Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 9:15 PM
Default My Sims 2 Series
I'd really appreciate it if some of you watched my two episodes of my new Sims 2 series called "The Rejects"

It's not perfect, as it has a few shooting and editing mistakes and the pilot episode kind of sucks, but it took me a while to get around it and I'm fairly happy with the result.

I worked hard on it regardless, so a few views would be nice. I hate to sound like a view whore, but it sucks when something you worked hard on doesn't even reach 10 views :/

The episodes aren't that long at all, so I'd appreciate it if you watched and gave me some feedback and maybe some tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsCJptucRMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjR00tnYCeo

Thanks!

Emily
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 12:22 PM
I watched the two episodes and enjoyed them. Well, "enjoy" maybe isn't the best word -- I don't like to see a sensitive Sim being made to cry. But the story certainly kept my attention. And I was most definitely on the side of Jamie, Seth and Eryn! I. looking forward to seeing the next episode. I do hope things work out for them in the end; I don't play The Sims to be made miserable!

I've been interested in the Sim in your avatar since your thread about playing Simlogical schools, and now I've met him. Good to meet you, Jamie!

I can't help thinking that Jamie, Seth and Eryn would be welcome and happy in my game. I think among teenage boys in Veronaville that gays are actually in the majority. The only incident of anti-gay bullying is now long in the past. It turned out that the culprit, Ralph Enriquez the townie, was in denial about his own sexuality. In the end he resolved it for himself by autonomously kissing another boy -- one of the ones he used to torment. Now they're going steady! My original teenage gay couple, Andrew and Julian, are liked and respected not only in the sizeable gay community (which is centred on Downtown), but also throughout Veronaville society. I actually have teenage boys called Jamie and Jack, both of whom live independently in the little houses in Mendoza Lane, Downtown, only in my game it's Jamie who's straight and Jack who's gay. Both are however thoroughly likeable, and they may even be friends! I admit there's a bit of utopian idealism in my game.

The boy who appears briefly at 7:27 in episode two caught my attention. He looks very like the Downtownie called Nolan Kosmokos in the game files and on the Wiki. In my game, he's called Berjes Wilsonoff, and (of course!) he's gay. But, even if he's not gay, I think he may be worth trying to make friends with. He is a Pisces with 7 nice points, and I think he's likely to be fair-minded and sympathetic. In my game he's a bit moody and quick tempered, but his love life has been difficult, and he feels that other gay boys have messed about with him. I don't think Eryn should completely give up completely on Vicky yet either. Vicky looks to me as if she feels bad about what she's done: she's tried to curry favour with the dominant group, and in the process has badly hurt a true friend. It will be hard for Eryn to trust her again, but I feel Vicky would like to say she's sorry.

Of course Jack, Morgan, Cassie and company may have their own problems, but they're not behaving in a way that's going to win my sympathy!

Constructive criticism? I can't make videos of my Sims at all now. I could when I first started to play, but now, probably because of the amount of CC I have, the make video facility is too slow and erratic to be useable. The only thing I can think of is that you might try to keep your Sims' heads and faces in shot, rather than just showing the lower body. You may be doing this deliberately, and I certainly like the way you do a close-up shot of Jamie's hands, but at about 1:00 in the pilot, did you really mean to keep Jamie's mum's head out of shot? There's another bit (I think in episode 2) where Jamie and Seth are sitting outside the school talking but you can't see their faces. But these are minor points in something that was otherwise well done. You certainly told the story well - well enough for me see your characters almost as real people, and start thinking of advice to give them, rather than advice to give you.

Anyway thanks for these videos and keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I watched the two episodes and enjoyed them. Well, "enjoy" maybe isn't the best word -- I don't like to see a sensitive Sim being made to cry. But the story certainly kept my attention. And I was most definitely on the side of Jamie, Seth and Eryn! I. looking forward to seeing the next episode. I do hope things work out for them in the end; I don't play The Sims to be made miserable!

I've been interested in the Sim in your avatar since your thread about playing Simlogical schools, and now I've met him. Good to meet you, Jamie!

I can't help thinking that Jamie, Seth and Eryn would be welcome and happy in my game. I think among teenage boys in Veronaville that gays are actually in the majority. The only incident of anti-gay bullying is now long in the past. It turned out that the culprit, Ralph Enriquez the townie, was in denial about his own sexuality. In the end he resolved it for himself by autonomously kissing another boy -- one of the ones he used to torment. Now they're going steady! My original teenage gay couple, Andrew and Julian, are liked and respected not only in the sizeable gay community (which is centred on Downtown), but also throughout Veronaville society. I actually have teenage boys called Jamie and Jack, both of whom live independently in the little houses in Mendoza Lane, Downtown, only in my game it's Jamie who's straight and Jack who's gay. Both are however thoroughly likeable, and they may even be friends! I admit there's a bit of utopian idealism in my game.

The boy who appears briefly at 7:27 in episode two caught my attention. He looks very like the Downtownie called Nolan Kosmokos in the game files and on the Wiki. In my game, he's called Berjes Wilsonoff, and (of course!) he's gay. But, even if he's not gay, I think he may be worth trying to make friends with. He is a Pisces with 7 nice points, and I think he's likely to be fair-minded and sympathetic. In my game he's a bit moody and quick tempered, but his love life has been difficult, and he feels that other gay boys have messed about with him. I don't think Eryn should completely give up completely on Vicky yet either. Vicky looks to me as if she feels bad about what she's done: she's tried to curry favour with the dominant group, and in the process has badly hurt a true friend. It will be hard for Eryn to trust her again, but I feel Vicky would like to say she's sorry.

Of course Jack, Morgan, Cassie and company may have their own problems, but they're not behaving in a way that's going to win my sympathy!

Constructive criticism? I can't make videos of my Sims at all now. I could when I first started to play, but now, probably because of the amount of CC I have, the make video facility is too slow and erratic to be useable. The only thing I can think of is that you might try to keep your Sims' heads and faces in shot, rather than just showing the lower body. You may be doing this deliberately, and I certainly like the way you do a close-up shot of Jamie's hands, but at about 1:00 in the pilot, did you really mean to keep Jamie's mum's head out of shot? There's another bit (I think in episode 2) where Jamie and Seth are sitting outside the school talking but you can't see their faces. But these are minor points in something that was otherwise well done. You certainly told the story well - well enough for me see your characters almost as real people, and start thinking of advice to give them, rather than advice to give you.

Anyway thanks for these videos and keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you! I'm currently filming episode 3, so it should hopefully be finished by the weekend or early next week at the latest (got a deadline for my coursework coming up) Unfortunately, I haven't got a lot of experience in filming for Sims 2, so my shots may look a bit weird, but I'll hopefully be able to improve. Also, those shots of their lower body was deliberate.

Vicky herself has problems (which we'll look at more in the next episode) and does feel bad about what she did, but it's the peer pressure from her "friends" that leaves her in this awkward position. Jack, Morgan, Cassie and Louisa have minor problems themselves, but I don't think it really justifies the way they act.

I hope you'll enjoy episode 3 when I publish it