Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2016 at 5:10 PM
Default Baby Smocks
I have a baby outfit I recoloured and I got changes required on it. I had it in the creator feedback thread, but I don't think many people check that forum and it's long since rejected now as I focused on some other stuff for a while.

I made colourful recolours of the smocks here. https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/32432.html

The main problem was:

Also, since these are your edits of the colors, you must add shading and highlights - you can't leave them plain and bucket fill.

I'm really not sure where to add shading though. In the pictures attached the yellow and white smocks are the originals and the others are my recolours and the originals don't seem to have any more shading than mine do. I didn't use bucket fill; I used Photoshop colour actions on one of the original smocks.

The texture files are white smock = original, blue smock = mine.

Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd May 2016 at 6:24 PM
I think the problem is that they do look like they've been bucket-filled... even though they haven't. The originals' shading is pretty subtle.

You could try adjusting the contrast to make the shadows and highlights more noticeable. Otherwise, you could paint more shadows and highlights on in the same areas where they already exist.