Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:45 PM
Default Idea for new community lot: surfer shack?
Please excuse me if this has been posted before. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I'm very new to the idea and have not started work on it yet.

I found these and these a while back. However, no one seems to have built a surf store. Guess I can be the first.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:17 AM
Sounds like a great idea! I wasn't familiar with these, but they look like fun. I say go for it! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 7:41 AM
I'm (very slowly) working on a whole alternative to Downtown, which would be on the coast with beach lots for cafes, nightclubs etc but also, with surfing being a major theme across the neighbourhood, and so I need surf-store/ shack type lots to go in it. I was planning to use the first of the links you posted above, but otherwise keep it CC free. If that's the kind of way you work I'd be really interested to see what you come up with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GneissGuy
I'm (very slowly) working on a whole alternative to Downtown, which would be on the coast with beach lots for cafes, nightclubs etc but also, with surfing being a major theme across the neighbourhood, and so I need surf-store/ shack type lots to go in it. I was planning to use the first of the links you posted above, but otherwise keep it CC free. If that's the kind of way you work I'd be really interested to see what you come up with.

I'm very new at creating, I suck at building houses. I haven't ever finished building a lot. In that case I'll let you be the first. I have no idea what I want on the lot. I just have an idea that I want a surf shop. Anyway hope your creation gets published.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 12:38 PM
The only thing I'd say about MSD's surf hack is that I would be wary of including the hack itself with the lot - I'd say recommend it rather than include it. I don't think you can pack it up in a lot anyway but I think you'd be best including a caution notice (there is also a caution notice on the upload if you read through the description).

The reason for this is that that hack includes a hidden (routing) NPC which can, if removed from a game having once been installed, cause the SDH. Not, in itself, game-breaking but annoying if you don't have the relevant suppression hacks (I'd suggest recommending those too).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc