Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 5:10 PM
Default Cd game and dvd game???
on CD wow

cd-wow.co.uk

there is two sesons games one cd and one dvd the cd one is cheaper and they have free delivery!!

All for 13.99!!

please help what do i go for the one with 2 cds or 1 dvd considering ive got a dvd drive and a cd one?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 6:17 PM
i would personally go for the DVD version of the game as it is just one disk and will install quicker and should play quicker too. Just make sure your drive is fast enough to run seasons.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 6:32 PM
-perks up-

a European site has CD-roms available? Do they ship to other countries! -races to check-

I have no DVD drive myself, but I indeed heard DVDs are faster.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 7:33 PM
I have Pets on DVD (I think it was only released on DVD in Europe?) so I'll be after the DVD.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 8:23 PM
cdwow isn't based in Europe - and they do ship free worldwide by the way, so they have both cd and dvd versions. I buy a lot of stuff from there but there are couple of things you should think about before buying a pc game from there:
Every pc game I have ever received (stuff packs and nightlife) has been the Asia-Pacific version. Though it has been exactly the same game as the european one - something to think about. Also they come in a really thick box that is the same length as a dvd case but about as thick or thicker than the sims 2 original box which can get on your nerves when you try to pile more than 3 up.
Also i preordered pets from there and it was cheaper but the day of release I received an email telling me it was out of stock and it could be a week until i received it, i consequently attempted to cancel my order and bought from a local store for a bit more money as i didn't want to wait. I then got an email saying they had already dispathched it so i ended up with two copies and if you want to return anything you have to send it to Cyprus. That was probably just as much my fault as theirs but it shows their communication isn't too good.
Finally you can buy the dvd off play.com - a uk based site - for £14.99 (only £1 more expensive) with free delivery and a pre-order bonus (if you're into them) which is what I have done as I feel they are a bit more reliable.
So to sum up - while i like cdwow and would still buy cds from there as they are ridiculously cheap - I would perhaps avoid it for games. But it's really up to whether you can live with what I said above. hope this helps
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 9:28 PM
Does anyone know how reliable this site is? http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore...uctcode=RM03095
I usually use amazon but I want the garden trellis
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 10:04 PM
i went with gameplay for a ps1 game called chase the express!! or somat bad!!

I also pre-ordered seasons off there today so i'd like to know that!!