Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 3:10 AM
add mods while playing?
Hi! I was playing in windowed mode one day, and i remembered that i forgot to put back a certain mod into my packages folder. So that got me thinking... Can you put mods in/out of the packages folder while the game is running? I was too scared to try, because i thought i might mess something up. But i am REALLY curious now as to what might happen? Glitches? Crashes? Nothing? I couldn't find any info about this, so I'm sorry if this is a repost. any help or info would be great! Thanks! :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 6:28 AM
I believe the game simply won't read it. You need to exit the game and load it up again, and then it will recognize everything in your packages folder.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 11:06 AM
Not only will the game not read it, if you're as unlucky as i was when I did it (I windowed the game, forgot it was running and installed the mod) and when i tried to go full screen it crashed and ended up corrupting the save. I don't window my game and look for mods at the same time anymore lol!
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 11:22 AM
I doesn't take much to crash Sims 3. If you even try to save having the game's FOLDER open you could crash the game.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 8:13 PM
No,you can't.Probably Crash or doesn't work.
I never try that.:D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 10:56 AM
I would just quit the game and get the Mod back in and delete the cache files before reloading the game.It wouldn't matter if I was in windowed mode because it could crash the game and corrupt the save.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 10:12 PM
It is safer to close your game and opening back after you add a mod. Because mine crashed before when I did it and I had to reinstall my Sims3 + ALL expansion,imagine the pain i had to go through reinstalling everything. Plus MODs does not work like CC from TS3 Store where you can install while just minimizing it.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 3:48 AM
Impossible