Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 8:17 PM
Default Gold Digger LTW problems
I'm playing a Legacy Challenge right now and one of my Sims's has the Gold Digger LTW (See Ghost of Wealthy Spouse.) So I killed his wealthy spouse by drowning her in a pool while he watched. But it didn't fulfill his LTW. So I put her grave in his backyard and a few days latter her ghost came out at night. He walked past her and then interacted with her. But the LTW is still not fulfilled.

Has anyone else has problems with the Gold Digger LTW? Any ideas about what I should do? One problem I can see is that her ghost is now labeled as his "finacee."
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 9:06 PM
The most recent Gold Digger I had was after the release of Island Paradise, and for him the LTW could not be fulfilled either. He watched his wife die, he remarried the ghost but nothing worked. I did have successful gold diggers in the past, so either it is broken now, or randomly glitched, or we're doing something wrong.
I think in the past you had to watch the spouse die, because shortly after death the marriage link is changed to fiance and so the former spouse is not a spouse anymore. Yeah, but as I said re-marrying the ghost didn't do anything either.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#4 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
What if your "gold digger" is a sim of wealthy family that ends up marrying one of the graveyard ghosts
Kaiko, please refrain from spamming random threads with your ghost obsession, thank you.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
What if your "gold digger" is a sim of wealthy family that ends up marrying one of the graveyard ghosts
What would be the difference from marrying your deceased former spouse? As wealth is tied to the household and not individual Sims and as it's calculated on net worth and not disposable cash it's quite obvious that you'll only have a wealthy spouse if you're wealthy, too. When you marry a wealthy Sim and have them move into your trailer home, the spouse ceases to be wealthy, even if you end up with millions in cash. You have to marry into a wealthy family.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 8:14 AM
I also have trouble with the LTW. I don't think I have ever manage to fulfill it. Tried several guides and no luck. Pretty much given up on that LTW and most of the time I don't bother to give it to y sims.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:27 PM
OK,I'll try that LTW.