"?
But I am deeply disappointed that I can't make my own city/town/hood. The fact that Strangetown won't be remade is something that I can take but not being able to make my own hood is in fact "stopping ones creativity". And many people say the same thing.
But one thing I find weird is that you are saying that I am "obsessed" with the Strangetown characters. Ok, I am. But it isn't any worse to be obsessed with them than the Goths or the Pleasantviewers. Do you know how many people here who have wanted the Pleasantview storylines updated. Ain't they "obsessed" too??? Are people only allowed to love the Pleasantview characters?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:55 PM
Maybe they'll just make an Alien Life EP, complete with brand new neighbourhood, plants, building options, and why not a few species of aliens and creatures. I doubt they'll give up on aliens altoghether.
#10 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Maybe they'll just make an Alien Life EP, complete with brand new neighbourhood, plants, building options, and why not a few species of aliens and creatures. I doubt they'll give up on aliens altoghether.

That's rather a good idea. You hear many complain about how they don't like the weird aspects of the game and others who live for those odd types of Sims.

If they left all "creatures" out of the base game they could always make an expansion for all the other types of non-normal sims. Zombies, werewolves, vampires, and whatever all else we have lol
#11 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:52 PM

And it's not even Pleasantview either, it's now Pleasant Valley, a completely new idea of a town but still suburbia to stay true to The Sims. They just kept the name similar because it's just become a typical name style for the game. .

Actually, I heard that the reason why they changed the name was because there was already a movie out named 'Pleasantview' and they didn't want to get in trouble for it again. Hence, Pleasant Valley.

But I can't imagine them not continuing even one storyline, though. Thousands of simmers will be disappointed
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:29 PM
while i too think it is mostly wishful thinking,Ocean, i happen to love your idea..it's so creative but it would make sense. and as for the desert next to lush, there are plenty of areas in the US at least, that have green areas near desert areas it's a transition but it does happen in nature.. good idea Ocean! :D

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
Actually, I heard that the reason why they changed the name was because there was already a movie out named 'Pleasantview' and they didn't want to get in trouble for it again. Hence, Pleasant Valley.

But I can't imagine them not continuing even one storyline, though. Thousands of simmers will be disappointed

I will be more disappointed if they continue only one storyline and leave the others out than if they continue no storyline!
And I think even more simmers will be disappointed if only some storylines are continued. It would be very unfair.
And there is no movie named Pleasantview. I only found Pleasantville. So EAxis planned on naming it Pleasantville, not Pleasantview. And there is no place named Pleasantville in TS2 so I hope it's a totally new idea.

Quote: Originally posted by longdaysend
while i too think it is mostly wishful thinking,Ocean, i happen to love your idea..it's so creative but it would make sense. and as for the desert next to lush, there are plenty of areas in the US at least, that have green areas near desert areas it's a transition but it does happen in nature.. good idea Ocean! :D

hehe.... Even if this is only wishful thinking we simmers who love the two other neighborhoods must be allowed to express it. I could as well say that the simmers who talked about getting an update on Pleasantview in TS3 also do wishful thinking.
And yes.... there are areas where there is lush not too far from deserts. I actually thought that Strangetown could be one hour or more from Pleasant Valley and still be a suburb. In my imagination Strangetown is located far from lushy civilizaions but Strangetown as a suburb is better than no Strangetown.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:54 AM
I think its possible. Quite possible!
#15 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:28 AM
Do you know this for a fact? I don't think EAxis would make one huge neighborhood and not let us make our own. That wouldn't be fair, it would be like going back to the sims (except without the livin' large EP)

I agree with the wishful thinking.... or just a rumour that everyone fallows along
Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:36 AM
Okay, I did NOT favor any 'hood at all, I played all three just as much. I was just stating what could be factual. Pleasantview is the main 'hood, it has nothing to do with it being the preferred one or not, just look at your game files. It is the default 'hood by files and it's also the one closer to the Sims 1 nameless 'hood. Of course it is, why else would most of the TS1 characters be in Pleasantview? Again, this has nothing to do with preference, I'm just putting two and two together, that's all. And I also suggested EA starting fresh as a fair route so as to not leave any families out, and this was clearly stated in my post, how could you have not noticed it? I just think we should get new families since the new 'hood is definitely a new idea. I'm ready to move on and yes I have played with the Maxis families and love it but I guess I just never got attached to them to where they HAVE to be in Sims 3. New game, new ideas and therefore new families is how I look at it. But that is fine to express that you want the old families back and it's perfectly understandable. Nothing wrong with that and I never said you couldn't or shouldn't.

Oceanborn, I never specified which families you were obsessed with, I meant all the families not just Strange Town. And it was a joke. Sorry if you didn't get it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 3:42 PM
Oceanborn, I never specified which families you were obsessed with, I meant all the families not just Strange Town. And it was a joke. Sorry if you didn't get it.

I got it. I am obsessed with the Strangetown families. I have never had any custom families who have been funnier to play than the Strangetowners. Ah..... Maybe I should try to make a Frankie sim in TS3 (I'm joking). You seem like such an interesting person and you're good at debating too.
Bad I can't make Frankietown because I'm stuck in Pleasant Valley.......... You could be the founder. :clap: :gonemad:

I hope you take the joke...... (my silly humoristic sense)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn

I got it. I am obsessed with the Strangetown families. I have never had any custom families who have been funnier to play than the Strangetowners. Ah..... Maybe I should try to make a Frankie sim in TS3 (I'm joking). You seem like such an interesting person and you're good at debating too.
Bad I can't make Frankietown because I'm stuck in Pleasant Valley.......... You could be the founder. :clap: :gonemad:

I hope you take the joke...... (my silly humoristic sense)

It's fine, I knew it was a joke. I don't think I'm all that good of a debater, though, but thanks. Like I mentioned earlier today, we should still be able to have different 'hood templates/layouts and grounds so that we can have desert, lush, concrete, or even have multiple ones in the same 'hood. And actually, I think they are no longer going to be called 'hoods, but towns.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 11:32 PM
It's fine, I knew it was a joke. I don't think I'm all that good of a debater, though, but thanks. Like I mentioned earlier today, we should still be able to have different 'hood templates/layouts and grounds so that we can have desert, lush, concrete, or even have multiple ones in the same 'hood. And actually, I think they are no longer going to be called 'hoods, but towns.

I really hope we can have desert, concrete and lush. Isn't there another option???
If we only can build lush towns it would be sad.......
But what do you think of my idea of Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville as suburbs of Pleasant Valley? I think it's small chances it would happen but I love the idea of it. And I would of course like to see new regions in the town with new sims and sim families.
But there is one thing with Pleasant Valley I don't like. The houses look all ordinary.
I see no scifi-like, ultra modern houses and there are no castles. They all look like the premade Pleasantview houses. I know we can build but I suck at building........ Even if this is going to be an "ordinary" suburb we could need variation in the house style when they only are going to include one big town.
I hope there will be suburbs inside the town and I hope there will be different architecture for each street.
I would love to see themed streets or suburbs........ What about........

- a poor trailer-like
- a posh
- a geeky one for the Strangetown-like/scientists
- a paranormal
- a so called middle class normal
- an urban
- an industrial, a bit poorer
- a farm district
- a beach district with Caliente/Lothario-like houses
- a ghetto

I would love this variety..........
I would also love to be able to make desert areas.
#20 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
I really hope we can have desert, concrete and lush. Isn't there another option???
If we only can build lush towns it would be sad.......
But what do you think of my idea of Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville as suburbs of Pleasant Valley? I think it's small chances it would happen but I love the idea of it. And I would of course like to see new regions in the town with new sims and sim families.
But there is one thing with Pleasant Valley I don't like. The houses look all ordinary.
I see no scifi-like, ultra modern houses and there are no castles. They all look like the premade Pleasantview houses. I know we can build but I suck at building........ Even if this is going to be an "ordinary" suburb we could need variation in the house style when they only are going to include one big town.
I hope there will be suburbs inside the town and I hope there will be different architecture for each street.
I would love to see themed streets or suburbs........ What about........

- a poor trailer-like
- a posh
- a geeky one for the Strangetown-like/scientists
- a paranormal
- a so called middle class normal
- an urban
- an industrial, a bit poorer
- a farm district
- a beach district with Caliente/Lothario-like houses
- a ghetto

I would love this variety..........
I would also love to be able to make desert areas.

That sounds like a great idea with the different suburbs! I think that would a nice change to the game! Have a duck for your brilliant idea!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 1:43 AM
I was in a rush before and I wanted to say more than "sounds possible"

Anyway in that article that mentioned saving the town in different "slots" I think this could mean something similar to having different sections of the town where we could customize it to our liking.

I also love the strangetown characters, my most favourite hood of all. Its the only hood where I've kept all the characters and played them out to a couple generations. I've reinstalled the game so I have to do it all over again but that's no problem!

totally irrelevent edit

Our join dates now say 1969??

/end totally irrelevent edit
Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:09 AM
Honestly, as much as I like all three base 'hoods from TS2, I really don't want those characters to return. I want new families. I also don't like sci-fi so I don't like the idea of spaceship type of homes in my 'hood. But as an option for those who want them, then by all means that is fine. Maybe EA just needs to seriously put out a Sims Fantasy game that way they can please both types of players.
#23 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:53 PM
Maybe EA just needs to seriously put out a Sims Fantasy game that way they can please both types of players.

I think that's a great idea! I think instead of like the Stories series they should use the Sims 3 engine to create games in different styles and time periods and really go all out. They could do medieval, sci fi, magical/fantasy, or even urban game. (But not the Urbz.) They should be seperate, stand-alone games. Or even better they could be expansions so you can add the element of gameplay that you want and ignore the others.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:00 PM
I mean, it's only fair because too many people are wanting The Sims to be more fantasy than reality and seeing as that is not going to happen, why not just separate the two? I am sure A Sims Fantasy game would sell quite well anyway. But have it function the same as The Sims in the sense that it is open-ended gameplay and limitless.
#25 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 7:04 PM
I think it would awesome! The Sims franchise is the master of simulation and yet we're still stuck with just the suburbs. They need to take chance on some new simulations and I think Fantasy and Sci-Fi would both be big hits.
Page 1 of 2