Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 11:00 PM
WCIF a mod that makes the butler cook group meals again
Ever since I installed SN and patched up, my butler no longer cooks group meals. I have a mod where he only cooks if I ask him to, but if I ask him to cook he only cooks a single meal. This is very annoying because I play several wealthy households with butlers, and most of my Sims do not cook--they are too busy with other things. Now, since I have to ask the butler to cook something four or five times in a row(because most of my households have four or five Sims), I might as well have my Sims cook something themselves because it wastes so much time!

I just can't stand it all. I've tried searching for butler mods on MTS, googling them, dabbling in S3PE, even reading tutorials for how to make a mod with this functionality but I don't understand it at all. Please, please, is there a mod like this out there, anywhere? Or if someone knows how to make a mod like this but can't/don't want to do it themselves, can they give me pointers on how to do it myself?? That's how desperate I am. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

Dorthea
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 12:01 AM
I REALLY want this too!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 8:31 PM
bump bump bump
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 12:28 AM
Hi!
my butler also doesn't cook. He only cooks if asked and only single servings as well. He won't bother if my sims would starve.
Also, does anyone know if there's a mod that enables you to actually select a shower for the butler to use, so he doesn't use the masters bathroom?
Oh and it all started with the SN patch.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 2:10 AM
Both hubby & I have exact same issue, just as described above and it began with Supernatural. We've tested in a new neighborhoods with new Sims and new butlers - having removed ALL of our mods.

The problem remains.

The Butler won't cook group meals, and when asked, will prepare one portion. Please note that my hubby & I both use different machines WITH different OS'es. So you got me folks - seriously. The only thing I can think of at all at this point is that somehow, some of our butler XMLs got hosed when SN came out. Where to get a fresh XML - without re-installing - I have no idea. And please understand that I am probably completely wrong - that is a truly ignorant guess regarding the cause of the issue.

Sorry folks, I'm QA not Dev. All I can say is the problem is reproducible.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 5:12 PM
Has anyone found a solution to this?
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 4:42 PM
I'll just do a smal bump, please mind about me.