Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:44 PM Last edited by Simsmomma : 3rd Mar 2005 at 8:47 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Grrrrr im going crazy here ...please help, just got University
grrr i am going crazy here trying to figure out how to install the cleaner and it says i need " a net framework SDK ....
so i tried to install that and it says i need some other thing ....and i cant figure it out .....
yes i have read all the post on installing the cleaner and Universtiy and everything else there is ....it is way over my head ..its getting very overwhelming

is there anyone out there that is willing to on on yahoo or msn and do step by step with me getting all that hacks, download gone so i can install the universtiy, the colouringoption and the cleaner .and then put back the hacks that can be put back........i have tried and nothing is working but i did managed to put a backup file of the folder " EA games" onto my desktop ....
......and im not a computer person ..well not with software anyway.....

also the simsPE or whatever that is ..do i really need it?

help please !!! my kids and i want to play the university.....
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:40 PM
i tried to install the EP Game and ended up deleting the game...im not sure what happened but i cant fine the icon that allows me to play it ...do i need to install it again? ..i did make a backup copy ..help please
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:45 PM
Do you still have the sims 2 in you computer? To see if it's still installed, go to Start-Control Panel- add/Remove programs, and search for it. It should be in the list.
I'm willing to help you if you want but I can't assure you that I will be able to
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:54 PM
i dont see it ....does that mean it is gone and i deleted it somehow?? it still shows up when i go to my documents/Eagames all the folders are still there
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:00 PM
Hun I was having the same prob and I gave up and just deleted all my d/ls and installed the ep and I'm now in the prosess of redownloading new stuff that I know works for both games just so my kids and I could play so thats just another option sorry I could'nt help more
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:00 PM
Someone I also need help.When the game updates The Sims 2 it says Error! and shuts down the window.I'm so lost and I really need help.(This helps in the installer).Also is counts down from 100% to 0% then cuts off.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:05 PM
mbunnell:
Quote: Originally posted by Eriksrocks
When installing University, it seems as if it is done, gets to 100%, and then opens an update app. If this update app asks you for Disc 4 from TS2, you don't need to worry about this (people who are asked for Disc 4 have not installed any of the Maxis patches). However, if it does not ask you for Disc 4 of the original TS2 game, continue reading. About halfway through the update, if you get an error that says 'Update failed' or something like that, your installation will start reverting.

DO NOT CTRL-ALT-DELETE OUT OF THIS OR IN ANY WAY ATTEMPT TO STOP THIS.

I am not sure what would happen if you did - but I imagine that some of the game files needed to run the game could be missing, which could cause major problems. Once the game is completely unistalled, make sure you have backed up EA Games folder or any other folders, and then reinstall The Sims 2 base game. You may now install University. You should not get stuck at the update problem.

Why does this work? Because you have:

A) Deleted any of the Maxis patches

B) You have reset any of the modified core game files

Also - you can now replace your downloads and neighborhoods and any other stuff (SLOWLY).

This may not be the only way to stop this, but it's the only way I know of.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mbunnell
Someone I also need help.When the game updates The Sims 2 it says Error! and shuts down the window.I'm so lost and I really need help.(This helps in the installer).Also is counts down from 100% to 0% then cuts off.

The Sims 2 University installer will fail if you have changed any of the original Sims 2 game files (not including EA patches). You should move all of your custom content from your Sims 2 save directory to some place else on your computer then re-install university, then put only the custom content back in the sims 2 download directory that has been made for Sims 2 University.

I had this problem also and this fixed it.
Ariakas
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Simsmomma : 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:50 PM.
*crys * ..nah just kidding im not crying but i feel like it ..i just redownloaded both the sims 2 CDs and also the EP ..
and i tried to install the patch and it says .." that the game was or installed right or isnt installed on your computer" ....
and yet it shows up in the add/remove thing also the EP shows up there too ....

and yet i just started the game to see if i could play it and it works fine in loading ...so why wont the patch install? why am i getting these messages?