Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 8:03 AM
Default Holiday stuff pack items.
You know some certain items will give some new events in game, as Christmas tree and Santa cookie for Santa Clause to come to your house, the cornucopia Touch of Autumn: sim cooks new disk called Holiday Feast, and someone told me to celebrate New year (using the phone), you need to put....I don't remember, is there anyone remember it?

I put a lot of stuffs down in the house but nothing happened, do I need to wait until Spring because it's still winter?

And how about other holiday, I saw some other stuffs in there., Chinese New Year? ....
Oh, I put mistletoe at the front door, and the door kept open all the time, what's going on, do I need to have two sims kissing under it?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 10:14 AM
I don't believe any special object is required to celebrate New Year's. You just pick up the phone between noon and 8pm and select Throw Party > New Year's Party. The guests you invite will show up at 8pm. Feed them, entertain them, and at 11pm Old Man Time will show up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 4:48 PM
I didn't see the option of Newyear party on two lots when season is still winter, but now it shows on other lot when it's spring. Maybe I should wait until spring.
Some parties sometimes show up, sometimes disappear, I saw 4, if sims engaged there wedding, then house party, sport party,... sorry I don't remember all. But I'll come back to the lot has option and celebrate Newyear,

I love Newyear and Christmas. Specially with the snowman singing Christmas carol all the time from Holiday stuff, then my sim lights the fire crackers and got burnt , really got my sister crazy (it's not Christmas yet.)
Thanks.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spal
Oh, I put mistletoe at the front door, and the door kept open all the time, what's going on, do I need to have two sims kissing under it?

If you put any object (well, ceiling object, actually, I believe) too close to any of the doors, they stay stuck in the open position. The mistletoe needs to just hang in the middle of the room somewhere for Sims to use it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 10:59 PM
thanks, I thought mistletoe did that.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 3:27 PM
its frustrating that we got a holiday stuffs but, no throw party for thanksgiving, throw party for halloween, throw party for christmas ... did you guys ever think of these?

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vintage_Eve
its frustrating that we got a holiday stuffs but, no throw party for thanksgiving, throw party for halloween, throw party for christmas ... did you guys ever think of these?

Well Thanksgiving would only apply to Americans and not us Europeans
Theorist
#8 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 4:55 PM

I'd like to be able to throw those kinds of parties, especially a Halloween or Christmas one. The fall holidays are my favorites. I suppose you kind fo can though, by decorating the house appropriately and then just throwing a regular party. Wouldn't be the same as having guests turn up in Halloween costumes though!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 9:51 PM
There's a Halloween party and sims showing up with customs? when season it should be?
Theorist
#10 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spal
There's a Halloween party and sims showing up with customs? when season it should be?

I don't think there is, I was talking hypothetically. It would have been nice if that option had come with the stuff pack rather than just a New Year party, but sadly it didn't.

Banned
#11 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 1:50 AM
I was talking to someone about making a game mod. Now neither one of us would be able to do this (I said Inge could probably do it) and I had this idea that one day in the fall between the hours of say 5pm and 10pm, children would come to your door dressed in costumes, and you could pass them out candy. If I was an expert BHAV and animation maker, I could probably do it.
Theorist
#12 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
I was talking to someone about making a game mod. Now neither one of us would be able to do this (I said Inge could probably do it) and I had this idea that one day in the fall between the hours of say 5pm and 10pm, children would come to your door dressed in costumes, and you could pass them out candy. If I was an expert BHAV and animation maker, I could probably do it.

Didn't this happen in sims 1 now you mention it....there was some sort of candy bowl you could buy and kids would come to your door dressed up. Or did I download that?

That would be a very cool mod though.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
Didn't this happen in sims 1 now you mention it....there was some sort of candy bowl you could buy and kids would come to your door dressed up. Or did I download that?

That would be a very cool mod though.

If you had something like that on Sims 1 it was a download. Though, I do slightly remember that, I could never find it though.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile

Then that would be awesome , I wish one of our mod geniuses can make a mod for Christmas party, New Year Party, Thanksgiving/Easter Sunday, and Halloween Party (not just kids goin to knock on doors on fall but also you can throw a halloween party with costumes) that would be fun!

Scholar
#15 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 1:24 PM
Then that would be awesome , I wish one of our mod geniuses can make a mod for Christmas party, New Year Party, Thanksgiving/Easter Sunday, and Halloween Party (not just kids goin to knock on doors on fall but also you can throw a halloween party with costumes) that would be fun!

If someone did that then I might actually use the throw party function! Though, don't we already have a New Year Party?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 11:28 PM
There is an Easter Rabbit mod.

http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=149177

I haven't used it yet, but my daughter did and said it was really cute. Have fun!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sandersims
There is an Easter Rabbit mod.

http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=149177

I haven't used it yet, but my daughter did and said it was really cute. Have fun!

then what does it look like? and how does taht Easter rabbit mod goes?

Banned
#18 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 12:33 AM
Does the New Year's Party only happen with certain Holiday Packs, I know they made like 5 different versions of Holiday Stuff packs.