Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 12:47 PM
Default If I install a foriegn copy of a TS2 stuff pack...
Will it change the launguage of my game?

I ordered Kitchen&Bath Interior Design Stuff from Amazon.uk, it seemed perfectly fine until it came in the post the day after I ordered it, it was in Greek. What the fuck? I was like "I ordered this from Amazon.uk, not a foriegn country, dickhead".

It had the Greek flag next to the PEGI rating of 12+.

So I'm wondering, if I install the stuff pack, which I haven't opened as of this thread, will my game think that it's now become a Greek version?

Also, this is optional but I need someone to translate Greek. I can scan the cover. The title is English, but the blurb and stuff is Greek. Anyone up for it?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 1:47 PM
I would get them to exchange it or refund you, unless you mistakenly ordered a Greek copy. I would guess that the Greek edition would contain an English install option, but why would you want to pay for something you didn't order?
Inventor
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 1:47 PM
It should have an option to install in English.

I always buy the Dutch versions, but install in English myself. I guess that's possible with the Greek versions too.

Bit weird you got a foreign version, though. If I were you I should call Amazon customer service and ask why you got the Greek one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 2:08 PM
The case is not just having foriegn launguage, it's this:

When I bought Apartment Life, it came from the US since it had the T rating. All my expansion packs but that were from the UK. And I can tell that it changed to American because when it asked me if I wanted to connect to the Sims 2.co.uk it said that, but when I installed Apartment Life it said The Sims 2.com.

That's the case.
Banned
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 3:39 PM
I doubt it will work, or even want to install it. Like the purple name guy said, get ya money back...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PeterFoster111
The case is not just having foriegn launguage, it's this:

When I bought Apartment Life, it came from the US since it had the T rating. All my expansion packs but that were from the UK. And I can tell that it changed to American because when it asked me if I wanted to connect to the Sims 2.co.uk it said that, but when I installed Apartment Life it said The Sims 2.com.

That's the case.

As long as you install in English or whatever language your game is set to, there should be no issues. It's just language. I have games localised for Romania, some are for UK, for TS3 I have one SP localised for some arab country, and the same one I've seen in the shops also localised for Greece.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 4:41 PM
Is the disc even in the same region as the other ones you have? I have bought one on ebay once and it said it was going to work in Region 1 and when it came in the post it was an Indian version and it wasn't working in my computer.
Theorist
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 5:57 PM
It will work.
I have used Expansions from many different region codes and they all work fine - mind, for some VERY weird ones [eg. Thai] You just need to change the language code for the installer which is as easy as changing a 0 to a 1, and that's it. Here is the back of the Box for you: LINK

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 11:57 PM
Thanks for the info everyone, I'd still urge the original poster to get a refund if the wrong version was sent. There's no point in paying for something you can't read yourself, and once the DVD case is opened then there will be slim chance of a refund.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks for the info everyone, I'd still urge the original poster to get a refund if the wrong version was sent. There's no point in paying for something you can't read yourself, and once the DVD case is opened then there will be slim chance of a refund.

Yep. Were getting around sending it back to get a full refund.

Unfortunately though because of the seller Amazon can't exchange it for another version, so I just send it back for a full refund and get an English one.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PeterFoster111
Yep. Were getting around sending it back to get a full refund.

Unfortunately though because of the seller Amazon can't exchange it for another version, so I just send it back for a full refund and get an English one.

Try play.com - that's where I get mine from and they are often a leetle bit cheaper than Amazon.