Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 12:31 AM
High pitched noise coming from newly built PC when I play TS3
Sooo I just built this computer a week ago, downloaded TS3 and it's giving me all sorts of issues. First, it makes this high pitched noise from the second the intros start making it unplayable, and second it lags like crazy even though it's installed on an SSD and my computer is more than able to run it.

Specs:

i5-4460

Radeon R9 270X

8GB RAM

256Gb SSD

1TB HDD

Windows 8.1, 64 bit

The high pitched noise doesn't stop even at lowest settings and 60hz/default refresh rate. Any help is appreciated, this game always gives me troubles no matter when or where I play it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You need FPS limiter. set to 60 FPS.

try MSI Afterburner

That was simple.. works fine now. Thanks a ton!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 4:00 PM
I use 3loader and Pescado's stripped down FPS limiter and the game works perfectly! Puts off some heat on my laptop but not nearly as bad as before. Also, some graphical glitches I had in my game were fixed!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 3:33 AM
High pitched noise? Noise made by the game, or noise made from the computer? If it is the latter, I may worry about the computer build when it was pushed. Could be the fan, or the harddrive's motor?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 4:12 AM
If the game is run without an FPS limiter, it's likely to strain the hardware (especially really good hardware) and cause the hardware to make those kind of noises. An FPS limiter solved 99% of my overheating problems with TS3 and it worked perfectly for the OP. If it doesn't work I would say avoid TS3 for the time being. Better to lose one game than your whole PC!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here