Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Product Design Major -Includes Inventory Items-

by Phaenoh Posted 12th Dec 2011 at 6:29 PM - Updated 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:07 PM by Phaenoh

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#51 Old 8th May 2015 at 8:51 PM
Such a great major! My sims will like it!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Which EPs do you have, and which year/semester were the sims who would not go to class?

Damn, sorry just answering now :s
Was the 1st year and semester. I actually was trying again this major, again on a 1st year and 1st semester sim, and she wouldn't go to class neither to the exam.
I have all EP's except Free Time and Teen Stuff.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 12:38 AM Last edited by Nessa Narmolanya : 16th Aug 2015 at 11:10 PM.
I too had problems with this major. My Sim wouldn't go to class, the action would just drop out the queue. But I think the problem is contained to the UNI version only. I have all the expansions, including FT, but I didn't like the idea of the random stuff in my inventory (kudos for your work though) so I downloaded the UNI version. It didn't work, as I described above. So I swapped versions for the FT one and it works! My Sim went to class no problem (and I'm assuming she'll go to her exams too, but I've not played that far yet).

ETA: My Sim went to her final exams no problem.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 12:14 AM Last edited by LilSister : 11th Feb 2016 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Everything Works
O.K. I finally got everything sorted out. I wanted to try this major out so badly that I decided to take a chance. What I learned is that alhough the major will show up via the computer as overriding the Art major, the pendant is needed so that "All" of the majors show up, thus no override. This was not clear to me before. I am happy to report my Sim went to class on time, progress bar filled as it should, she has completed her the first half of her freshman year, and received the drafting table in her inventory. I absolutely love this!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#55 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 10:35 PM
Thank you. My Sim has graduated. I really enjoyed this major.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nessa Narmolanya
I too had problems with this major. My Sim wouldn't go to class, the action would just drop out the queue. But I think the problem is contained to the UNI version only. I have all the expansions, including FT, but I didn't like the idea of the random stuff in my inventory (kudos for your work though) so I downloaded the UNI version. It didn't work, as I described above. So I swapped versions for the FT one and it works! My Sim went to class no problem (and I'm assuming she'll go to her exams too, but I've not played that far yet).

ETA: My Sim went to her final exams no problem.

I have Free Time now so I'm gonna replace the UNI one with the FT. Wish me luck
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 6:51 PM
I am going to sooo use this! Thanks for making it! I really wish Maxis would have implemented more major options...
Oh, also... please forgive me if I come out as rude, since I don't really have any idea how much work this may be, but would it be possible to have a Spanish translation? Because I play the game in Spanish. I offer to make the translations myself, so you could simply write and add them.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leontinees
I am going to sooo use this! Thanks for making it! I really wish Maxis would have implemented more major options...
Oh, also... please forgive me if I come out as rude, since I don't really have any idea how much work this may be, but would it be possible to have a Spanish translation? Because I play the game in Spanish. I offer to make the translations myself, so you could simply write and add them.
It's not rude but thank you for recognizing it could be thought rude. I typically don't do sim work that I myself won't get use out of, or at least that lots of other people would want, so I won't be taking on this project. If you write up the translations though, it's a simple enough thing for you to replace them yourself with simpe. It's basically the same as editing an excel spreadsheet, very easy and do-able even if you are new to SimPE. If you need help with doing it yourself, send me a PM and I'll be able to point you toward the right tutorials and you'll have it in spanish in no time.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:39 AM
I had my first time with SimPE barely two days ago, and... I'm quite disappointed. Maybe even depressed because by how clumsy I am, it seems something has gone wrong and I don't know why.

I downloaded it to remove some annoying memories, just giving a try. It worked fine, no problems in-game either; then I recategorized some clothes into proper bins. But next day (yesterday) it doesn't work anymore. No error message ever showed up, but the commands don't react anymore, like they were blank. I can still recategorize clothes, but nothing else. After opening neighborhood and selecting the only one I play with, nothing else can be done anymore. I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that solved nothing

I apologize to rant this to you, I only wanted to say that if I really could do the translation this way, I certainly would! Please, if you have any idea how to get SimPE to work properly again, I will take on you generous offer to teach me how to do it myself!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 3:31 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 31st Aug 2017 at 3:50 PM.
That sounds super confusing. Send me a few screen shots of what things look like and what buttons don't work in a PM and we'll get this straightened out.
Quote: Originally posted by leontinees
I had my first time with SimPE barely two days ago, and... I'm quite disappointed. Maybe even depressed because by how clumsy I am, it seems something has gone wrong and I don't know why.

I downloaded it to remove some annoying memories, just giving a try. It worked fine, no problems in-game either; then I recategorized some clothes into proper bins. But next day (yesterday) it doesn't work anymore. No error message ever showed up, but the commands don't react anymore, like they were blank. I can still recategorize clothes, but nothing else. After opening neighborhood and selecting the only one I play with, nothing else can be done anymore. I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but that solved nothing

I apologize to rant this to you, I only wanted to say that if I really could do the translation this way, I certainly would! Please, if you have any idea how to get SimPE to work properly again, I will take on you generous offer to teach me how to do it myself!
Page 3 of 3