Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 12:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Showtime
Default I'm not able to have mods on this old laptop
I have deleted my mod folder and the sims3 works now but everytime i put my mods folder back it just crashes when i try to play the game or install cc/uninstall cc, so i dont know, i want to play the sims, an enjoyable version while my other laptop is being fixed bear in mind i still have to buy a new laptop
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 5:28 PM
The mods aren't necessarily the problem. Or do you mean CC?
Are you sure you installed correctly? Or are patched to the latest? Have you tried using Dashboard to find any corrupt/conflicting mods?

Have you tried finding the culprit as I suggested in your other thread? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561306
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
The mods aren't necessarily the problem. Or do you mean CC?
Are you sure you installed correctly? Or are patched to the latest? Have you tried using Dashboard to find any corrupt/conflicting mods?

Have you tried finding the culprit as I suggested in your other thread? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561306

I deleted the mods and it worked, but when I installed the mods again it stopped working, so it's the mods but they shouldn't effect my game like this
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 6:16 PM
Well...if you have .package mods in a folder named Packages, within a folder named Mods..within your The Sims 3 folder...and that this Mods folder crashes your game when there, yes something in there affects your game in a way you do not want.
There is either one .package that is faulty/not up to your patch level/corrupted etc...or maybe your whole framework is wrong. But if everything works without your Mods folder present, it is a mod related issue.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettymiley
I deleted the mods and it worked, but when I installed the mods again it stopped working, so it's the mods but they shouldn't effect my game like this

It doesn't mean that ALL mods are at fault. Some might conflict, one might not be updated for your patch level. I've seen people put a TS2 mod in there by accident, all this can lead to a crash. It certainly can't be the computer's fault. You need to find WHICH mod makes your game crash.

And delete your chache files before you load your game again every time you change something in your Mods folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 6:45 PM
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 7:10 PM
That does not tell us if your mods are up to your patch level.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 7:21 PM
they do, i downloaded the lastest patch of nraas and the sliders and yet it still doesnt work, my patch is also updated
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 7:22 PM
could it be the resource file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 7:53 PM
if so could someone send me the proper link to download the newest version of it, also i have no EP's installed
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 8:16 PM
No, if your GAME is patched to the latest version which is 1.67.

The NRAAS mods are up-to-date but if your game is not, then your game will crash.

The framework for mods and the resource file can be found in the help section here.

Sometimes, even if your launcher says you're patched, it still might cause problems. Generally, applying the superpatch helps with that problem.

Always remove mods before patching, and delete cache files whenever you add new mods/CC.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...more/td-p/67858
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
No, if your GAME is patched to the latest version which is 1.67.

The NRAAS mods are up-to-date but if your game is not, then your game will crash.

The framework for mods and the resource file can be found in the help section here.

Sometimes, even if your launcher says you're patched, it still might cause problems. Generally, applying the superpatch helps with that problem.

Always remove mods before patching, and delete cache files whenever you add new mods/CC.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...more/td-p/67858

I've deffo have the lastest patch
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 10:15 PM
Since you stated it was your old laptop I venture it just doesn't have enough RAM for much beyond the base game. My old desktop with a measly 2gig RAM will run the base game with Ambitions and Seasons quite well but I don't dare add any more EPs; in most laptops the video shares system RAM so if 2gig is all they have there is probably 1.5gig or less available for software.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Old laptop?

Win 8 and an Intel HD that is too new to be recognized by TS3? Your laptop is not old. It just sucks.

EDIT: Just read your OP more carefully. So I guess this celeron is being fixed? HAha I can't imaging a laptop worse than this one. Sorry, but it literally has been years since I've seen a celeron.

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 1 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 2 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2167 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2489 RAM: 3979 Adjusted RAM: 3467 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 2
OS SP major ver: 0
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz
Family: 6
Model: 7
Cores: 2
HT: 0
x64: 0
Memory: 3979MB
Free memory: 1985MB
User: ashleigh
Computer: KITTY
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel(R) HD Graphics
Name (database): Intel(R) HD Graphics [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 0f31, Board: 390517aa, Chipset: 000e
Driver: igdumdim32.dll, Version: 10.18.10.3496, GUID: D7B78E66-4C71-11CF-B279-0F19B3C2C735
Driver version: 3496
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 1792MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1

My new one is being fixed, my old one is also crap, but i am going to buy a new one soon
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by prettymiley
I've deffo have the lastest patch

If I may add, how do you know? If you haven't run the SuperPatcher, it is entirely possible in fact likely that the Launcher has performed an incomplete patch job and is merely reporting that you have 1.67. MasterController in particular is very susceptible to incomplete patch jobs like that. If you have never run the SuperPatcher on this machine, this would be the time to do so.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

Also, the screenshot you took of your Mods/Packages folder is incomplete/cut off at the bottom. Is it at all possible that you have the MC Progression add-on module but not the actual StoryProgression base mod? That module will crash the game on loadup every time if you do not have both MC and SP base mods.