Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 5:02 PM
1.69 problems.
I've started checking before I launch the game that the proper EP/SPs are selected in the launcher.

The launcher (1.69) starts in base game anyway.
Close it, start over, and then it discovers the new EPs.

Any other victims of the 1.69 "Origin Experience" suffering from this ineptitude of EA?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 6:09 PM
This is one of the many reasons why I will NEVER update to the 1.69 patch. It's bad enough that EA can't make decent games any more, but they have to make it so much worse by tying everyone to a crappy piece of DRM software that they call Origin.

BTW, I'm sorry you're having more Origin issues and I do hope someone can help you resolve them. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Origin lately?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Theorist
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 8:25 PM
I think there's an option "never ask again" and I haven't had issues, unless I launch from a desktop shortcut. Then it just launches the base game.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 9:24 PM
I found that I stopped having this issue if I don't install anything through the launcher. Some things like counters have to be installed through the launcher, but for the majority of content You can just convert it to a package file.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 11:50 PM
There is no "never ask again" option in the 1.69 launcher. You must be thinking of something else.

I just abort the launch & start over again as many times as necessary. My beef is with the Origin updater. On my machine if I choose not to update--and therefore play offline--THEN it makes me sign in. If I'm not playing offline I don't have to sign in. But if I let it update it takes so long I run out of time for playing and it wipes out the expansion pack memory so I have o go through another step getting the launcher to launch. I'm reluctant to try uninstalling/reinstalling Origin because it's all such a hassle.
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
There is no "never ask again" option in the 1.69 launcher. You must be thinking of something else.

I just abort the launch & start over again as many times as necessary. My beef is with the Origin updater. On my machine if I choose not to update--and therefore play offline--THEN it makes me sign in. If I'm not playing offline I don't have to sign in. But if I let it update it takes so long I run out of time for playing and it wipes out the expansion pack memory so I have o go through another step getting the launcher to launch. I'm reluctant to try uninstalling/reinstalling Origin because it's all such a hassle.

Okay thanks--I'm not sure what patch I'm running. Have to check!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 9:29 AM
Oh, yeah. I noticed that issue. Annoying. Now, even if it does list my EPs and I start up, I have a sense of dread that it'll still pull the "Sims 3 base game" loading stick.
It's happened previously on the previous patch level off and on, but it's become more frequent.