Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 27th May 2010 at 10:59 PM Last edited by lytefoot : 28th May 2010 at 1:52 AM.
I love this--totally sweet. Just wanted to mention, it works a little funny with toddlers. Their torso doesn't get longer as expected--they end up looking kinda spidery.

Edit: Also, I totally agree about the hand slider. My tall sims look silly with their tiny little girl hands!

Also edit: Looking more closely, sitting toddlers don't quite cross the ground, and their feet twitch a little. Not really noticeable, hadn't really spotted it, I don't usually look at them so closely. Their position is perfect while being carried, but their feet still twitch. (Screenshot attached. The toddler in the shot has leg and body maxed, arms almost maxed.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 29th May 2010 at 2:07 PM
I just discovered this thread! Wonderful work being done here. Thanks so much for sharing everyone. I love the different heights.
Test Subject
#53 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 12:01 AM
First of, I must say thank you Jonha for your work, height slider + your 10 slider pack = yum.
Just miss the arms 'girth' and you'll get the whole set

As for bugs, beside the arms getting stiff when increasing body height, I haven't seen any unbearable.

The calf size to the max can look weird as it only get big on external sides.

But aside from that, good work !

'A new comer passing by'

P.S. : Really can't wait for arms 'girth' slider
Test Subject
#54 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:18 PM
Just popped in to thank jonha again for these and the other sliders. It's so nice having big differences in height (in addition to the other body shapes) that we hardly notice the oddities like giants' heads in the wall because I've made them too tall for beds or belly-in-face hugs for the shorties. Thanks tons and tons!
Test Subject
#55 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 10:40 PM
So far I'm not having any real problems, except for Sims kissing air, but I can deal with that.
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Terrysa : 18th Jun 2010 at 3:06 PM.
I got pcfreak147's arm and belly slider. Will the arm slider help with the arm deformities, or should I delete that one and get yours?
Edit: pcfreak's is a arm ...thickness? slider, not length.
Scholar
#57 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 9:10 AM
I think, I will finish them soon (merging arm and torso slider) and then they will be uploaded here. Thanks for testing.
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#58 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 5:47 PM
I love you guys. You are all amazing. <3
Test Subject
#59 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:33 AM
Your sliders are wonderful!

I managed to FINALLY make a couple of characters with an actual size difference that work!

Being able to make a sim short and stocky is just very cool!
Sockpuppet
#60 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:23 AM
Moving the joints can really screw up the skintones uvmap.
I am making a muscle slider but have stretched textures on the elbow and the shading on the upperarm(Delta muscle) drops.
Trying to rotate the joints to get a better result....
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#61 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 12:53 PM
Looking VERY good, Base!
Sockpuppet
#62 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:21 PM
Thank you, i am finetuning it now
did drop the upperarm tho, was to horizontal compared to the trapezius
Hopefully i can upload it this weekend(maybe ill include all edits as seperate sliders)
One nasty thing i cant fix, the outside of the chest is to beefy(were it meets the arms)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#63 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:44 PM
Beefy is good when it comes to bodybuilder From those pics I don't notice anything wrong in the chest. One suggestion: to me there's a sort of 'wasp-waist' effect in the pics and the upper waist could be a touch wider.
Sockpuppet
#64 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:19 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 10th Jul 2010 at 3:28 PM.
yes, it should be a bit lower but cant figure it out
Scaled the spine 0 and should lower the joint a bit but it messes things up (legs/animations etc.)
I can fix those issues but takes to much time
So i better scale it back
Ill upload the slider here so you guys can have a look.(just give me a few minutes)

Edit,
Here you go
still need to fix the arms(make them a bit shorter)
hoping i can pull(rotate) the elbows a bit to the sides
Fix the stretched textures on the elbows
I will scale the spine0 back as it will also bring back the hands to its original position(they now clip with the thighs)
You can always use Jonha's waist slider to finetune it

I cant fix the beefy part were the chest meets the deltoideus, tried everything...
Its a bit annoying, especially with clothing.
Maybe most will not even notice but i like things perfect.

Edit,
You find it under the nose slider, called muscle.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bloom_Bodybuilder_slider.rar (1.1 KB, 6341 downloads) - View custom content
Sockpuppet
#65 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
Just saw him ingame,
I like the front view, maybe scale the waist a little wider.
On the side view i either scale the waist up or the the chest back.
Used Jonha's height, leg and grith sliders also.
He's huge lol

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#66 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 6:14 PM
Looks GREAT! The little glitches aren't at all noticeable with the slider at less than 100%. Perfect for a couple of my sims. By the way, in CAS I noticed a little hand-twitching in one of my sims but not the other, and it didn't happen at all in the game.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:29 PM
Bloom! It's great to see you modding for Sims 3. I love the Body builder. The side view of the chest is a bit odd, but I think overall, it's really nice and realistic.
Sockpuppet
#68 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Looks GREAT! The little glitches aren't at all noticeable with the slider at less than 100%. Perfect for a couple of my sims. By the way, in CAS I noticed a little hand-twitching in one of my sims but not the other, and it didn't happen at all in the game.

I normally pull the slider at 100% and if the hands shake ill fix those.
But i noticed that after i fixed em them they still shake when another precentage is used(like 70% orso)

I am going to redo the slider with a few other settings
the endresult will be that the guy has less titties but hopefully the delta muscle will not be that big
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:52 AM
I like the slider on the right extreme, but the left one looks kind of odd - the head turns upside down and falls into the chest. How did you even make it do that?
Sockpuppet
#70 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:04 AM
lol, the left slider is a joke Delphy made.
When you extract the file and open it for the first time he scaled the head huge on the right slider and made it tiny on the left.
I didn't touch the left slider, its still his original
Planning to load only the upperbody in the left slider

Its a pitty they didn't assigne breastbones to the males
It would have made things alot easier...
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
Oh My God!!!! Base that height slider is fantastic!!!! Is it up for download somewhere? I neeed to know! Finally I can make midget and elf sims yay!!!!!!!
Sockpuppet
#72 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 2:07 AM
The problem are the shaking hands and feet.
Hands i can adjust by cheating with the scaling but the feet shake just to little to find the correct scaling values.
I haven't visit the file in a while but trying to make the bb slider gave me some ideas.
Want to finish the bb slider first tho.

and no, not going to share it till im satisfied.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
Figured out the hands also, the reason why they jump is because they are related to the foot bones(in the animations.)
You need to keep a specific ratio between the hands/pelvis and the spine0/foot

OOH! Does that mean that someone could make a slider that changes the size of the hand and pelvis bones to make the hands stop twitching? :U 'Cause I think everyone would benefit from that. :>

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Sockpuppet
#74 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:45 AM
I dont think the hands and feet are related to eachother but the hand bone position has to stay in place, same with the feet.
The reason they are going to shake is that they go off position the moment you scale the bones.(because some joints are rotated wich will screw up the ratio's)
My english is not that good to give a proper explanetion, srry
Test Subject
#75 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:59 PM
Default request
can somebody make a slider to shrink the adult sims to the same height as the child height and one more slider, that makes the child height as the same height of an adult sim? Or is something like that made?
Locked thread
Page 3 of 6