Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 2:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom majors cause strange game lag
Okay, so this problem has been bothering me for at least a year now, and I finally pinpointed the problem.

See, I've been playing The Sims 2 a lot. Got all the EPs, made my own neighborhoods, stuffed the game with mods, and it works just fine. All until I decide to send a sim to college...

So I'll send a sim into college to live in either a nice dorm or a decent rented house; game time is 8:00 AM on the first day of their Freshman year. I'll immediately send them inside to go claim a door if they're in a dorm, or send them to study the cooking skill if they're living in a house. By this point it's 8:30 AM. As they do it, the time goes... And when the clock hits 9:00 AM, that's when it happens.

The game will freeze for two seconds. Then one in-game minute goes by. Freeze for two seconds. One in-game minute passes. It keeps this up for the REST OF THAT GAME.

Out of curiosity on why it's done it, I took out my custom majors I downloaded - it would seem one of them was the problem, so I went through for a bit, and found two of the problematic majors. But due to slow game-loading times, it'd take me at least a week to fully figure out which majors are the true gamebreakers. At this rate, I just think it would be nice to know WHY this is happening, or if there's even an easier way to tell just which majors are doing this.

If anyone could give a little help to shed some light on the issue, that'd be awesome.
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 2:48 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Problem Custom Content
    Your issue is related to conflicting, outdated, or badly made custom content. Please follow the Finding Problem Custom Content FAQ.

If you load the game with only the custom majors (and no other custom content), it shouldn't take long to load the game.