Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 1:14 AM
Default wont let me get into lots?
today i ran out to get university with my mom... i came home and installed it... and IT WONT LET ME GET INTO THE LOTS! i waited 20 minutes before exiting out of the game! does anyone know how to stop this? is it a common problem??? please help! :confused:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:02 AM
Do you mean that it just brings you in to the load screen and just sits there?

I am having a similer problem to. Wated 20 minutes to get in to a lot (I even created a new small lot and went in to test it out, but it just brings me in to the blue load screen and it just sits there.

What are your symptoms when you are trying to go in to a lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:05 AM
well now my entire game has crashed :-X urg maxis really ruined this expansion pack!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:30 AM
Yeah I'm having the same problem. Except I go to the laod screen it goes through all the bars, clears like it's about to go to the lot then sits there for ages.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:51 AM
At another thread I think someone figured that his problems similar to this were caused because he didn't have the necessary Direct X - I think 9 is needed. I don't have the game yet, so hard to tell what problems I'll encounter.
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 3:54 AM
I'm having a kinda similar problem - for the buildings and dorms that have names (and are supposed to be there, I'd assume), whenever I try to get into the lots to build, it acts like it's loading then boots me back to neighborhood. Tried re-zoning and got into a few of the lots, but then it won't save the build changes that I make when I save and exit to neighborhood >
any ideas about how to fix this stuff?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:05 AM Last edited by Zoltan : 3rd Mar 2005 at 4:18 AM.
have you guys got rid of all the hacks? thats causing crashes

did you reinstall and use the patch download instead of just installing S2 then Univ? seems the download patch is causing probs: let any updating be done with Univ

heres a thread on lots & stuff:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...26&page=1&pp=25
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 6:36 PM
I know what it is! The same thing happened to me. When i moved out all the custom jobs I had downloaded it worked just fine. I have no idea when the jobs would effect the loading but thats what it was for me.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:31 PM
It has happened to me. I cleaned out the down load folder and put some back little by little and then tried to get into the lot. It took me a long time, but I found two files that made the lots freeze up. After deleting them I've had no problems with getting into the lots.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:54 PM
Default lots not loading - my solution
This too, happened to me. I had to remove some files, in my case ... these are the names of the files I had to remove ... 7915f42e34a42a139cdf8e571fab9f32.package, f57cc68a_BlondeStreaksL.package, ad3bc9bb4486a4f4dc52e5e5dbc1d4f6.package, ad54ae71c1e9b2d05d518353d9abd27b.package, d6110c9cf1f7fa8921df0aa74f358357.package, d09786a441da7b5a61622c9a16b1eb44.package, a29049dd_2ToneHair.package, 525fbe83151dc448e0204de9e4fd2567.package, 930b8b14_pinklipgloss.package, and there are more like this, i'm sure...but I removed these from MY game and now my lots open. If I find more, I will post them here, too. Check your folders for these files if you are having problems and remove them. Good luck!
Teryl
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:56 PM
Default Post them
Quote: Originally posted by Mollymay
It has happened to me. I cleaned out the down load folder and put some back little by little and then tried to get into the lot. It took me a long time, but I found two files that made the lots freeze up. After deleting them I've had no problems with getting into the lots.

Why not post the names of the files like I did, so people can benefit from your hard work?
Teryl
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:59 PM
Default hacks causing probs? NOT for me
Quote: Originally posted by Zoltan
have you guys got rid of all the hacks? thats causing crashes

did you reinstall and use the patch download instead of just installing S2 then Univ? seems the download patch is causing probs: let any updating be done with Univ

heres a thread on lots & stuff:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...26&page=1&pp=25

After installing University I couldn't get in to my lots, (see my previous posts) and it WAS NOT my hacks, as I keep them all in their own folder called Hacks, and when I tested that file, my lots had no problem. The problem seems to lie with some skin files and things like that, in fact, none of the problems seemed to be actual objects (they turn blue in the game and u simply have to delete them from your custom content)...but they weren't preventing me from getting in to my lot, those long filenames as in my previous post were.