Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 12:07 AM
Default Sims getting caught cheating.. with their own children?
I'm having a very strange occurrence in game and I'm not sure if its attributed to a mod conflict or some other kind of glitch. I've had a few instances of spouses acting as if they've been caught cheating if they're found sleeping in the same bed as their own (adult) child.

For instance, Michael Bachelor just walked in on Dina sleeping in the same bed as their adult son (they have a much more expensive bed so he chooses that bed over his own whenever left to his own devices!) He proceeded to slap her and they both got the cheating memory and he's absolutely furious with his son. I've had this exact same scenario happen with other households in the past and although its easy enough to delete the memories and act as if it didn't happen it is getting to be quite annoying.

I do have ACR and I assumed it had something to do with this mod but I've never heard of this kind of glitch before. Is there some sort of jealousy setting I'm not aware of that marks finding a sim in bed with someone else automatically considered cheating regardless of who the other sim is? Anyone else ever experience this?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 1:34 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 16th Oct 2016 at 1:46 AM.
I have ACR (version 2) along with a few hundred other mods...many of which affect relationships. I have never had what you're describing happen.

Have you looked at the family tree(s) of the affected Sims? Maybe, something has happened with their family ties. If that is the case, I would suggest running Hoodchecker to see if there are any other issues that can be repaired. You could then use SimPE to clean up any unwanted memories and re-link family ties.

Now, if family ties are still in tact and Hoodchecker does not show any irregularities, I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe, one of the mods can move this thread to the help section for you.

ETA: Do you by chance have a mod that allows for relationships with family members like BO's Step-Family Romance ? If any of the sims you're having trouble with are only related by marriage, a mod like this would allow romantic interactions. Also, if you download home/community lots created by others, sometimes mods they have installed can piggyback.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 1:52 AM
That sounds like a mod conflict. In my cave man hood many families bed share in turns and I've never had anything like that happen. Check that they have the correct family flags,

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 2:09 AM
Sleeping in a bed together is not a romantic activity unless it's modded somehow. It's the *other* things that they do in beds together that are problematic! So you've got something going on to troubleshoot, as even if Dina and her affair partner were sleeping in the same bed, Michael shouldn't realize they're anything but friends asleep in bed.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 2:22 AM
No I don't have any mods that enable those types of relationships @PenelopeT. The family flags are all normal.. Hoodchecker normal. I should specify because maybe it wasn't clear but they aren't actually doing anything romantic at all.. its just for some reason the fact that they are ASLEEP in the same bed is registering as cheating. I know I've had the same thing happen in other families before-- adult child and parent being accused of cheating by other parent. To my knowledge it has always happened when one parent finds the two sleeping in the same bed.

I did some googling to try and find some other instance of this happening and couldn't find anything. The Sims Wiki lists "sleeping in the same bed when a lover is around" as a way a sim can get caught cheating. So apparently that is maxis coding, but the whole parent-child aspect is throwing me for a loop.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 2:28 AM
You need to pull your mods, it could be something is clashing and causing this. It's not normal game behavior.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 2:49 AM
Just to add: I opened the game to test if I could recreate the situation. Had Dina and her son both go to sleep in the same bed and Michael walked in and had no reaction whatsoever. Most of the time I've had this situation happen I don't actually witness the event that is causing the cheating memory, I just hear the sound and when I scan the lot I see the couple fighting next to a bed still occupied by the sleeping child.. and see the memory and the furiousness and relationship plummet between the parent and the child. Perhaps there is something else besides just sleeping in bed that's causing the cheating accusation?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 4:08 AM
If you are on the UC you can try going into Origin, right clicking the game and seeing if fix is an option, otherwise my next guess is a mod conflict.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 7:24 PM
I just noticed something happen in game that is likely the cause of the "cheating" memory and figured I'd add the information here in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.

I'm still unsure what is actually CAUSING this glitch but I'm pretty confident its a conflict with or a glitch of ACR. Two sims just autonomously did WooHoo in their bed. The wife fell asleep after and the husband got up to go do something else. While the wife was sleeping, her mother came to sleep in the bed and they autonomously starting snuggling! So apparently its not just the act of finding the parent and child in bed together that is triggering the cheating memory.. It's the fact that they're snuggling-- something that shouldn't even be possible.

Now obviously this is something that would never normally occur in game when a mother and daughter are sleeping in the same bed but I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that the daughter is not just sleeping but the ACR "sleep" after WooHoo. Is anyone else able to replicate this issue?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 9:00 PM
Huh, interesting.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 11:59 PM Last edited by Simonut : 23rd Oct 2016 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That sounds like a mod conflict. In my cave man hood many families bed share in turns and I've never had anything like that happen. Check that they have the correct family flags,

I just had to break out with laughing when you said your "CAVE MAN" hood, boy the things and ideas we can do with our Sims life. I just love the many styles and neighborhoods Sims players come up with.
Note : Off Subject here.
One of my Sim who is "Hermit" name Joe Bumpkin, gave me a surprise, I send one of my other Sim who needed to have some fun to a dance club. when I look around the Hermit Sim was there dancing away.
Now what was he doing there I don't want him around other people ? I need to figure out how to ban him. lol

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 12:26 AM
Visitor Controller can ban individual sims if they're on lot.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweeetpeas
I just noticed something happen in game that is likely the cause of the "cheating" memory and figured I'd add the information here in case anyone else runs into a similar problem.

I'm still unsure what is actually CAUSING this glitch but I'm pretty confident its a conflict with or a glitch of ACR. Two sims just autonomously did WooHoo in their bed. The wife fell asleep after and the husband got up to go do something else. While the wife was sleeping, her mother came to sleep in the bed and they autonomously starting snuggling! So apparently its not just the act of finding the parent and child in bed together that is triggering the cheating memory.. It's the fact that they're snuggling-- something that shouldn't even be possible.

Now obviously this is something that would never normally occur in game when a mother and daughter are sleeping in the same bed but I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that the daughter is not just sleeping but the ACR "sleep" after WooHoo. Is anyone else able to replicate this issue?

This is not a problem caused by ACR, you have a mod either came with another download or one that cuts all family ties like "closer family relationship" mod.
There are other mods out there that will cut family ties and one could have been added to a house you downloaded and so on.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
One of my Sim who is "Hermit" name Joe Bumpkin, gave me a surprise, I send one of my other Sim who needed to have some fun to a dance club. when I look around the Hermit Sim was there dancing away.
Now what was he doing there I don't want him around other people ? I need to figure out how to ban him. lol

Give him one of Inge's prisoner tokens from Simlogical. Then he won't be allowed to leave the lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 3:47 AM
Another vote for a prisoner token/tag. It's a round silver disk that you pop into your sims inventory, you will never see him on any community lot again.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 3:37 PM Last edited by sweeetpeas : 24th Oct 2016 at 3:56 PM.
@marka93 The family ties are all intact. There is no other inappropriate interactions going on at all. Only in this very specific circumstance of a parent sim getting into bed while their son or daughter is sleeping after ACR WooHoo does this action happen. I have no family relationship altering mods at all. So it is definitely not a family ties issue.

Edit* To make it more clear.. it appears that if one sim is sleeping after ACR woohoo and the partner leaves the bed, ANY sim that tries to sleep in the bed will end up being cuddled by the sleeping sim. It just so happens that in my game it is a relative where that should not be possible. It's as if the coding to check that the sim is of a high enough relationship/ or an eligible sim (non-relative) to cuddle with is not working correctly in this extremely specific circumstance.****

On another note.. since I don't think I'm going to figure out WHY its happening is there any way within ACR's configuration to disable Sims from falling asleep directly after WooHoo? This seems to be the only preventative measure I could think of for such an obscure issue.
Alchemist
#17 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
If you are on the UC you can try going into Origin, right clicking the game and seeing if fix is an option, otherwise my next guess is a mod conflict.
Don't do this if you've edited your program files, unless you've prepared a back up of everything you changed first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Don't do this if you've edited your program files, unless you've prepared a back up of everything you changed first.

I've learned that the hard way last time I repaired the game through origin and all my empty templates got messed up
Scholar
#19 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 4:02 PM
So THAT's why my Downtown borked!
Instructor
#20 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 4:15 PM
On another note.. since I don't think I'm going to figure out WHY its happening is there any way within ACR's configuration to disable Sims from falling asleep directly after WooHoo? This seems to be the only preventative measure I could think of for such an obscure issue.

I don't know about editing the ACR, but if you during WooHoo cancel the Relax interaction (in the commands, left upper corner of the screen) (cancel it on one Sim is enough), they will rise and shine after WooHoo like nothing's happened.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 5:23 PM
@marka93 The family ties are all intact. There is no other inappropriate interactions going on at all. Only in this very specific circumstance of a parent sim getting into bed while their son or daughter is sleeping after ACR WooHoo does this action happen. I have no family relationship altering mods at all. So it is definitely not a family ties issue.

Edit* To make it more clear.. it appears that if one sim is sleeping after ACR woohoo and the partner leaves the bed, ANY sim that tries to sleep in the bed will end up being cuddled by the sleeping sim. It just so happens that in my game it is a relative where that should not be possible. It's as if the coding to check that the sim is of a high enough relationship/ or an eligible sim (non-relative) to cuddle with is not working correctly in this extremely specific circumstance.****

I have had a relative get in bed with a sim that just had ACR woohoo and they did not cuddle but turn there backs to each other and went to sleep like they should.

How about a test for this.

1. Make a copy of the hood and test in this copy only.
2. Have the same two sims to woohoo normally and have the same one get out of bed and have that same relative get in just like before and see what happens.
3. If same thing happens then remove other mods (one at a time) that effect sims in any way then test again.

I don't remember but is this the only house it happens in or is it hood wide.
If just this one house then the internal relationship tic may have been removed so try and remove there relationship with Sim Blender and then reset there relationship back to the way it was.

Pause the game then remove there relationship then unpause the game then pause the game again and reset there relationship back and see what happens.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93

I don't remember but is this the only house it happens in or is it hood wide.
If just this one house then the internal relationship tic may have been removed so try and remove there relationship with Sim Blender and then reset there relationship back to the way it was.

Pause the game then remove there relationship then unpause the game then pause the game again and reset there relationship back and see what happens.

It is not house or sim specific. I have had it occur before with other households, however was never sure of WHAT exactly was happening because I only would hear the cheating "noise" and see the furiousness and cheating memory. I experienced this in a NEW household the other day (which is why I reposted in this thread to add) where I actually witnessed a mother get into bed with her daughter (who had just did ACR woohoo and had fallen asleep) and when she got into bed the daughter autonomously cuddled with her. There was no cheating memory or anything because her husband did not witness it. But this led me to the assumption that this is what has been triggering the cheating in other households. I've tested it with regular woohoo.. I've tested just having a parent and child in bed together and having the spouse walk in.. nothing happens. So I've definitely narrowed it down to the specific situation of falling asleep after ACR-induced woohoo, which is a different social action altogether from the normal "sleep" action as far as I know. I just need to figure out if its a specific mod I have conflicting or if I stumbled upon this weird ACR loophole that allows for such weirdness to occur.

When I get a chance to go in game again I will try testing without other Mods to see if its more of a conflict issue than a glitch.