Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 3:43 AM
Default Help, I use to be able to make household members related in any way I wanted, now I CAN'T!
Hey, I am looking for help since it seems like no one really has the exact same issue posted anywhere else. Let me explain, first of all this I use to be able to do but now it is giving me a hard time with it, I use to be able to make (for example) a teen the simbling, girlfriend, half sister, ect. to a young adult character, and even an adult character. I seen the option just earlier today and now I went to make a female young adult character who will be the big sister to a teen female sim and I only seen the stupid default choices (Parent). Can someone please help and if there is a mod that will make this possible to make characters related how ever I want in my game please tell me.

PS. No saying "I am having the same issue" or posting links because for one I came to get help not sympathy and two I do not click links sent form people I do not know.

Thanks! Please help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 5:25 AM
Many players use NRaas MasterController and its MC Cheats module to create and adjust family relationships between sims outside of CAS, after the household(s) have been created and placed in town as it offers much more flexibility than without. Won't bother giving you a link since we haven't been formally introduced, though you could peek at my signature line.

But, I'll be more direct about this than I was the last time. Could you kindly stop lecturing us on how to help properly and how not to when asking for assistance and no one has even had a chance to respond yet? Eventually members here will probably just stop responding otherwise.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Many players use NRaas MasterController and its MC Cheats module to create and adjust family relationships between sims outside of CAS, after the household(s) have been created and placed in town as it offers much more flexibility than without. Won't bother giving you a link since we haven't been formally introduced, though you could peek at my signature line.

But, I'll be more direct about this than I was the last time. Could you kindly stop lecturing us on how to help properly and how not to when asking for assistance and no one has even had a chance to respond yet? Eventually members here will probably just stop responding otherwise.

thanks and don't worry I already know how to download those and I normally do make sure I downloaded them, I recentally redownloaded them so wish me luck in getting this to work. Thanks again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 5:45 AM

and as for me telling people straight out to not tell me if they are having the same issue, it is not to be rude it is simply to avoid pointless things when I look for help using these forums. It is by no means to piss people off so please do not act like I do it to be an ass.
I am not trying to be a jerk, I just am getting itf out of the way before I actually end up seeing "Same problem here" or "I am having the same issue" those kind of comments are not too helpful and if people are having the same issue they could just click "agree" with my post to express they are having the same issue. So sorry if it offended or made anyone mad.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiNekoMT13
and as for me telling people straight out to not tell me if they are having the same issue, it is not to be rude it is simply to avoid pointless things when I look for help using these forums. It is by no means to piss people off so please do not act like I do it to be an ass.
I am not trying to be a jerk, I just am getting itf out of the way before I actually end up seeing "Same problem here" or "I am having the same issue" those kind of comments are not too helpful and if people are having the same issue they could just click "agree" with my post to express they are having the same issue. So sorry if it offended or made anyone mad.

I understand completely that you are not meaning to come across that way. But I'm afraid that's still how such directions and conditions do sound.

The thing is, this is not a customer support hotline. It's a chatty message board forum filled with avid players, mod developers, techies of all kinds. Players who want to contribute are very likely to add to discussions like that, add their similar or slightly so experiences, want to hear about more than one solution (okay maybe not so much in this particular case), sometimes threads go off in totally other directions after the original problem has been solved. We don't and really shouldn't have any control over discussions like that even if we know some kinds of responses aren't going to be very helpful, it's just the nature of this kind of forum.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 6:36 AM
I understand completely that you are not meaning to come across that way. But I'm afraid that's still how such directions and conditions do sound.

The thing is, this is not a customer support hotline. It's a chatty message board forum filled with avid players, mod developers, techies of all kinds. Players who want to contribute are very likely to add to discussions like that, add their similar or slightly so experiences, want to hear about more than one solution (okay maybe not so much in this particular case), sometimes threads go off in totally other directions after the original problem has been solved. We don't and really shouldn't have any control over discussions like that even if we know some kinds of responses aren't going to be very helpful, it's just the nature of this kind of forum.

well then tell me where there is a customer hotline if it is such a problem that I just want direct answer in a mostly free for all forum that I go to for help if I can not find the answers anywhere, I don't feel it is wrong for me to state that I want direct answer and no people just sympathizing with me... because honestly now it feels like I am being yelled at as oppose to how I stated my problem when I posted this. There are no rules that I remember reading when I signed up for this website stating that I am not allowed to ask for only answers in a forum, and if what I say is not rude, violates rules, or illegal then it is suppose to be okay... thank you for the help but I did not have to be accused of seeming rude or trying to "act like this is a customer hotline" I did not believe it was but sadly this is the only place I actually get answers to problems regarding modding or my sims games. I would go to the actual website but as your probably aware it is actually a violation of contract to mod the game according to EA standers, though people do it anyways there for I can not really go to the EA's actual help for problems with game mods. Once again apologizes but I did not exactly do anything wrong by asking for strictly answer in this forum and I am sorry if I sounded pushy or rude.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 6:48 AM
It is not a violation of any kind of contract to mod this game. If it were, I wouldn't have the presence as an (unofficial) NRaas representative on the EA forums as I have for the past few years and EA's developers wouldn't have provided the hooks into the game that allow for core, script, and tuning mods in the first place. They even have mod-specific sections set up for TS4 over there now, TS3 really doesn't need one because the posting traffic is lower than it used to be. But no, of course you can't go to EA Customer Support or its own HQ Answers board (which is not chatty and does operate more like a helpline) for mod assistance as they just don't provide that kind of support.

As for the rest, I was not yelling at you, wouldn't have any right to, and no one was breaking any rules. I'm only a member here and was trying to be helpful in suggesting ways for you not to alienate others in the future. If I sounded more forceful than I should, sorry about that but it's because you didn't acknowledge what I said about this the last time on your thread about sub-folders in Mods\Packages. But forget it, I'll let the MTS moderators respond further if they choose to.

Hope MasterController is doing what you needed it to do and happy simming.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 10:48 AM
Well, I just want to thank the OP for coining the term "simbling." Even if unintentional, it's a good one.

(BTW, Janet and I aren't blood kin to one another. What in 2010 I considered just as a TS3 limitation, has since become an essential part of our back-story.)
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 11:45 AM
I am having the same issue

I need a cigarette
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 4:10 PM
Echoing Igazor and saying it in another way: the vanilla game will not let you make relatives in CAS in various formations. Most especially it won't let you make teen simblings of adults (I also think this is a greatnew word and I want to adopt and spread it: also if someone comes up with similar new words for other sim relationships I would be very grateful). I tried various ways to do it. What I ended up doing was making the family any which way the game would let me & then using Master Controller to manipulate their ages as soon as I had them moved in. I agree that it is weird and frustrating to have to do it in separate steps but at least there is a fairly simple way to do it with mods.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 4:17 PM
You should also post these kinds of questions in the help forum, not the discussion forum, if you want help instead of discussion.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.