Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Lonerbum : 12th Nov 2014 at 8:14 AM.
Default Sims 3, Constantly invaded by burglars.
I'm not sure where to categorize this thread to so I put it here...

So I placed a lot on my own in Sunny Valley to build a house for my growing sim family. I placed it behind the art museum, there I noticed there's this 1 tiny black orb, I can't interact to it in any modes no matter what I do. None of my sims can pick it, I can't move or delete it in build or buy mode. Because I can't move it, I can't build on that spot because this tiny black orb is in the way. Today I've had enough of it so I shift+ctrl+c delete it. But then, the household is constantly getting burglarized twice a day almost everyday. Because of this, the kids in this household doesn't get to sleep at night because of the alarms. At least 2 of the sims in the family got Brave trait & high level martial arts training so they can beat the burglars off like a breeze. But I'm just worried because 1 of them has a job so he can't keep watch everyday & the other sim is a student & he's been doing terrible at school because of the lack of sleep.

Honestly, I don't believe this black orb has anything to do with the burglars, but this seems to happen right after I deleted the orb. This household got 2.8 million Simoleons in their household funding, but the burglars didn't seem to bother before, so what changed? (They earn the Simoleons through work, not cheats)

So, what should I do to stop this? Any ideas? I'm really confused right now...

EDIT
Here, I've add some images, hope it helps.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 9:00 PM
I would check the exact function of the orb for you, but I'm not in my game right now. What you can do, though, is activate the BuyDebug on cheat, go to the BuyDebug menu and look for that black orb. These orbs usually act like flags for the game engine, i.e. "Skip this floor when switching the camera between floors" or "Make this part of the lot open to the public".

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 10:46 PM
I haven't a clue how to help you, sorry, but would recommend giving those who need to sleep through the night the 'Heavy Sleeper' trait temporarily, just until you figure it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
I would check the exact function of the orb for you, but I'm not in my game right now. What you can do, though, is activate the BuyDebug on cheat, go to the BuyDebug menu and look for that black orb. These orbs usually act like flags for the game engine, i.e. "Skip this floor when switching the camera between floors" or "Make this part of the lot open to the public".

I just add some screenshots
I check the orbs in buydebug mode, they are all big, except "performer_jig DO NOT TRANSLATE" so I think that might be the orb I'm looking for. I tried to place the orb but it showed as red on the ground so it really confirms my suspicion because despite it's small size while the other orbs in buydebug despite being big, I can place it on the lot just fine. This orb took a lot of space & overlap the fence which was the problem I've been facing before I deleted it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 12th Nov 2014 at 10:21 AM.
So, when you try to pick up the orb it says that it's a performer jig? No, I don't think either that deleting it is related to your burglar invasion. It's a leftover from a performer who performed for tips on that spot. Jigs are some kind of carpets that tell Sims where to go when they've been ordered to perform a certain action or interaction and that prevent other Sims from walking to, over or onto that spot at the same time. Once the action finishes the jig should be deleted. But the game is notoriously bad in cleaning up these things and quite often jigs are left behind. Deleting an unused jig should not produce any problems in theory.
Although I do wonder how you could end up with a performer jig on a residential lot. Performers usually perform for tips on community lots.

But as regards the burglars, being invaded twice a day is very unusual. This sounds almost like the constant meteors, which were caused by a mod conflict. Have you already checked for possible bad mods? As far as I remember the chances for a burglar to appear on a lot are determined by the time all Sims in a family have returned home at night. So, for example, if you have a family of night owls and none are at home at a certain time at night, chances for a burglary are lowered. If all are always at home at 22 then the chances for burglary are higher. But twice a day is highly unlikely.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 10:51 AM Last edited by Lonerbum : 12th Nov 2014 at 11:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
So, when you try to pick up the orb it says that it's a performer jig? No, I don't think either that deleting it is related to your burglar invasion. It's a leftover from a performer who performed for tips on that spot. Jigs are some kind of carpets that tell Sims where to go when they've been ordered to perform a certain action or interaction and that prevent other Sims from walking to, over or onto that spot at the same time. Once the action finishes the jig should be deleted. But the game is notoriously bad in cleaning up these things and quite often jigs are left behind. Deleting an unused jig should not produce any problems in theory.
Although I do wonder how you could end up with a performer jig on a residential lot. Performers usually perform for tips on community lots.

But as regards the burglars, being invaded twice a day is very unusual. This sounds almost like the constant meteors, which were caused by a mod conflict. Have you already checked for possible bad mods? As far as I remember the chances for a burglar to appear on a lot are determined by the time all Sims in a family have returned home at night. So, for example, if you have a family of night owls and none are at home at a certain time at night, chances for a burglary are lowered. If all are always at home at 22 then the chances for burglary are higher. But twice a day is highly unlikely.

Yeah that's what I've thought. I also made another household a while ago, she gets robbed a lot, but by a lot it's just once in a couple sim weeks (4 weeks I think?)
Hmm...
I recall downloaded a couple of Nraas mods, Retuner & Cheats & Integration for MasterController. Guess I'll take some of them out & see if it still happens.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 3:40 PM
Not sure what you can do re your burglars. I do use some settings in Retuner for changing alarm reactions if you want to look into that. It won't stop a burglar but the settings should allow sims in the household to get some sleep while they are being ripped off. I just get one Sim out of bed to do nothing or have coffee with the police while the burglar gets away.
Retuner>Settings>General>By Tuneable XMl>Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics>BurglarArm>kBurglarAlarmReactionOthersParams>Species To Affect> or adjust the AutonomyLevelToReact

Re the markers:
Often those markers are generated by the game for spawning stray pets into the game or as mentioned performers. ErrorTrap should hard-reset them automatically nightly if you have that mod installed but under some circumstances ET does not catch them all. If nothing else suggested above has worked try this:
Click on your ground>Nraas>MasterController>Object Stats>Not in Inventory> click on the jig, confirm flush and that should remove them.
If you want to check if it's a "worldly problem" use your TownHall and instead of Not In Inventory use Global to flush them all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Lonerbum : 14th Nov 2014 at 7:02 PM.
Sorry, just got to reply today.

OK, just tried on other householeds, it seems the only household that wouldn't get burglarized is the 1 with police & criminal career. The rest, all gets robbed. So I removed Retuner, the burglars also disappeared. So how does that even work? I thought Retuner only tweak autonomous actions, not spawning burglars. I guess the only action I got to try now is to reset the town.

Edit
Just reset the town, the burglars still come.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:21 AM
That is the oddest glitch. Did you try asking over at NRAAS industries? Or set Retuner back to default?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 4:53 PM
Well this is definitely gonna be awkward for me...

You can say I'm dumb because I guess I am dumb... I took a break from all of this burglar thing for a bit by getting myself Dragon Valley, played on a different household & moved that household into Dragon Valley. I didn't click save before I move but I DID save the 1 in Dragon Valley as a new save but that still means my save was overwritten...
I look up in thesims3/saves & use the backup into a main but it only revert to the point that household just arrived to Dragon Valley.

I feel like I want to write an eulogy for the households that got wiped...

But thanks for all the help, I guess I'll try to system restore or something, see if I can get them all back or just backtracking everything...
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
Well this is definitely gonna be awkward for me...

You can say I'm dumb because I guess I am dumb... I took a break from all of this burglar thing for a bit by getting myself Dragon Valley, played on a different household & moved that household into Dragon Valley. I didn't click save before I move but I DID save the 1 in Dragon Valley as a new save but that still means my save was overwritten...
I look up in thesims3/saves & use the backup into a main but it only revert to the point that household just arrived to Dragon Valley.
I feel like I want to write an eulogy for the households that got wiped...
But thanks for all the help, I guess I'll try to system restore or something, see if I can get them all back or just backtracking everything...

You're not dumb Lonerum...I think we've all had our share of "whoopsies" and "what was I thinking (or not)" along the way.
Too bad you don't have a previous game save even if it meant going back in time.
I will suggest though not to use Windows System Restore. It won't make backups of program files like your Sims 3 installation. It only preserves the windows state, restoring only backs up windows and the registry. Doing so can have a negative impact on other updated applications or other programs you have installed, , driver updates, s etc.

Editing.. just to add one more thought on using System Restore: any software installed or changed prior to you doing a SR will also be negatively impacted as the SR would remove the registry data. The end result would be those programs/applications won't work anymore. And the uninstaller won't work either because the registry data will be gone.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
You're not dumb Lonerum...I think we've all had our share of "whoopsies" and "what was I thinking (or not)" along the way.
Too bad you don't have a previous game save even if it meant going back in time.
I will suggest though not to use Windows System Restore. It won't make backups of program files like your Sims 3 installation. It only preserves the windows state, restoring only backs up windows and the registry. Doing so can have a negative impact on other updated applications or other programs you have installed, , driver updates, s etc.

Editing.. just to add one more thought on using System Restore: any software installed or changed prior to you doing a SR will also be negatively impacted as the SR would remove the registry data. The end result would be those programs/applications won't work anymore. And the uninstaller won't work either because the registry data will be gone.

I see...
Thanks, I almost decided to use the System Restore, I just drop by here to see if anybody might know how to revert my save. Guess not, but I dug the files a bit & found out I made a spare save back before I start shuffling my game with mods from this site. Guess I have to make a 1 month of back-tracking or just cheat my way back. It won't be the same but at least it'll be close I guess...

Man, I should've save the household, my gut keep telling me to do that but I didn't!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 9:41 PM
I had the same problem , but i did not have an orb that i deleted. It just happened. http://kathness.com/2014/09/04/too-much-burglars/
what i did is first
1.checked my CC
2. reinstalled my game as my last resort and all went back to normal.
One Minute Ninja'd
#17 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 10:00 PM
And another example of why Save As..........., sequentially numbered, is your friend. Sure, it takes a bit of housekeeping to clean out and/or back up old saves (I have an archive of old saves from what I thought were important points in games I cared about, although I've never actually ever gone back and load one up, but I could, if i wanted to), but no more than a minute or two to reorganize your saves folder when it gets chock full.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 10:55 PM
Good advice from eskie227 Lonerbum. I think a lot of us have learned that one the hard way. If you're forgetful you might want to give [[http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Saver|Saver]] a try. The mod won't automatically save your games but it will prompt you to save, renaming each time at intervals you specify. And, you can ignore the reminder if you chose to do so.