Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers needed for a "Swinger's Bed" global hack (updated)

by LizzLove Posted 16th May 2005 at 11:35 PM - Updated 11th Nov 2008 at 5:46 AM by Christy1077

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 305 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th May 2005 at 9:33 PM
This hack seems more realistic for the "romance sims" I can't honestly say I've been in love with everyone I've whoohooed....
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 20th May 2005 at 10:30 PM
Will this conflict with twojeff's Casual Woohoo?
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 21st May 2005 at 3:03 AM
This is exactly what my romance sims need...they're real tired of having to fall in love! Many, many thanks!
Systemic Anomaly
#79 Old 21st May 2005 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindaetterlee
I think it's redundant with TwoJeff's casual woohoo. I don't know if they directly conflict, but I would not try and use both together.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 21st May 2005 at 9:05 AM
well thats prety kewl, interested to see it work
Field Researcher
#81 Old 21st May 2005 at 11:10 AM
Great work and Great Thanks
Test Subject
#82 Old 21st May 2005 at 3:02 PM
[COLOR=Pink]Oh this is just fabulous.....thank you[/COLOR]
Test Subject
#83 Old 21st May 2005 at 3:56 PM
I have uni and this works perfectly. Makes life so much easier for the old romeos out there!

Thanks!

:D
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 21st May 2005 at 4:51 PM
Awesome, can't wait for the hottub hack.

So....when's the incest hack coming, and will it be compatible with all your other hacks?
Test Subject
#85 Old 22nd May 2005 at 11:12 AM
Just tried out the bed and it worked wonders. Now I can play Romance Sims so much easier. Many thanx.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 23rd May 2005 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murf1291
can we change it so that we can get more than two people in the same bed? that way it is a REAL swingers bed? I really like this hack, but this would be like adding the cherry to the sunday

It will be a long time if ever before we can have more than two people in a bed. Without getting too technical, there are multipule serious problems with doing such a thing. A double bed only has 2 "slots" or places for people to be. And the social and bed interactions all use main .exe code that only supports two people. While many of us would like to try such a thing, the game itself does not really support it.

Quote: Originally posted by murf1291
Awesome, can't wait for the hottub hack.

So....when's the incest hack coming, and will it be compatible with all your other hacks?

Hottub hack is in Alpha testing now (That means I have it working and am testing it myself before I release it for beta. So far so good btw)

The incest hack is not really being worked on. While it would have some uses for movies and such, there are several other hacks that will let you get the same results. Incest hacks seem to create quite an uproar, and I am not sure I want to step in the middle of that, just to fullfill a request that has already been done in other ways. It was just something I was looking at, some folks requested it, and took a look at the code mostly to see how romance is handled.

LizzLove
Test Subject
#87 Old 23rd May 2005 at 9:23 PM
Thanks this great now my simmies can be playersand pimps :D
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 24th May 2005 at 7:22 PM
Where can I find twojeffs casual woohoo hack?
Test Subject
#89 Old 24th May 2005 at 10:29 PM
This is great!!
Systemic Anomaly
#90 Old 25th May 2005 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adammc80
Where can I find twojeffs casual woohoo hack?

http://www.variousimmers.net
Field Researcher
#91 Old 25th May 2005 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lindaetterlee

This shouldn't conflict with my Casual Woohoo hack. My hack runs as a separate local 'object' and only uses 2 very obscure global files. I haven't looked at LizzLove's code, but I don't see any reason those two files I changed would need to be hacked for this verison since it's modifying the global files. I only had to hack them in order to get mine to run locally.

This hack will not affect any 'casual' interactions from my hack however, it will only affect the normal interactions.

My mods for The Sims 2 can now be downloaded from this site.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 26th May 2005 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove

Hottub hack is in Alpha testing now (That means I have it working and am testing it myself before I release it for beta. So far so good btw)

The incest hack is not really being worked on. While it would have some uses for movies and such, there are several other hacks that will let you get the same results. Incest hacks seem to create quite an uproar, and I am not sure I want to step in the middle of that, just to fullfill a request that has already been done in other ways. It was just something I was looking at, some folks requested it, and took a look at the code mostly to see how romance is handled.

LizzLove

Hooraaayyy for woohoo with everyone hot tub hacks!

And fooey on the incest hack =o( I made the family from "Flowers in the Attic", I've got the four kids locked in the attic, but the whole incest storyline can't be carried out, bleh. I know there are other mods that do the same thing, but they mod all kinds of other crap that conflicts with my other installed hacks.
Systemic Anomaly
#93 Old 26th May 2005 at 10:03 PM
FYI: Judging from the implementation of the bed hack, if the hot tub hack is implemented in a similar manner, it *will* conflict with a future version of the InTeenimater.
Test Subject
#94 Old 26th May 2005 at 10:11 PM
Very Cool!! My Romance Sims thank you...

:angel:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 27th May 2005 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
FYI: Judging from the implementation of the bed hack, if the hot tub hack is implemented in a similar manner, it *will* conflict with a future version of the InTeenimater.

It will be a very similar hack, so yes there will be conflicts then. I am thinking about making an other version of both the bed and the hot tub hack that are cloned objects that include the global files within them. This will be a lot of work, and I have little time. So this will not be done anytime soon. But if I do this then it "should" remove most if not all of the other conflicts. Being a self contained object that does not use the bed globals should prevent conflicts. BUT it will also most likely mean that any other global bed hack would not affect it either. So you would lose the "sleep naked" hack etc.

Speaking about the hot tub hack... I am running into a problem, but am not sure if it is with my hack or not. It only happens on rare occasions. I have a couple cuddling in the tub and when I tell them to kiss they lock up. I am wondering if this is a normal bug with the game? It happens maybe once in 100 times. Anyone else have this happen?
Test Subject
#96 Old 27th May 2005 at 5:26 AM
Thank you so much for this excellent hack. It saves me so much time for my romancing sims. However, does the "Try for Baby" option always come up or does it only come up randomly like the default one?
Test Subject
#97 Old 27th May 2005 at 4:16 PM
Works beautifully... my sims are at it like bunnies, dirty little beggars. Hehehehe
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 27th May 2005 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LizzLove

Speaking about the hot tub hack... I am running into a problem, but am not sure if it is with my hack or not. It only happens on rare occasions. I have a couple cuddling in the tub and when I tell them to kiss they lock up. I am wondering if this is a normal bug with the game? It happens maybe once in 100 times. Anyone else have this happen?

Happens to me a lot, must be a game bug.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 28th May 2005 at 3:32 AM
This doesn't go in the "downloads" folder....it does in global, right?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 28th May 2005 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zimuahaha
Happens to me a lot, must be a game bug.

Thanks, I thought it might be, I remember it happening once a long time ago, my sims spend more time in bed than in the tub so I was not sure.

That being the case I think the tub hack might be real close to beta release then. hehe.

Quote: Originally posted by TheLadyV
This doesn't go in the "downloads" folder....it does in global, right?

Nope, downloads works just fine. Not sure if it will work in globals. This is just a "global" hack. That is it is a modification to the bed bhav global files (originally in objects.package). This means it affects ALL double beds. Like almost all other mods just unzip the file into your download directory.

Love Lizz.
Page 4 of 13