Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 11:01 AM
Default Any way AT ALL to make buildings bigger?
I know I know, there's this highrise stuff...but those are rabbit holes...It's just a "decoration" that puts the house way above the ground...

...and there's this "constrainfloorelevation false" which is HARDLY effective. Come on. Not ONLY can you not put multiple textures on the raised wall, and not ONLY can it apply to ONLY the first floor, you can't even put DOORS, or WINDOWS, or lights higher than the first "wall" on the raised 1st floor!...

...so is there ANY WAY AT ALL or ANY MOD that allows for more floors?

The problem is I'm thinking of a tower-like concept. Five floors is TINY for most of today's huge buildings.

You CAN put some conservatively-sized mansion on a 64x64 lot, but that's about it...no castles, palaces, with huge, extensive fields around them...no real, working skyscrapers with dozens of floors...no gigantic, grand cathedrals like the St. Peters' Basilica which rise over four hundred feet...

...and then there's these mods around here that attempt to replicate the likes of Windsor Castle, Versailles, etc. that I understand ARE beautifully-made, but...come on. They are TINY compared to the real versions. They are like toy versions compared to the existing ones.

Sorry, but I've got a thing for huge buildings. Is there any mod at all that can stretch the lots/houses' limits?

Thank you!

(btw, please don't scold me for being too whiny...this is just a loud thought...I understand the creators of this game probably have had a hard time dealing with these things...but come on...)

I want builidngs like these:

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 12:52 PM
it is partially doable, but - you need to be a great friend of CFT and such tricks.
For castles' like tricks look into: Fussen World's lots ( http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=8521750 ) as an actual example*

*however it's not the best game-building example, these constructions generates significant routing problems by themselves.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
dodgy builder
#4 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 6:42 PM
If you can make it cover several lots you can do as zelda101 in our feedback forum. If you post there you could get some help on making objects and wall covers for it. You still have the 5 floor limit though, but with a combination of meshed objects it could still work: http://modthesims.info/t/480837
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 10:08 PM
I hope you succeed.
Remember that if you let babies anywhere near the stairs, it's all over.
#6 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I hope you succeed.
Remember that if you let babies anywhere near the stairs, it's all over.

Into the Future, there are platforms in all the houses. Toddlers like to sit on the platform edges, and then you can't pick them up.

Of course, most baby making operations are shut down in the future, but you can engineer a baby at the hospital.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 11:14 PM
I'm thinking about the nice nap I could go take while that thing is loading on my PC.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?