Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 1:38 PM
Default Could somebody please recommend me a large world that won't keep crashing?
Hi everyone

I am currently playing around with Beach City and absolutely adore it but being the limited game that TS3 is, the world uses too much RAM when you add my huge population and Nraas Story Progression. I only play for an hour at a time due to fear that my game will crash. After a few sims weeks, I have to cut the time to half an hour due to the extent to which my save file bloats, even though I have a powerful PC. I don't want to get rid of any of my characters and like playing people who live on big lots at time but hate the limitations the game imposes on me. I also don't want to get rid of CC because without it the game is much uglier. The plan is to import my characters into a world that works better using Nraas Porter.

Any recommendations?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 2:45 PM
How large do you need (as in, number of community lots, number of houses) and also EP requirements?

Also, what settings do you have your SP on? Did you know that you could slow it down to save on computing overhead? Have you tried cleaning your save file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
How large do you need (as in, number of community lots, number of houses) and also EP requirements?

Also, what settings do you have your SP on? Did you know that you could slow it down to save on computing overhead? Have you tried cleaning your save file?

Thanks for your quick reply . I have all EPs installed except for Supernatural and Into the Future (got those too but they're not installed) and all of the Stuff Pack except for Sweet Treats (have no interest in buying it). I also have most of the Store Premium content.

SP is currently on slow, whereas before I had it on the Default setting. I have around 30-40 families, some got split after the children moved out and some of the elders are going to die very soon but their children are reproducing so the population will expand a little rather than shrink. I use the Save Cleaner and keep checking for images that I can delete from the save file so that helps somewhat. As much as I adore Beach City, there is an issue with Sims getting stuck at a certain bridge which may be due to the 2 missing EPs, I'm not sure. It's extremely detailed too, which could be a factor in why the game bloats, or perhaps I have a memory leak which I can't identify.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 4:07 PM
Are you using overwatch? You can set that to reset stuck sims. That Beach City does look huge- but with 40 families I think you're going to find that most worlds give you some problems. There are some tips for better game performance at NRaas here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance
And tips on this site wiki:
Game Help:Improving Sims 3 Performancewiki

There's a world index on the Sims website, not sure if you've looked there (and it's not been kept up to date). But might give you some ideas!
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ated-22-04-2015
I play my own world, but that's not updated for the later EPs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Are you using overwatch? You can set that to reset stuck sims. That Beach City does look huge- but with 40 families I think you're going to find that most worlds give you some problems. There are some tips for better game performance at NRaas here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance
And tips on this site wiki:
Game Help:Improving Sims 3 Performancewiki

There's a world index on the Sims website, not sure if you've looked there (and it's not been kept up to date). But might give you some ideas!
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ated-22-04-2015
I play my own world, but that's not updated for the later EPs.

Thank you . I'll have a look at your worlds, as I can just add lots from later EPs to older worlds just as long as they look good. I remember hearing about Jericho, which looked beautiful from the pics. Overwatch helps me but not to the extent that I can play with large mansions without crashing. I may have to sacrifice a few of the more boring families but will see about that.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 2:40 PM
Hey there,

I was having the same problem actually, I played beach city but it was too lagy, i also tried Alpine County which is an another large great city but some lag problems again, then i found Legacy Island 3, you can just google i guess, Im playing it for a couple of weeks now and no lag problems but i use owerwatch also. For now thinks seem to be working.