Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 10:44 AM
NRAAS "Show in Compact Form" not working?
I recently installed Sims 3 again on a clean installation. It runs great so far and I only left out two expansion packs and a few stuff packs So that clean installation really did wonders. I'm having an issue though.
I'm on version 1.67, and as I recall NRAAS Master Controller's "Show in Compact Form" setting for CAS doesn't work..

It simply won't give me the clothing in compact form. You know, where there's one thumbnail for each item, instead of stupidly all of the colors being in the thumbnails (WHAT WERE THE DESIGNERS THINKING!?!?)
Does anyone know why this isn't working? Or do I need to go back to an earlier version of the Sims 3? Say, 1.63. It worked then.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 11:49 AM
You need to use it in Nraas' custom CAS. To do so, right click on the sim you want, then Nraas > MasterController > Edit in CAS
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 11:53 AM Last edited by MarcyRoars : 16th Nov 2014 at 12:37 PM.
But then what is the use of it? I remember very correctly that it would work on earlier versions for the regular CAS. Having to use "Edit In CAS" doesn't solve anything, because I need the compact mode in all of CAS, seeing as the game always reloads thumbnails and items every time you switch back and forth.

EDIT: "Edit in CAS" also doesn't give me compact mode.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 12:59 PM
Did you remember to change the CAS settings (clothing, accessory, etc.) from the Master Controller before entering into CAS itself? Or is it not working even though you did change the settings first?
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:37 PM
Strange. For me, it only works on Nraas > MasterController > Edit in CAS. When I use the "dresser" or "editsim" comands or normal ways to edit a sim in CAS it doesn't work either.
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Strange. For me, it only works on Nraas > MasterController > Edit in CAS. When I use the "dresser" or "editsim" comands or normal ways to edit a sim in CAS it doesn't work either.

It's working for me after I set it from from the settings. It even works with the stylist but then again, I'm still at 1.63 patch level, so it could be due to that, just like it used to work for OP.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 2:05 PM
You will need the additional Integration module to have this setting work in all versions of CAS (dresser, mirror, stylist station and Create-A-Household). If you don't have that it will only work in MasterController's own Edit in CAS and Stylist commands.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
You will need the additional Integration module to have this setting work in all versions of CAS...

Well woohoo me sideways and make me miss my carpool, you're right! Good on you for mentioning this, or else I would have never found out!
In the meantime I also updated to v1.67, and everything is working just fine.

I can't believe I had so much trouble with this on my last Windows installation. All because of that one module!

Thanks a bunch.