Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 12:07 AM
Are you talking about the OFB windows gazania? You need CEP, EA broke them. You might want to mention that CEP is needed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 1:18 AM
Yes ... I believe they are. It's these, as you see in the picture below.

HOWEVER, I definitely have the OFB window fix in my good game.

Also however, though, I don't have CEP in the prep hood. Let me stick in those files, repackage the lot, and see if the lot will behave this time. Another option would be to switch out the windows, I guess. I guess that CEP would count as another mod/CC item, but CEP is pretty much a really basic download. I can't imagine anyone wanting to NOT use it, even if that person doesn't like CC or mods.

I've been constantly orb-ing the lot, checking the files, and cleaning out Sim references in the lot file. I then go into the game and package the lot. I'm gathering I'm not doing this correctly? In any case, this is a lot in a vanilla game that has no user-made Sims and has never been played.
Screenshots

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 1:28 AM
You need to have CEP in your building hood so it packages correctly, but remove CEP from your file with Clean Installer before uploading. It's up to the downloader to have CEP it if they want correct window colours to show. I gave a link on my daycare, but you don't have to. I always tend to give a recommended list of mods.

Why are you cleaning out sim references? They will just come right back. That's not needed unless the lot went live while saving.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 7:53 AM Last edited by gazania : 7th Sep 2017 at 8:36 AM.
No, the lots were never played, and were always packaged in neighborhood view, so I think I'm Ok there. I thought I had to clean out the references. At any rate, none of them have any unusual references.

The black windows are back, thank you! I guess I should work on snappy patter. Not too much patter. People want to know what they're getting, darn it ... not read babble! Time to resume looking at descriptions here ... maybe do a copy on Word. Don't forget the links to CC and mods and all that.

I agree with the poster that the upload guidelines seem a little daunting, but we did a lite version in the contest, so I should consider that practice. I'm looking here, by the way: http://modthesims.info/t/510897 and http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Lots_and_Houses

If I ever do this again ... I'm not sure you will WANT me to do this again, since I do tend to be really nit-picky ... it will probably be easier. I'd like to try once, though, whatever the result.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 8:37 AM
I know your lot hasn't been played. 'Going live' means the game goes live for a fraction of a second all while in buy and build mode. At that moment npc's can spawn, fountains run and chef stoves light. If you haven't experienced that than you are lucky. it took me two goes to permantly remove a spawned hair dresser from one lot. <_<

For uploading simply build a decent lot, it doesn't have to be super special just not some box that you can knock together in 5 minutes. Make sure it has some kind of landscaping and that the roof is decent. If you use CC you need to keep a list, easiest with CC you find for your lot rather than grabbing stuff you already have-unless you know where it came from and who made it. CC free is easiest. Then take a front shot at about sim height or a little higher. Take floor plans of each level, walls up, lights on, building filling the picture. Walk around like a sim and take a few more pictures-if you want (I do strongly suggest it though so people can really see your lot) It's not required though. That is it, not really that complicated.
Yes then the packaging making sure you clean out any CC that may have tried to hitch a ride, rar the file and upload. Make sure your pictures are at least 800 by 600. Most people get CR'd for small pictures and incorrect or no floor plans which is a shame as they are not hard to do.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 8:45 AM
It is not as daunting as it looks at first glance, gazania - your lot is fine and seems well suited for upload to me.
I have sometimes forgotten or overlooked something small - a mod will tell you if that happens, don't worry
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 9:11 AM Last edited by gazania : 12th Sep 2017 at 6:53 PM.
Well, it might be a little daunting. I'm having trouble extracting the file. I keep getting the message that I can't. I'll try moving the file around.

EDIT ... OK. It took some persuading and a bit of cussing, but I managed to get a zip. I took some pictures in the prep lot, and now will go to the test lot to show Sims moving around the place. I'm jotting notes for the snappy patter ... what I need and all that. This may take a while.

EDIT AGAIN ... Still pushing along. I CANNOT get rid of skilling bars above the heads, so I hope that's OK. I tried the mod that was supposed to get rid of them, but my game appears stubborn. I have no doubt it will work in another game one day, just like Mootilda's lights on box refused to work all during the contest, but worked in this game. And razzem-frazzem .... I got one of the pictures juuust right after a bunch of tries, and Maxis decided to put a notification of a Sim's accomplishment just as I took the picture. !@#%!

I am sticking with the .zip file, since I see so many on here. I don't think it should be a problem.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:50 AM Last edited by gazania : 13th Sep 2017 at 2:26 PM. Reason: I really shouldn't be posting without sleeping more!
Double post ... sorry again.

1. What do I enter for the summary? It's not the same as the title, is it?
2. I had to exit out of my uploading process. I did save the stuff with each step. At least I did that. Where on earth can I find it, or do I have to re-enter EVERYTHING again? NM. Found it. I resized pictures, fixed text, and submitted. There are a couple of pictures that a mod MAY decide I should retake when the person reviews it, but I'll see. I think they'll pass, but I am not a mod. At this point, I've tested the living crap out of this lot ... not only in three separate GAMES, but in a child (non-toddler) variation in two other hoods in one game. That makes a total of five hoods, and I don't know HOW many OETreeDelete.xls Logs (all squeaky, by the way.). It's getting to the point I'm starting to think of a Rabbie the Bear song, and it's bringing back memories of Barney the Dinosaur. No ... NOT Barney, please! I don't think Rabbie is THAT obnoxious. I hope not, anyway!

The only thing is that I realize I messed up the name of the Lot Cleaner in the credits. I keep calling it The Orb because it's an orb in the catalog. But I think it's OK? if not, that shouldn't be a difficult fix if the lot gets rebounded for that reason.

It was time to give it a shot, make any corrections, and get back to my new lot and my real game! If it's Ok, great. If the lot needs minor corrections, fine. If it's a flop, oh, well. I gave it a shot!

EDIT ... Annd ... it's up. Thank you all! If I pass 80 downloads, I will have beaten my previous record, anyway!

Page 2 of 2