Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:34 PM
Default Wall and floor files not showing up now
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some help here if at all possible. After installing TS2U I had some minor problems with my game crashing. I fixed those problems by removing the downloaded files that were causing the problem. My game is working fine. All my recolors are working great now, EXCEPT, my custom walls and floors. They are there in my downloads folder and my game doesn't crash, but they are not showing up in the catalog. Does anyone know why this is? I think I am the first one to experience this as I have not seen it being mentioned as of yet. I'm not exactly sure why they are not showing up. Shouldn't they show up if they are in the downloads folder? I'm confused! :confused:

Thanks, Ally
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:56 PM
There is a folder called Thumbnails in My Docs / EA Games / The Sims 2 /. Delete the files inside that folder (the Thumbnails folder - not the folder itself). The game will recreate all the thumbnails again. Let me know if you see all your walls and floors again.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:58 PM
My custom walls and floors don't show up either. But then again, neither do my clothes or EP ready objects :-(
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:33 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 1:39 AM Last edited by allykatz0372 : 4th Mar 2005 at 1:41 AM. Reason: whoops, bad grammar
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
There is a folder called Thumbnails in My Docs / EA Games / The Sims 2 /. Delete the files inside that folder (the Thumbnails folder - not the folder itself). The game will recreate all the thumbnails again. Let me know if you see all your walls and floors again.

No, that didn't work. Wished it did! They are still not showing up. Also, my clothes, hair, and all make-up aren't showing up either. It's just the items that were made with Body Shop and Home Crafter that aren't showing up. Gosh, that is frustrating! All of my recolors are fine except a small few that I deleted because of the infamous flashing blue. Most all of my Sims are walking around bald and wearing the ugly default Maxis outfits! LOL

Thanks, still confused though. :confused:
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 2:03 AM Last edited by brandon72mo : 4th Mar 2005 at 2:07 AM.
You're not alone. Of all my Sims (even those I made for myself in BodyShop) skins, hair, makeup, floors and walls that I have (hundreds if not thousands) the one and only custom one is a glass floor I once downloaded. I, too, have a bunch of bald sims all wearing the same outfit. All my houses defaulted to some pretty ugly paint/floor schemes. All the files are still in my download folder yet, the game doesn't see them.

To date, none of the "get ready for University" threads have offered any solution to this problem.

On top of it all, I can't use one single recolor. I took them all out and started putting them back in, one at a time. It doesn't matter which one I put in - the game crashes while loading.

*sigh*