Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 4:23 AM
[B]Any way to get more CC w/o slowing down your game?[/B]
Ok so I just got a new computer and ive reinstalled the sims on it and i recently just figured how to install package files into my game. But sadly my game started lagging. So i took some CC out. Now i have it to where i can bare. But im really missing my CC and i love Love LOVE getting new CC. So i was wondering if there was any way to get more custom content without my game lagging. Please help me . My sims' style depends on it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 11:30 AM
I have converted Sims 3 packs into package files and installed it that way to reduce the loading time.I've got tons of CC and too many Mods though my game dosen't lag and it loads up so fast I'd best not walk away or it's loaded before I get back to it.
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I heard you can merge packages? I've never done it but I heard that works. I don't really use CC, I like mods though.

It is working, you should try it.., I converted all my Sims3pack to package files, then put them together with mods I have, merged them to few categories and then put them in the mods folder, and sign them into RAMDisk
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 1:36 PM
Merging package files helps a lot, especially if you have large amounts of related packages. In my experience it's best to keep under 200 package files. I'm not sure about Sims3Packs, but you'll probably still want to keep their numbers down.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 3:27 PM
Last time I tried merging packages none of the merged stuff showed up in the game. I'm not sure whether I did something wrong, or it's just my weird game....
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
Last time I tried merging packages none of the merged stuff showed up in the game. I'm not sure whether I did something wrong, or it's just my weird game....

Try following this , it might help you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#8 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 12:44 AM
Aside from merging packages:

- in your current game, keep only the content you actually use. If you're not actively using it, it's dead weight.

- check for corrupt files; these are more often than not the source of lag.

- for packages in general, follow a simple, logical naming scheme. For example, I use only 0-9, "-" and "_". Avoid special snowflake names like
"{creator name} ~fancy texture name~_original creator name ~hair name~ age group.package"
When you only really need: "retexturer name_original creator_hair name_age group.package"

- this is more of a personal recommendation: keep only the most versatile content. For example, I will prefer a recolorable dress over one with a (barely recolorable) stencil, and I will keep only 3 sweaters of varying designs instead of 10 sweaters that look similar. If you really must have a piece of CC, be aware that you may have to remove another piece of CC to compensate.

- know your computer's capabilites. Find out how much CC it can run comfortably (no/minimal stutter, reasonable loading times) and adapt to that.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
- in your current game, keep only the content you actually use. If you're not actively using it, it's dead weight.

How do you achieve that?
You have a The Sims 3 folder for each saves..? I am trying to figure out what you mean here..lol
I am actually playing ONE sim...but I am still keeping my (insert number here) CC hairz...

Alchemist
#10 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
How do you achieve that?
You have a The Sims 3 folder for each saves..? I am trying to figure out what you mean here..lol
I am actually playing ONE sim...but I am still keeping my (insert number here) CC hairz...

I have an external HDD where I keep all my unmerged packages - both the ones I'm currently using AND the ones I may use in the future.
Since I tend to only play one game at a time, I only keep the files I want in My Documents (where the game reads them). And every time I start a new game I take out any CC I don't want to use anymore, and put in the CC I want to use.

As far as hair and clothes are concerned, you should find a balance between "spartan minimalism" and "use everything". What I mean is that you should have enough hairs/clothes that your sims don't all end up looking the same, but not using too much CC either. For example: if I'm playing a medieval hood, I'll remove the futuristic CC because it has no sense being in MY medieval game. Or if I'm not playing a fantasy hood I'll take out the more outrageous, anime-ish hairstyles. Of course, sometimes I play more eccentric sims that do require more eccentric/unusual CC, but that tends to happen more rarely compared to the proportion of "normal" sims.

And of course, I would love to just allow everything in game all the time and not waste time with sorting/removing/adding, but hey - computer can't handle that
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 6:35 PM
Yes. It would be kind of easy for when playing medieval, or futuristic or any theme out of the sims ' ordinary. Easy to sort your CC then.
Though a bit more complex for me who does not play theme really.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Try following this , it might help you.

Thanks. But those are the instructions I followed. My game is just wonkey. I can't get it to run without the launcher, despite using TES3W.exe and the utility to make EA programs recognize 4GB memory on a 32-bit machine doesn't work either. I hope to get a new computer one of these days, but not for the foreseeable future.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 6:04 PM
I think i'll have to learn how to merge some files. Thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I heard you can merge packages? I've never done it but I heard that works. I don't really use CC, I like mods though.

What's the difference between CC and mod?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 11:04 PM
CC is stuff for the game, clothes, furniture, hair, etc. Mods are things that change the game somehow, like making them eat faster, or allowing you to delete the stupid Imaginary Friend...