Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 2:52 AM
No Autonomous Moving: WCIF?
Hello fellow simmers!

After searching online without success, I have decided to reach out to the Sims 3 community to ask where I can find a MOD that will not allow sims to move out of the homes you place them in. I'm trying to play with custom Sims I create for each household and service sims. My issue is the one of my sims is determined to move from his high-rise apartment to a lot down on the beach within the same neighborhood. Is there a way to stop autonomous moving within the same neighborhood? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 6:56 AM
At the very least you could pull the refrigerators out of residential lots that you don't want any sims to move into as they will never move onto a lot on their own that doesn't have one. But that doesn't mean they won't move around on you in other ways, or worse out of your world altogether.

TS3 is just not conducive to controlling inactive households without mods to step in and help, as you are seeing. Even though the hooks are all there to switch actives and try to play an entire world or subset of it at a time, it just doesn't work right and again, with no player controls.

NRaas StoryProgression has the tools needed in its control set to stop inactives from doing unwanted things including moving houses, splitting up, etc. at the Town, Household, and individual Sim levels. But you kind of have to embrace its flavor of story progression in order to get that benefit (not that we all see that as a bad thing). Should you go that route, on its simplest level it becomes

NRaas > SP > Sim (or Household) Options > Household:Allow Move Solo > False
NRaas > SP > Sim (or Household) Options > Household:Allow Move as Family >False

...and similar for allowing or disallowing romance, baby making, career progression, money and inventory management, etc.

AwesomeMod is another option that has fewer household-specific controls, but I think it can be used to accomplish this as well with its Supreme Commander functions or something similar to that. AM is a Core Mod though and a bit heavier-handed with certain other things.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
At the very least you could pull the refrigerators out of residential lots that you don't want any sims to move into as they will never move onto a lot on their own that doesn't have one. But that doesn't mean they won't move around on you in other ways, or worse out of your world altogether.

TS3 is just not conducive to controlling inactive households without mods to step in and help, as you are seeing. Even though the hooks are all there to switch actives and try to play an entire world or subset of it at a time, it just doesn't work right and again, with no player controls.

NRaas StoryProgression has the tools needed in its control set to stop inactives from doing unwanted things including moving houses, splitting up, etc. at the Town, Household, and individual Sim levels. But you kind of have to embrace its flavor of story progression in order to get that benefit (not that we all see that as a bad thing). Should you go that route, on its simplest level it becomes

NRaas > SP > Sim (or Household) Options > Household:Allow Move Solo > False
NRaas > SP > Sim (or Household) Options > Household:Allow Move as Family >False

...and similar for allowing or disallowing romance, baby making, career progression, money and inventory management, etc.

AwesomeMod is another option that has fewer household-specific controls, but I think it can be used to accomplish this as well with its Supreme Commander functions or something similar to that. AM is a Core Mod though and a bit heavier-handed with certain other things.

Thank you igazor! I actually do have NRaas SP. I was not sure exactly where the setting was. I thought it was only Immigration. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

Removing the fridges keeps the house empty? That's awesome! I hate it when random folks move into the houses i'm trying to save for my own sims in future.