Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 10:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default installing downloaded sims without cc, no scalp/hair on sim
hi all. i've downloaded a bunch of sims to make my own townies with, but i generally didn't want all the cc that comes with these sims, so i didn't install it. now the sims show up in bodyshop with no scalp. which is fine, i just wanted to choose the hair myself for the sim. the problem is, i can't choose a hair for the sim. i click on hair colors and i can't see any options. i feel like there was a way i used to get around this but i can't remember what it was. any suggestions?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:15 PM
Well, that's odd because you can normally just choose a hair - was it in Bodyshop you tried, not in CAS/CAF?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, that's odd because you can normally just choose a hair - was it in Bodyshop you tried, not in CAS/CAF?

yes, was in body shop. i kept clicking different hair colors and it would select the hair color (adding it to the previous hair color, they would both be highlighted in green) but not let me choose any actual hair. the hair bin is blank, basically.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 9:56 AM
Try cloning the sim and see if the copy works better.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:05 PM
This is something I have struggled with for years. Before the GOS crash last year, somebody posted a way to solve the missing scalp in Bodyshop, but the thread has been lost and I'm reluctant to ask about it again. I've tried cloning. It doesn't work. The only way I've ever found to fix the problem is to go to a backup if it's a sim who used to have the hair, or to find the original mesh. I read that you can open them in CAS and choose a hair there, then export the sim with the hair and use that sim in Bodyshop instead of the missing scalp sim. I haven't tried it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM
That would be my next suggestion.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:42 PM
Did you try deleting the thumbnail folder? I'm not sure about that, but I believe there may be a connection.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Did you try deleting the thumbnail folder? I'm not sure about that, but I believe there may be a connection.

yep, just tried it, same problem. i think i'm recalling that the only solution was to make the sim in CAS in game, which is annoying. but ah well. thanks though.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:42 PM
I also have that issue, what I do is install the sim with the unwanted hair, load the sim in bodyshop and give him another hair, and save as a new sim. Then I can delete the CC hair the sim came with and that I don't want to keep.