Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 1:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default I want to get into the game faster
This has been annoying for as long I have played the sims 3, The time it takes me to get into my saved game (or new one) Is around half an hour.
I want to be in the game in 5 minutes tops. Iv'e done everything. but it still loads at a pace were i can watch every Achievement Hunter let's play 5 times and it's still loading.
I want to play a life simulator, not simulate the boring, mundane nature of Desert Bus.

Specs:
Manufacturer:HP
Model:s5-1128p
Processor:AMD A4-3400 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.70 GHz
RAM:4GB (3.49 usable)
System type:64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 2:27 AM
Have you tried SaveCleaner, Register, MasterController, and Overwatch? Those have sped up my game pretty well
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 2:54 AM
I can be impatient with the intro so I use a No Intro mod also. Along with cleaning my save after a long time of playing and Overwatch, it doesn't take me terribly long now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Can you describe what you mean "I've done everything?" So we know what specific things you've done and what you haven't?

Clearing Caches, Features items, Screenshots, stuff like that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 6:06 AM
After a 2nd look: RAM:4GB (3.49 usable)

Yeah... that's not good. With 4GB, you are giving about 1-2GB for your OS and other processes, leaving 2GB for the game. I can only imagine there is a lot of disc caching from your virtual pagefile while you load. Nothing can fix this except more RAM.

More RAM? Does that involve upgrading my computer? (Hardware wise)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XR3belxWarriorX
More RAM? Does that involve upgrading my computer? (Hardware wise)

Typically yes. You can also try uninstalling some stuff on your computer you don't use, to free up more space.
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 2:13 PM
Game load can depend on how much CC you have in your computer. Once my game stopped loading completely and it was because there was a file in my mods folder that the game wasn't accepting. Try clearing out some CC if, at all, you have any. Delete additional files attached like the gifs.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
"To be fluent in simlish is my dream."
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 3:09 PM
As nitromon suggested, more RAM will help you out. If that's not an option for you at this time try some of the suggestions here in Tips For Better Game Performance
Instructor
#12 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 7:21 PM
Seconding Save Cleaner. It used to take me almost half an hour to get into a save file, but now it generally takes about seven minutes.

Clearing caches isn't necessary every time you start up the game, and in fact can make the game take longer to load to recreate these files. Typically, they should only be deleted when new CC is added to the game. And even then, only the corresponding cache (CASPart cache for CAS items, scriptcache for mods, etc.) should be deleted.

Some people say that after cleaning out their Recycle Bin, the game has been known to load up a couple minutes faster. It's never been proved, but it's tied to freeing up some of your computer's space, so it's no wonder why it has an effect. So perhaps clean out some of the files saved on your computer, like nitromon suggested.

Sims 3 can take double the time to load up if you're doing something else on the computer while you wait, whether it's surfing or playing Solitaire. While you wait, make sure TS3 is the only thing running, and do something else off of the computer to take up your time.
Theorist
#13 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:06 PM
More RAM solves lots (if not most) Ts3 issues but a 30 minute load time on 4GB RAM doesn't sound like a RAM issue. How much hard drive space do you have?

Any way, try this:
1. Remove all CC, and load to test.
2. Use Error Trap, Master Controller, and save cleaner
3. Run CCleaner. Run your antivirus. Run Super Antispyware free. And Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. In that order
4. Defrag your computer

You shouldn't have problems after all that

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 8:14 PM
Moving to Help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 10:19 PM
UPDATE:I increased my VIRTUAL RAM and downloaded Register, no dice. However I shall use save cleaner and see what happens
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 12:01 AM
UPDATE 2:I used save cleaner, still nothing, *sigh* at least i can watch youtube whilst i wait
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 8:03 PM
Increasing the virtual RAM won't help because your problem is due to the fact you do not have enough physical RAM and it is using your virtual RAM.

Try turning off unnecessary processes. Any autoupdaters etc... make sure you're not running any webbrowsers etc.. just run TS3 and only TS3. Watching youtube while you wait only makes the waiting longer. (Also, in task manager set TS3W.EXE on "high priority" *warning do not use realtime priority* and also run in fullscreen)

I'll try closing processes, I guess this is another reason i should get a gaming pc
PS i watch youtube on my phone
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 10:36 AM
Wow 30/45 minute load times. I get antsy when it takes 10 minutes. This is on an old 3 gig laptop.
I have found that EA worlds have a lot of overhead. Remove all the Sims from Sunset Valley and it loads slower than many custom worlds with a population of 100.
Though the frame rate might not be much better.
Most custom lots seem to be very fussy. A lot of plants and brickabrack.
What Nitroman said though this computer dosn't have an internet connection.

Now here's a question for you all. I have a rather newer computer with 4GB.
Unless it's quite cool it overheats and shuts down while loading The Sims. If its managed to load a game it can be restarted once it's cooled. ;With the fan running full blast. I've tried the laptop fans and removing coverplates to get more air.
The computer has no problems running a game like Oblivion full tilt. Or playing 1280 movies. The Sims seems to be it's only issue. It brings it to its knees.

Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 10:22 PM
Thanks for the advice nitromon.
I've tried the fan to no avail. Propping the computer up, three inches seemed to help with a fan blowing under it.
That may have just been my imagination though.
None of my computers have an internet connection, I'm on a burner.
Never thought about the battery settings since it's always plugged in.
Also never tried windowed mode. It annoys me. I did try on the Toshiba to see if I could get the frame rate. No luck.
I'll drag the hp out of moth balls and try your suggestions.
Oh, before the 1.67 patch after a half dozen or so overheats it'd play on, though the vents were quite hot. But if I ever closed the game it started all over again.
I'd mentioned oblivion since it's graphics are so much better than the Sims I assumed it must be more taxing.
Thanks again
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 9:41 AM
Sorry to be unclear nitrogen. I ment the the fps.
The hp, the one that overheats gets 30+ fps.
On Powersaver the game didn't load after 20 minutes.
In windowed mode it overheated even when minimized.
In full screen it cools down after alt/tab.
The issue is the 1.67 patch.
Though this computer has always had an issue with overheating with the Sims it seems to over come it with earlier patchs.
Hard to understand. With 1.55 it overheats, but let it shut down a few times and it plays fine.
Shut the Sims down though and you start over
So a reinstall with the old patch.
On the flip side the 1.67 has slowed the frame rate down on the old Toshiba. But as long as I avoid EA worlds it's not to bad.
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 9:53 AM
Sorry about the Nick nitromon, I'm on a phone and if I don't pay attention it changes my spelling.