Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 8:22 AM
What would attracting sims onto Lot's public space?
I dreamed of having apartments in downtown area where the ground level are shops.

In game, we would have to set the lot to Residential but with Public Room Marker (and Hidden Room Marker) like how apartments are made since Late Night. At this point I will not entertain creating a fully functional bar, or any other community lot venue. I just want to discuss what rabbitholes, tricks, or whatever that can lure even a moderate amount of non-active sims (NPC or not) just to set onto the lot simply to sell this illusion of "apartments on top of store" on downtown streets.

With all the experienced RS3 players around, I am sure someone did some tinkering and would come back with some results.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You can't, I've tried it. Even if sims can come to your lot, they need you to "invite them in" in order to utilize the lot. I tried this before with putting NPC stuff on the dorm lot.

You can, however, build a fake apartment on top and real shops on the bottom and use a community lot type. So basically all the shops will function like any public lot, but apartments are not liveable, just for show.

Unless there's some trick I haven't found out, which I'd be interested too. The only work around I was able to do is build a resort, with the rooms on top and shops on the bottom.

Resort seems pretty close to it. 2 limitations:
1. Would have to find a way to blend the check out counter, wouldn't be too hard. (Pretend its the information desk).
2. Sims would have to literately "check in" to use anything on the lot.

Now if my active sims own the lot, he/she can walk in and use whatever he/she feels like without having to check in. I am going to give this a try.

dodgy builder
#5 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 1:26 PM
I have made a couple of these and is working on a very modern square at the moment. It would be interesting to hear how the resort experience work out. I may try it myself actually. The counter can work very nicely as the information desk in a highrise, it often needs a lobby anyway. For a world builder though having that many resorts may not be very useful, but perhaps a shopping center isn't something you want a lot of either.

How does the shops work on a resort lot?
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 2:28 PM
I didn't try it on residential lots yet but maybe this ticket machine would help. I usually use it to get more sims to community lots.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
dodgy builder
#7 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
I didn't try it on residential lots yet but maybe this ticket machine would help. I usually use it to get more sims to community lots.

That maybe a solution. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
This is based on the TS2 Open For Business ticket machine. It may be used on any type of lot, including your Sims's home. Brings paying customers to the lot!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 7:35 AM
Thanks for all the inputs.

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I have made a couple of these and is working on a very modern square at the moment. It would be interesting to hear how the resort experience work out. I may try it myself actually. The counter can work very nicely as the information desk in a highrise, it often needs a lobby anyway. For a world builder though having that many resorts may not be very useful, but perhaps a shopping center isn't something you want a lot of either.

How does the shops work on a resort lot?

Technically it does not hurt having many resort or shopping centers beside the fact that they may add to the NPC pools (NPC generated to run these resorts) and stretch your population thin. However, I have long given up treating TS3 as a real sim life game. I no longer worry that my world has 1 resort or 100. If every community lot has to be a "resort" for things to work, so be it. All I care is for TS3 to sell me that illusion that I am living a life in TS3.So if I really need a lot of sims to my lot, I can manually invite them via NRAAS Master Controller (if I need to simulate a busy day at the store).

dodgy builder
#10 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 6:29 PM
I just tried the ticket machine and it of course does not send NPC's to operate cash registers or bars.