Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 5th May 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
(which country doomed some iteration as "adult only"? I do not remember exactly).

Russia, with it's backwards-ass laws, rated TS4 18+. Because they're terrified of "the gays". And there's nothing child-unfriendly about people dressing how they want to.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 5th May 2017 at 4:39 PM
it's not the problem for kids I suppouse, they do not see anything wrong with running naked, eating soil and talking to the ball. Most of the time
It's problem with what adults' imagines as "wrong/inappropriate/sick/unholy/(and s*t)". And yeah, right that was Russia. /*sigh

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
#53 Old 5th May 2017 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
So two members of the opposite sex couldn't be friends, they had to be romantic? Wow, fuck that. That's even worse than not having same sex relationships.

No, no. It was more just a close sitting together with having their hands close together - didn't come across as romantic, really. Actually, I don't remember if it was possible to do that with a same-sex roommate; mostly cause I rarely ever changed whom I picked as a roommate when I played that game.

Quote:
I don't understand why this feature is controversial, but I do understand that opposite-gender clothes do not automatically make someone trans.

Transsexual or transvestite? But I have noticed that, for some stupid reason, people have taken to think "Oh, X is wearing Y gender clothing, which MUST mean they are transsexual or desire to be one". Just take a look at... well, 'spoiler revelations' about two well-known, crossdressing characters in videogames. I don't understand that mentality and I doubt I ever will - I grew up getting the hand-me-downs from my older brother, so I wore boys' jeans and slacks/trousers as I was growing up. I have not once felt like I was crossdressing or a desire to change my gender/identify as another gender.

Then again, this might just show how humanity is getting dumber...
Mad Poster
#54 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Then again, this might just show how humanity is getting dumber...

No doubt. The internet brings out the most close-minded, short-sighted, naive parts of ourselves.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:33 PM
Yeah, guys. Lets keep this thread on topic. I don't want it to be close.

I also would like to have grocery and clothing stores. And, barber's stools as an optional replacement for the fashion station object.

TS4's Toddlers and Vampire (minus no thirst death) seem interesting enough.
Scholar
#56 Old 6th May 2017 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I also would like to have grocery and clothing stores. And, barber's stools as an optional replacement for the fashion station object.

The grocery thing sounds cool. Especially since I remember Sims would come home and automatically put it into the fridge - in Sims 3, you seem to have to click Open and then drag all the stuff into the fridge. Yeah, okay, in Sims 2 it was just generic 'food' that you bought, but...

Less a mechanic, but I would like to see flower arranging being brought back. I loved doing a flower shop in Open for Business; I think it would work well as an Ambition-style Profession like Gardening. Only, instead of crops, you sell flowers.
Scholar
#57 Old 6th May 2017 at 3:03 PM
The flowers seems moddable--I mean there's already the wildflowers in the game that you can have in little vases.
Page 3 of 3